New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help please, video editing and FRAPS

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

As you know I'm trying to come up with a video that covers how to read the x7 and x8 optics for all of the sniper rifles.

It will also cover sound suppressors for each rifle and their maximum effective ranges. I want to add voice to it that is not in game, and perhaps some music or what have you.

There will be informational sections a well covering each rifles origins.

Does anyone here know how I would edit that into the video?

Duck

Duck

play music in the background when you film the game lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

You'd have to record the "narration" as a separate audio track and then import it and line it up with the video in whatever video editing software you're using.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Any recommendations on programs and what have you on how to do this?

This is essentially a video response to this guy.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Well I'm into audio editing...I've never really done video though the program I use can handle one track of video. Basically what you do is import your original video file into the software and it will split your video file and the original audio into two separate files within the software so you can edit them independently (more or less). Then what you want to do is record your narration (or import it if you already have one recorded) onto a separate audio track in the software. That way you'll have both the narration and the original audio. All you have to do is line everything up and then render it down to the one file and your narration will be added to the original audio you captured.

I did download a video editing program to mess around with some time ago called camtasia studio 7. It seems fairly simple and I think it will do what you need but I have pretty well next to no experience when it comes to video editing. My expertise lies in the audio world so I don't really know if that's a "good" video editor or not.

I do video editing Art. What program are you going to be using?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Currently the only program I know how to use (And only for compressing fraps) is VirtualDub.

TBH to do editing your going to want a better program. I dont know of any free ones, but I have Sony Vegas and the version I got was only 60$

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I figured as much. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to this. I took Video editing back in freshman year, and that was on a MAC. I can't remember any of it sadly.

Well its one of those things you just have to do yourself to learn.

Good news is youtube has videos for just about any program you decide on.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Did you buy the program online Sym? I may just have to suck it up and plop some cash down, since this is something I'd like to get into.

Yea let me find a link

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Creative-Software-Vegas-Studio/dp/B005CGDAL8/ref=sr_1_3?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1345055995&sr=1-3&keywords=sony+movie+studio+11

This is very similar to what I have

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Do you know of how to get the custom audio and what have you into the video sym? If you watch the video I linked here, I was going to follow a very similar format.

Yea thats easy in the program. There is an option to import music. Its very similar to MAC in that sense.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ah, nice. I'll probably pick it up, it's surprisingly affordable.

Ante

Ante

You can literally just drag and drop audio files into a Vegas project. You can then adjust the levels of each individual track with a slider, cut them up into segments, yad yada. It's very intuitive. Vegas is a boss editing program.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Does Sony Vegas allow you to record custom audio too?

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I have no idea about Vegas...but audicity is free and you can record audio

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So what would you recommend guys, Vegas or the program Sym linked?

That was Vegas. Just a mini version of the full 500$ one.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ah, I didn't know that lol xD

Ante

Ante

That program Sym linked is Vegas "lite" essentially. I wouldn't recommend spending the $500 for Vegas Pro, that's for sure.

Edit: Oy, ninja'd. ...

The use Vegas for alot of TV shows and sports editing. Its a great program.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sym, do you use another program to record audio and then import it into vegas, or is it all done in one package?

Artimise Flare wrote:Sym, do you use another program to record audio and then import it into vegas, or is it all done in one package?

I use a different program. But I dont import any recorded Audio into Vegas. I record for my defunct band with N Track.

I would imagine you would want to use another program for audio. Audacity is a good free one like someone mentioned already.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ok cool, hey thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully my first "commentary" video will go well once I have compiled all the videos and such.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sony Vegas should be able to record new audio tracks...unless I'm severely mistaken. And if it does another program designed for audio probably won't make what you record sound any better. If you want good sound you'll need a good mic, soundcard, etc. The only thing in the software that could make a huge difference would be any audio plugins and effects that come with it but I doubt you'll need anything that extensive for what you want to do.

But if you feel like taking the plunge and going with a DAW (digital audio workstation) for your audio you can try Reaper. They offer an unlimited non-crippled demo. You basically get the full version to try out free for as long as you like.

Check it out here. http://reaper.fm/download.php. And if you end up liking it and want to pay for a license it's only 60 bucks which is a steal compared to other DAWs that can run in the 300$-500$ not counting any peripherals you might need.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Thanks hydra, I downloaded audacity and the sound files seem fine for what I'm working on.

Bought Sony Vegas yesterday an opted for rapid shipping. Should be in my hands tomorrow evening, hopefully.

I still have do more recording and data gathering but it'll be fun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum