New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Video recording: Other options to FRAPS

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

FRAPS is pretty user friendly, but I'm curious about other programs. Would be nice if others would compress and not make the files so darn big but at this time, I'm taking what I can get.

Anyone know about other video capture programs that are good?

Didnt you already make a thread on this?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I don't think I did will have to check to be honest, because I don't remember asking this question

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Didnt you already make a thread on this?

nah that was me.

The answers I got were Dxtory which is harder to set up than fraps and MSI afterburner which I didn't even know could capture video until Tom pointed it out to me.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t17548-fraps-good-for-recording-gameplay

That's my thread if you want to read through it.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ah, awesome, thanks Hydra Smile

Ante

Ante

I use Dxtory. Pain to set up, but it's easily the least resource intensive when configured correctly which makes it possible to record in higher resolutions with less than stellar hardware. It also let's you record in a different resolution than what you're playing at (I record at 720p while playing at 1080p.)

This is what my videos end up looking like after shooting with Dxtory and color correcting/sharpening and rendering in Vegas.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Very nice, what game is that by the way Ante? Is that Boarder lands 2 multi?

Ante

Ante

Yeah it's Borderlands 2. I plan on getting some BF3 footage if i ever get around to re-installing it...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I take it there are tutorials on how to setup the program on youtube correct? Is Dxtory a free to download program or do I need to pirate it?

Ante

Ante

Artimise Flare wrote:I take it there are tutorials on how to setup the program on youtube correct? Is Dxtory a free to download program or do I need to pirate it?

You'll need to pirate it. Razz Otherwise I think it's 15 or so dollars.

And yeah, there's a few good tutorials on setting it up.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

cool info,I'll probably use it too. probably need to get a 2nd hard drive,this 1tb is nearly full

that's a cool sniper,highest I've ever gotten is like lvl 35

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum