HydrasBreath ♜
Patrick Star
JrTapia1991
Artimise Flare
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So I knew reactive armor reduced damage, I didnt k kw it outright negated it on whatever side it was hit on. Further more I didn't know the IFV armor piercing rounds ignored the armor.

Repairing the armor plates apparently requires the tank to be at 100% plus a little bit more repair time on each respective side of the vehicle I which the armor was destroyed.

Cool Very Happy good thing to know

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I never knew that either >:0

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

On your HUD it also shows what sides you have armor still too, it's represented by a set of additional lines surrounding the sillohuette of the tanks turret.

MBT have armor on the sides and rear while IFV' and AA guns have it on all sides. Cool stuff Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Huh, armor piercing rounds for iFV' apparently not only tear through reactive armor, ultimately ignoring it, but also blind the enemy driver. Further more, like the canister shell, it's completely independent of the main cannon, meaning you can fire a salvo of HE rounds and then switch to the AP rounds and so on an so forth.

Cool Very Happy

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

I knew this. But i didn't know about the armor showing up on your hud. Cool stuff Thumbs up

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Also if you have a buddy you trust with you and you want to get your reactive repaired hassle free both of you get out of the tank then have your buddy jump in the driver seat...this should "reset" all the tank perks then you can hop in the drivers seat again and you'll have instant full reactive.

I wouldn't advise doing this during a fight though haha. Best to do it out of the way somewhere.

Also I don't know if you know but you can kind of "stack" certain tank perks that will stay even if the people who had them get out.

Let's say you've got reactive in your first slot and a buddy jumps in your tank with proxy now you have both...but if he gets out and takes off you'll keep the proxy for as long as you stay in the tank. I believe you can also stack thermal camo on top of all that so you could potentially be running around with RA Proxy and TC if you have enough people jump in and out of your tank.

It's very helpful if you're playing with friends but they don't want to gun for you. Makes going solo/with a randy gunner more survivable.

Shinma

Shinma

You guys... you guys are silly...

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I knew this actually. But I like to spend a good bit of time in the tank Cool

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

HydrasBreath wrote:Also if you have a buddy you trust with you and you want to get your reactive repaired hassle free both of you get out of the tank then have your buddy jump in the driver seat...this should "reset" all the tank perks then you can hop in the drivers seat again and you'll have instant full reactive.

I wouldn't advise doing this during a fight though haha. Best to do it out of the way somewhere.

Also I don't know if you know but you can kind of "stack" certain tank perks that will stay even if the people who had them get out.

Let's say you've got reactive in your first slot and a buddy jumps in your tank with proxy now you have both...but if he gets out and takes off you'll keep the proxy for as long as you stay in the tank. I believe you can also stack thermal camo on top of all that so you could potentially be running around with RA Proxy and TC if you have enough people jump in and out of your tank.

It's very helpful if you're playing with friends but they don't want to gun for you. Makes going solo/with a randy gunner more survivable.

They fixed the Proxy bug, you lose it if your repair slave jumps out.

Another little thing that is incredibly helpful is that the side of the tank you get out on is dependent on where you are looking, i.e., if you're looking behind of the tank, you come out on the rear end.

Helpful for repair slaves that don't want to die immediately upon exiting and get yelled at by me.

chunckylover53

MEGA MILK wrote:
Helpful for repair slaves that don't want to die immediately upon exiting and get yelled at by me.

fuk u

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

chunckylover53 wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:

fuk u

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS REPAIR THE DAMN TANK, GILLY!

Zillah

Zillah

havent played this game in nearly a month, im going to get on...

EDIT: nvm, another night.....

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Zillah wrote:havent played this game in nearly a month, im going to get on...

I'll be on...shit, not until around midnight probably.

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah it's the school year again, I won't be on much past 11:30 during the week

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I think I learned about this from Milk and Toast. Some time back.

Zillah

Zillah

yeah ive known these things since launch... *shrug*

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Zillah wrote:yeah ive known these things since launch... *shrug*

Me and Grey had a field day when he got guided shells and I had a SOFLAM. So much trouble setting it up, so much joy when we realized we could hit choppers with tanks shells. This was before everyone and their mom used ECM.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Funny thing is, I don't go tanker as much in this as I did back in BC2, probably because, for the most part, I don't have friends who are dedicated armor runners.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

MEGA MILK wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:Also if you have a buddy you trust with you and you want to get your reactive repaired hassle free both of you get out of the tank then have your buddy jump in the driver seat...this should "reset" all the tank perks then you can hop in the drivers seat again and you'll have instant full reactive.

They fixed the Proxy bug, you lose it if your repair slave jumps out.

Another little thing that is incredibly helpful is that the side of the tank you get out on is dependent on where you are looking, i.e., if you're looking behind of the tank, you come out on the rear end.

oh did they? haha goes to show how long I haven't played BF3 Razz

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Funny thing is, I don't go tanker as much in this as I did back in BC2, probably because, for the most part, I don't have friends who are dedicated armor runners.

I'm pretty much a dedicated tanker...when I get bf3 on PC we can team up and be a badass tank crew if you want. I'd probably want to just be the gunner/repair slave for awhile to start off to get a feel for the increased player count and how things go on PC.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It's pretty crazy on the 64 player maps. Unless you have good air cover, you'll get dominated by the jets or helicopters. A lot of engineers running around, and with the glitch that has friendly soflam' locking onto you going on (not sure if this is fixed) it can be very annoying. To be a tanker. Still, even of you don't last as long in a tank (despite being careful) in most cases, If you have infantry support you usually can make a pretty good impact, so long as you don't out pace the infantry. If my one friend jumps on tonight I'll see if I can make a video of us running tanker.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

MH wrote:
Zillah wrote:yeah ive known these things since launch... *shrug*

Me and Grey had a field day when he got guided shells and I had a SOFLAM. So much trouble setting it up, so much joy when we realized we could hit choppers with tanks shells. This was before everyone and their mom used ECM.

Were you there when he shot down a Venom with 5 or 6 people in it and they all died?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum