We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alright PC nerds, let's talk turkey

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Chewy

Chewy

Alright, so I've recently been thinking I should stop being a pussy and just get the GTX 670. I can definitely afford it.

What say you, SeC? I'm about to pull the trigger here. I've been researching it quite a bit and it seems to be the most bang for your buck, better than the 7970 in most games at 1080p, and only a little bit worse than the 680 which is $100 more.

You know what Im gonna say!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Chewy wrote:Alright, so I've recently been thinking I should stop being a pussy and just get the GTX 670. I can definitely afford it.

What say you, SeC? I'm about to pull the trigger here. I've been researching it quite a bit and it seems to be the most bang for your buck, better than the 7970 in most games at 1080p, and only a little bit worse than the 680 which is $100 more.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u6ALySsPXt0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chewy

Chewy

Alright, I'm gonna do it!

Final build:
Intel Core i5-3570 3.4Ghz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
Stock Intel LGA1155 Heatsink and Fan
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (Intel Z77 HDMI, 2xPCI-E, 8xSATA, 4xDDR3)
1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps (Major Brand)
24X LG SATA Dual Layer DVD /-RW/CDRW w/Nero
2GB GeForce GTX 670 GDDR5 PCI-E Dual-DVI/HDMI (Major Brand)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 5 Fans, Audio/USB/eSATA
650watt Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W 80 PLUS CERTIFIED
Wireless B/G/N PCI-Ex Adapter 300Mbps
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1

A couple things I changed:
1. Added a soundcard
2. Changed to an EarthWatts power supply. General consensus seemed to be that it was better than the low-end corsair stuff.
3. Added a PCI-E wireless adapter.
4. And of course the switch to the GTX 670.

Total cost: $1,272.05 after discount. I would say that is somewhere in the $700-800 range.

Looks good man. How long for delivery?

Chewy

Chewy

3-5 days for building, and then probably 5 for delivery I think.

These guys are really responsive though so it's not gonna be like some places where they just don't ship it for 2 weeks for no reason. They've responded to all my emails in less than 2 hours.

Chewy wrote:Alright, I'm gonna do it!

Final build:
Intel Core i5-3570 3.4Ghz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
Stock Intel LGA1155 Heatsink and Fan
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 (Intel Z77 HDMI, 2xPCI-E, 8xSATA, 4xDDR3)
1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps (Major Brand)
24X LG SATA Dual Layer DVD /-RW/CDRW w/Nero
2GB GeForce GTX 670 GDDR5 PCI-E Dual-DVI/HDMI (Major Brand)
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 5 Fans, Audio/USB/eSATA
650watt Antec EarthWatts EA-650 GREEN 650W 80 PLUS CERTIFIED
Wireless B/G/N PCI-Ex Adapter 300Mbps
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1

A couple things I changed:
1. Added a soundcard
2. Changed to an EarthWatts power supply. General consensus seemed to be that it was better than the low-end corsair stuff.
3. Added a PCI-E wireless adapter.
4. And of course the switch to the GTX 670.

Total cost: $1,272.05 after discount. I would say that is somewhere in the $700-800 range.

Nice build. Only thing I am unsure about is the case and wifi but I hope they serve you well. Also this build is probably around $1000.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah I hope they get me a good version of the 670, since they charge $472 dollars for it... I'm not really counting on it though. Maybe I should have just gotten that myself lol, I don't think they're that hard to install.

They seem to kind of hit you on the upgrades actually... small stuff seems to cost the same as in stores, but I'm paying $20 extra for the processor and $10 extra for the motherboard.

The case looked pretty sweet, extremely well ventilated and has 5 fans. Didn't cost too much extra either.. And I'll definitely want wifi, I can't drill a hole in my wall here to get a direct link.

EDIT: Yeah they're just giving me this version: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130782&Tpk=EVGA%2002G-P4-2670-KR

So they're overcharging the shit out of the graphics cards. But oh well, the 5% overall discount cancels it out. If my numbers are right the service only costed me somewhere between $100-$150. Definitely worth not having myself break it upon construction.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum