Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Fantasy XIV gets a 4/10 from Gamespot.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/finalfantasy14/review.html

Final Fantasy XIV gets a 4/10 from Gamespot. 32911

Last edited by Higurashi on 2010-10-08, 17:18; edited 1 time in total

StormEye

StormEye

Ever since Square Soft became Square Enix, they were getting worse and worse...

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I've not pl;ayed a FF game since 7

Finally, somebody reviewed a Final Fantasy game right....

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

I forgot to specify that it was Final Fantasy XIV

Any game series with the word "Final" in the title, with 14 games is a little questionable to me.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Final Fantasy for NES. Now those where good gaming days!

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

DrBob276 wrote:Any game series with the word "Final" in the title, with 14 games is a little questionable to me.

Not to mention all of the spin offs.

The only FF game I have played was the remake of the first one for the PSP. I enjoyed it, but it got boring doing the same thing over and over with no story, though I shouldn't have expected it be any more than that.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

the ones for the SNES were sweet

TerryMay wrote:the ones for the SNES were sweet

Agreed. My favorites. FF7 was badass too.

StormEye

StormEye

Probably most, if not all, FF players would agree that FFVII is one of top 3 FF created so far.

I still have not played FFXIII since I got so pissed that Square Enix compromised their promise of dual language support for PS3 version. I still have my FFXIII, which I got it pre-ordered, in shrink wrap sitting among my game collection.

And I still have not gotten around to ordering Japanese / Korean version yet.

Is the game better in it's original language (voice actor wise, I guess), or just a personal preference (it would make sense to want to play a game in a language that you're more comfortable which, such as one that is/close to your native language). Your English is really good, so I guess it's not a matter of trying to understand what they're saying.

StormEye

StormEye

I hate English voice actors in most games, that are originally made in another language. Metal Gear series probably is one of very few that I would be content with.

My English is CLOSE second language, Korean being my mother-tongue.

If anything I understand Japanese less than English, so it is not the matter of understanding'ness.

I was spot on then! Very Happy But yes, I could imagine that hearing a game with the original voice actors is probably better.

StormEye

StormEye

I tried playing FFX English version, after playing Japanese version, I was angry as heck at some of the voice casting. Especially Yuna (heroin of the game) sounding completely off character compared to what Japanese voice actor portrayed her as (originally intended by director of the game).

That would probably anger me as well, much as how they mess up characters from books in movies. Kinda like in Jurassic Park, how the old man is a complete asshole in the book, but in the movie, he's this cheery, old guy who loves his grandchildren

Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

LoL

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Spoiler:

That was both in the book and the movie though. :/

Higurashi wrote:
Spoiler:

NOOOOO!

Crimson Exitus

Crimson Exitus

I guess I'm the only one who slightly enjoyed my short time with FFXI.

Gametrailers gave FFXIV a 4.2/10 IIRC.

Still even if it was a spin off I did really enjoy the co-operative feature of Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube. The DS versions were meh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum