Building my PC, what do you guys think?

+2
The Adli Corporation
Twitchy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Twitchy

Twitchy

I've been talking with a friend and we've been picking out parts for me to build my own gaming PC. My goal was around $1,000-$1,300, and this is what we've got so far.

Spoiler:

What do you guys think? Any feedback would help. Thanks Very Happy

(Also, finished my last exam today, so I'm technically "back")

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

needs a better GPU dude...

*runs*

Twitchy

Twitchy

I've been told AMD cards have really shitty drivers, but others have told me that they're fine. I couldn't find another card with a reasonable price that was as good as that one.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Conker wrote:I've been told AMD cards have really shitty drivers, but others have told me that they're fine. I couldn't find another card with a reasonable price that was as good as that one.

it was a joke dude XD

Twitchy

Twitchy

Oh. My bad xD but how is the rest of it?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Conker wrote:Oh. My bad xD but how is the rest of it?

it all looks stupidly powerful. im no expert, but thats a good rig Smile

Twitchy

Twitchy

Apparently I'll be able to run almost anything on Ultra and get good FPS, so I'm happy.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah i can see why, you have 8GB of fast ram, TWO good GPUs and a 3.5ghz quad-core CPU Razz

Go with an Nvidia card. GTX 670 is only like 50 bucks more.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

-drools- makes my laptop look like a calculator lol

Twitchy

Twitchy

Sym wrote:Go with an Nvidia card. GTX 670 is only like 50 bucks more.

What makes it better then my card? They look almost identical.

Conker wrote:

What makes it better then my card? They look almost identical.

The 670 is the better buy in my opinion, but both are great cards (btw what resolution are you playing at?). Anyways in regards to your build I would recommend another psu (the current one is okay but you can get better for the same price). Switch the case out with something like the HAF 912. Also in regards to your cpu, will you ever want to overclock it? Finally you forgot the disc drive (i know some people do not need to but just reminding you) and windows Razz.

You get a better performance to price ratio out of the 670.

Nvidia drivers a easy and reliable

PHSYX

Sym wrote:You get a better performance to price ratio out of the 670.

Nvidia drivers a easy and reliable

PHSYX

Phsyx is pretty much useless and the reliability and ease of use between nvidia and radeon is not nearly as large as it was 3+ years ago. You will get around the same experience. (The main issues today are crossfire support)

Phsyx still looks cool. Crank Arkham City with Physx and its beautiful.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I also vote for the 670 and a different brand PSU.
I thought HDD prices had finally dropped back down some >_>

Twitchy

Twitchy

Shaymojack wrote:I also vote for the 670 and a different brand PSU.
I thought HDD prices had finally dropped back down some >_>

I actually had a bigger power supply (750W I think), but cut it down. And the price of my HDD actually just went back up x.x

Twitchy

Twitchy

I'm looking at this card right now, but apparently Newegg got a bad set and a lot of the cards. A lot of red screening and crashing according to the reviews, so I'm hesitant to buy it. Thoughts?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121638

Its a good card. Actually its a very good card.

Twitchy

Twitchy

Yeah, it's really good. But, it's about $80 more then my other card, and apparently is very unstable. So it's a gamble, high risk, high reward. I'm gonna talk with a few people and see if it's worth it.

Why dont you get an EVGA 670?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130782

Twitchy

Twitchy

Never even heard of EVGA. And that card has a lower core clock and boost clock then mine, but much higher effective memory clock. Is it really worth $60 more?

Conker wrote:Never even heard of EVGA. And that card has a lower core clock and boost clock then mine, but much higher effective memory clock. Is it really worth $60 more?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787

Never heard of EVGA?

I would say the 670 is the best value on the market right now when it comes to price to performance ratio. If I was looking to upgrade right now that is what I would buy. The other card you linked before is also very good, but the 670 is better, no question when it comes to performance. Its really a matter of preference man.

Twitchy

Twitchy

I know, these 670s are beasts, especially for their price. I'll see what my friends say, and make my choice then. Right now I'm leaning towards the ASUS GTX670 or the EVGA GTX670.

StormEye

StormEye

EVGA XFX ASUS

Those are the manufacturers that I trust to make the component work to the spec, and possibly beyond.

StormEye wrote:EVGA XFX ASUS

Those are the manufacturers that I trust to make the component work to the spec, and possibly beyond.

I would say MSI is also really good.

StormEye

StormEye

MSI is good on releasing special editions of mid-high (not top tier though) cards, but their top tier does not seem to be that good compared to the three I have mentioned.

They do produce some super coolers for GPUs, and I thank them for MSI Afterburner, though.

Twitchy

Twitchy

What do you guys think of this card?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685

unisyst

unisyst

Last like 3 Nvidia cards I had all had overheating probs. I'm loving my 6970.

StormEye

StormEye

Conker wrote:What do you guys think of this card?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127685

I think ASUS has the higher factory overclocked card at the same price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum