The Adli Corporation
Chewy
HydrasBreath ♜
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I don't know if this has ever been done around here (I don't remember a thread like this) but yeah pretty much what the title says.

What's the first game you ever got your dirty little child like hands on?

For me (my memory is slightly fuzzy) I believe it was Super Mario Bros 3 on NES at my uncle's when I was 3 years old. It might have been Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest) 1 though. Not 100%.

But yeah what game started your guys' journey?

Chewy

Chewy

5 a Day Adventures.

Shit was dope.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im not sure.

Fury 3? i think i still have that game, it was pretty fun when i was a lot younger. im not sure if i would replay it now though, i want my nostalgia intact XD

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lylat wars Very Happy

Actually we had a couple of sega systems before that and I remember Heli Assault and Flicky and such

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

It was either Legend of Zelda (NES) or the original Mario bros (NES)

*sigh* I was such a young innocent gamer

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Lucky wrote:It was either Legend of Zelda (NES) or the original Mario bros (NES)

*sigh* I was such a young innocent gamer

haha yeah I remember those days. Not really knowing the difference between a good game and a bad one...just being happy to have one to play.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Sly Cooper

Still play it and the sequels from time to time. Good series.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah lately I've been going back and playing lots of stuff on my emulators. I got some adapters that take NES and SNES connections and make them USB so I can use legit controllers to play the games.

so much nostalgia...so much awesome.

Pariah

Pariah

Vice City.

went over to a friends house, played it, still want it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:Vice City.

God that makes me feel old Razz good game though.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

One of the few reasons I have an emulator is for Earthbound for SNES. Probably my favorite game ever.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

HydrasBreath wrote:
Pariah wrote:Vice City.

God that makes me feel old Razz good game though.

quoted for truth

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

There's an english patch for the Earthbound sequel on GBA as well,although I have yet to even play either...my backlog sucks

my first was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis from some pawn shop,then it was like Sonic 2 or 3 where you had the partner,then Power Rangers the Movie game XD

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

@Terry

For me it's got to be Chrono Trigger...if all else fails I know I'll always have fun with Chrono Trigger. I'm also quite fond of Megaman X/X2.

But there's tons of games I still play on NES and SNES.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Twisted Metal.

Explains a lot, really.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Chrono Trigger is #2 for me. A very close #2 though....... Maybe its #1 its too close to tell Very Happy

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

As far as i can remember i think it was GTA 3

Holy hell you guys make me feel old

My first game was Space Invaders on the Atari

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Wait actually i think it was spyro with my older cousin on the ps2 What's the first game you ever played? LegendofSpyro_cover_PS2
Or the Grinch who stole Christmas game
Or Or tony hawks pro skater(1) on the ps1

Last edited by Camel on 2012-09-19, 19:26; edited 1 time in total

chunckylover53

I really can't recall.. I know my first PC game was starcraft at the age of 7.

We had a NES, PS, N64. I think it might've been a link to the past on NES or that super mario bros collection (had a bunch of mario games on it)

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

chunckylover53 wrote:I really can't recall.. I know my first PC game was starcraft at the age of 7.

We had a NES, PS, N64. I think it might've been a link to the past on NES or that super mario bros collection (had a bunch of mario games on it)

I think you're talking about a SNES. A Link to the Past and Super Mario All-Stars are not NES titles.

chunckylover53

Yeah that thing

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Holy hell you guys make me feel old

My first game was Space Invaders on the Atari

Nice! I discovered an old dusty Atari 2600 in my grandparents basement along with some games. Space Invaders was one of them. I was like..."Score!". They also had a Pac-Man cart.

I think this was around the PS2 days. So quite some time ago.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Lucky wrote:Chrono Trigger is #2 for me. A very close #2 though....... Maybe its #1 its too close to tell Very Happy

Haha yeah I hear that. Strangely enough I never really got into Earthbound. I know it's a legendary game but for some reason it doesn't click with me. I don't know I'll have to give it another shot one of these days.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

>__> I've still never even played Link to the past.shame on me

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

JrTapia1991 wrote:>__> I've still never even played Link to the past.shame on me

SAYYY WHHHAAATTT!!

Jr. stop playing fucking borderlands and get that shit done son. LttP might be the best zelda game ever. Its #2 on my list.

BTW I don't know if I've ever been closer to giving neg cred in my life Jr. lol

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Lucky wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:>__> I've still never even played Link to the past.shame on me

SAYYY WHHHAAATTT!!

Jr. stop playing fucking borderlands and get that shit done son. LttP might be the best zelda game ever. Its #2 on my list.

BTW I don't know if I've ever been closer to giving neg cred in my life Jr. lol

haha yeah seriously...LttP is my #1 Zelda game. Nothing like a good old top down Zelda game and Lttp is fucking epic!

I think giving neg cred would be going a bit far though haha. It's not his fault he was deprived of the awesome that is LttP.

Last edited by HydrasBreath on 2012-09-19, 21:34; edited 1 time in total

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Spoiler:

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

MEGA MILK wrote:
Spoiler:
aye, neither any FF games. The closest i've come is super smash.

Chewy

Chewy

The fuck is wrong with you two?

I've actually never finished LttP myself. Played a few hundred hours of Graal online which is like the same thing so I was a little burned out on the gameplay by the time I got to it.

chunckylover53

Camel wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:
Spoiler:
aye, neither any FF games. The closest i've come is super smash.

You need to play final fantasy tactics Camel..

Pariah

Pariah

Yeah, there's no such thing as Legend of Zelda in Serbia. Or Final Fantasy...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I don't really remember, but it was from a company called Humungous Games. Putt Putt and Fatty Bear I think were my very first video games I ever played and they ran on MS DOS back in the day. Damn, now I feel old.

Chewy

Chewy

I remember playing DOS games...

Played from a Mac before I had that computer though.

StormEye

StormEye

Tetris I believe.

Some of your posts make me feel so darn old...

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Chewy wrote:The fuck is wrong with you two?

I've actually never finished LttP myself. Played a few hundred hours of Graal online which is like the same thing so I was a little burned out on the gameplay by the time I got to it.

How far into it did you get?

Chewy

Chewy

HydrasBreath wrote:

I dunno, at least past the first cave. Not really all that far though. Was a really long time ago so I don't remember where I stopped exactly.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I still remember when the games used to fit on one or several of these.

What's the first game you ever played? 01

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Chewy wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

I dunno, at least past the first cave. Not really all that far though. Was a really long time ago so I don't remember where I stopped exactly.

ah well in that case do yourself a favor and give it another whirl...it's a very, very good game.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:I still remember when the games used to fit on one or several of these.

yeah I remember those too...still have some in my closet actually.

StormEye

StormEye

Artimise Flare wrote:I still remember when the games used to fit on one or several of these.

I had a

What's the first game you ever played? HD720p1280x720by_01avi_000360233

moment when I realized that some computers in our family business's factory used floppy, and I needed to fix it...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, my mom graduated from DEVRY and did tech support, so I grew up with computers and along with my dad whom was an auto mechanic, I also grew up learning how to do some very basic maintenance on cars. Something good to know since trying to fix either can get very expensive.

StormEye

StormEye

Gah~

That reminds me that its almost 3 month check up for my car.

it was probably some arcade game at Chuck E Cheese. The first one I actually remember is pokemon blue on gameboy color.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Anyone remember Sega and their ill fated Game Gear as well as the first online gaming service that they introduced in the what, mid 90's? Good times. The Sega Game brick burned through batteries faster than Paris Hilton does fuck buddies.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Anyone remember Sega and their ill fated Game Gear as well as the first online gaming service that they introduced in the what, mid 90's? Good times. The Sega Game brick burned through batteries faster than Paris Hilton does fuck buddies.

Yeah I remember both of those. One of my best friends had a game gear. I remember thinking it was so cool cause it was in color. All I had at the time was the original big ass Gameboy.

And yeah the Dreamcast was the first console to introduce an online component. That system was ahead of it's time.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Game gear had comperable graphics to the Sega Genesis at the time, that's quite a feat given the technology of the era.

Sega was always ahead of its time sadly, it's what spelled their doom as a console producer I think. If they had waited a few more years, they would have given Sony and Nintendo a good run for their money in the console wars. Makes you think of what it would have been like now if they did participate in the consoles back then and now.

> misses Sega

grader

grader

A couple of the oldest I can remember are Seaquest and Jungle Hunt on Atari.

Ante

Ante

Commander Keen is one of the earliest I remember. That and Mario Golf.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum