Shinma
StormEye
Khfan60
JrTapia1991
Chewy
Captain Pirate Pineapple
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sym is the biggest PC fanboy Empty Sym is the biggest PC fanboy 2012-08-28, 17:27

They review CS GO but dont include the PC version? scratch

What a joke....lets only review the console version which are gonna be ass compared to where CS should be played.

Edit- Whoops

Last edited by Mr. Lundegaard on 2012-08-29, 17:34; edited 2 times in total

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Don't know exactly what you're talking bout, but yes, most game review sites and magazines are console lovers.

Chewy

Chewy

Well to be fair, the only differences at the moment are the lack of custom maps, which would be disregarded in any review really, and the controls. Graphically they should be about the same I would think, it doesn't take much to run despite how good it looks.

But why focus on the console versions on a PC game?

They don't even mention the PC version, like it doesn't exist.

And Kalei- this is a heavily PC focused game, where the PC version is undeniably the best version. And IGN acts like it doesn't exist.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah pretty much all review places ignore the PC now that I'm thinking of it,don't ever remember them spot lighting pc stuff, but the consoles are where all their money is made I guess because all of the casual kids on I guess

I dont usually go to IGN but I clicked a link from another site I frequent.

Khfan60

Khfan60

You can't spell ignorance without IGN...

StormEye

StormEye

Sym is the biggest PC fanboy 02avi_000911291

Thats just atrocious...

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Khfan60 wrote:You can't spell ignorance without IGN...

Shinma

Shinma

I didn't even know it had a console version.

Zillah

Zillah

affraid

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

I don't mean to come across as rude, but did you actually read the review? Here's a quote:

If you have the option, playing the PC version is unquestionably the best way to experience Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Mods, mouse and keyboard, and the usual PC-only options are better than the ports. Plus, Valve is much better about long-term PC support -- it abandoned Team Fortress 2 on consoles, and Portal 2's level editor was PC exclusive. If you prefer to play on consoles, Global Offensive is the same great game, with the following special bits:

PlayStation 3
For those who want to play on PlayStation 3 but don’t want to deal with the imprecision of analog sticks, Counter-Strike: GO supports mouse and keyboard, giving it a pretty noticeable edge over the Xbox 360 version. If you’re feeling saucy, Move is another option, although nuance dies with the motion controller. Move is accurate, and your quick reflexes will score kills, but the unavoidable instability of holding a remote will give your cursor some seriously unpleasant wobble. Worse, moving the wand quickly can confuse the controller, which often and irritatingly misinterprets basic left/right looks as a want to turn around 180 degrees.

Xbox 360
Aside from the lack of keyboard/mouse input, the Xbox 360 version of Global Offensive is functionally identical to that on PS3 -- the new radial user-interface on both platforms is as elegant as it is on PC. Because it’s a hardcore competitive game, Counter-Strike blocks party chat in an effort to combat cheating, forcing players with headsets to play with friends or brave the Wild West of obscenity that is Xbox Live.

They basically say the same in the video review.

I don't give too much of a crap about IGN these days, but.....I don't see where the problem is here?

Holy Hell I totally missed that paragraph. Embarassed

Close this thread, blow it the hell up lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

It's ok Sym we're metal musicians...we no need read good Razz

True

But I feel like an idiot. I read that review twice before making this thread. I dont know how the hell I missed it.

< Jumped the gun

But will not apologize to IGN

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ignore all the evidence and carry on with your irrational argument!

Frostbyrn wrote:Ignore all the evidence and carry on with your irrational argument!

Who needs facts?

Down with IGN!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

AMERICA!

Robots owned me

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Robots are stupid

Im pretty sure Metal is on his way to your house with his Beretta

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Good luck with that

Considering your ridiculous airport security they would take one look at his insides and call the bomb squad

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Hahah - sorry Sym Laughing

StormEye

StormEye

Well, I guess I will have to point my "shame on you" to Sym...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Sym is the biggest PC fanboy Shame-on-you

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

And so ends another classic episode of "What Happens When You Make Threads Before Doing The Research".

Zillah

Zillah

I think the title should be "sym is the biggest pc fanboy"

....just sayin

I am a PC fanboy, but hardly the biggest. Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

On SeC, you're the biggest PC fanboy Smile

Maybe....I dunno though. We got some others in the same zipcode.

At least I can admit it right? lmao

StormEye

StormEye

I was PC master race starting from my competition days.

It goes far back.

Master Race!

I actually dont like that term, sounds elitist as hell.

Ive turned this thread from and IGN bash fest to a make fun of Sym thread!

Good times.

StormEye

StormEye

Bah~

To hardcore console fans, no matter how objective you can be about why PC is better than consoles, you will always be elitist.

StormEye wrote:Bah~

To hardcore console fans, no matter how objective you can be about why PC is better than consoles, you will always be elitist.

True

I still have friends that play on consoles( just a few )

And they are so blinded its actually kind of annoying TBH

There are so many misconceptions and negative stigmas about PC's, and those people cling to them, no matter how much evidence is there to prove otherwise.

The only reason I played console this gen for a few years was because I got a good deal, and didn't have the money to build a new rig. Granted, I never built my own until last year. Had alot of good times on BC2.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You dont like it because it sounds Elitist?

Not the fact that its basically calling someone a Nazi?

Also I would say Manila is the biggest fanboy

Although Storm comes pretty close

Storm:
Sym is the biggest PC fanboy DBF1928_penguin_figurine_fan

StormEye

StormEye

Sym is the biggest PC fanboy Konachancom-760727blue_eyesblue_haircomputerdrinkheadbandmadobe_nanamimicrosoftos-tanshort_hairwindows

You damn console peasants!!!!!!!!!!

StormEye

StormEye

Isn't that closer to Feudalism?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lord Frostington of Blackwall

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum