the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just got Fraps. Tech question

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just got Fraps. Tech question Empty Just got Fraps. Tech question 2012-07-06, 20:36

I have a few BF3 clips Ive recorded I want to upload.

The god damn files are 36 gigs each!

Whats the best course of action to compress these bitches?

This is one area where Im not very savvy.

What program is best and easiest?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

you'll need to pull your HDD out and jump on it a few times.
that should compress the files nicely Very Happy

but in all seriousness, Tom should be able to help you out. i think he used Fraps for that Spec Ops video.

Yea hopefully Tom will see this.

FRAPS kills the performance. Its locks BF3 at 30 FPS for me. Which is still playable.

So I DL'ed Virtual Dub and its going to take FOREVER!

The best free option to compress videos is to use handbrake. I personally do not use handbrake but from what I can see looking at the program just use high profile preset and keep the aspect ratio and resolution the same. Going over to the video tab be sure to check constant frame rate and set the average bit rate to something around 7500. Be sure to also check 2-pass. This should Give you a pretty good output, though for the best results you will probably need to mess around with the settings for a while. Also fraps should not autolock your frame rate at 30 fps on your computer, be sure to check your fraps settings and uncheck lock frame rate while recording.

Should I record full size or half size?

I have a 17 minute BF match thats 30 gigs....is that normal?

Sym wrote:Should I record full size or half size?

I have a 17 minute BF match thats 30 gigs....is that normal?

Well what resolution do you play at and what resolution do you want to submit to youtube? And yes that is normal.

I play at 1080

Dont know about the output resolution. I think 720 is what I should shoot for right?

Sym wrote:I play at 1080

Dont know about the output resolution. I think 720 is what I should shoot for right?

Yeah you will need to record at full size. If you want 720p uploads to youtube you can just change the resolution of the video with handbrake when you compress.

Thanks. How long did it take to decompress that video you posted?

Sym wrote:Thanks. How long did it take to decompress that video you posted?

Around 15 minutes, almost an hour to upload though.

What did you use to decompress? Mine is taking MUCH longer than that?

Like ALOT longer.

Sym wrote:What did you use to decompress? Mine is taking MUCH longer than that?

Like ALOT longer.

Well mine was only 13 GB, so yours will probably take around 3x longer. I use media encoder cs5.5 just because it came with all of the adobe software I bought for $90 a while back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cFU3J6x26xs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
How does this look?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

looks nice.I was interested in that game for awhile ever since the first preview,realized it came out the other week >.O

Its pretty good actually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum