Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Elder Scrolls Online [Alpha] review (OMFGCATA, aka Jesse Cox)

+4
Ante
HydrasBreath ♜
Pariah
The Adli Corporation
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SLp0ykvotEI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bear in mind this is in Alpha.

This guy annoys the hell out of me lmao

Pariah

Pariah

not gonna lie, this sounds pretty interesting.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

if I were to ever start playing an mmo this would probably be it. Looks pretty cool.

Ante

Ante

potential

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it looks cool but doesn't it have a monthly fee?That would kill it for me...I'd rather play the no fee guild wars 2

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

it does look good, but i might prefer the single-cost model, ala Guild Wars 2. makes it easier to take a break from a game (for me, caused by Torchlight and Planetside 2) and pop back a few weeks later with no 'wasted money' as it were.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

fuck...yeah I forgot about subscription fees...yeah I'd never play a game that had that payment model. Screw that noise.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

if I have to pay from month to month I would have to be sure that whatever game I'm paying for is the only game I am playing at the time.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Lucky wrote:if I have to pay from month to month I would have to be sure that whatever game I'm paying for is the only game I am playing at the time.

exactly. i play too many games to justify a subscription to just one Smile maybe ill subscribe to Planetside 2 when it releases if its in a really polished state Razz

PS2 wont have a monthly fee

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:PS2 wont have a monthly fee

you can choose to subscribe, getting station cash and a few boosters each month and i think server queue priority Smile

everyone else can still play for free if they want, or only play a certain amount for certain items if they dont need 4000 cash per month Razz

there is a subscription available, but it isnt mandatory in any way.

WTF?

SOE was adamant months ago there wasn't going to be any monthly fee?

Screw that

I realize its optional but how bout we just segregated the community. Stupid choice IMO.

Probably wont be playing this game anymore, doesnt even work due to stupid SOE glitch. Fuck SOE.

Ante

Ante

I don't see how the optional subscription service would segregate the PS2 community.

I'm assuming ESO will be using the standard MMO fare of $15/mo. Not exactly bank breaking. If the game's good I'll play it.

The game was originally supposed to be totally F2P

I just read about this fee and its going to give extra perks, cash and other gameplay bonuses. That sounds like an advantage to me, not to mention the server priority.

It really rubs me the wrong way as Ive been looking forward to this game for so long now, and this combined with the fact the game still doesn't work on my PC due to a "glitch" has left a bad taste in my mouth. I went through SOE support and they were no help, and basically told me im SOL until a future update that MAY fix the problem.

Grrrr

This just screams money grab to me. SOE was totally against this idea in the beginning, and even promising that the only money required would be in cosmetic items. Now they have an "optional" monthly service? Weak.

Just my two cents, been following this game for ages and this is exactly the sort of thing they promised they wouldn't do.

Ante

Ante

This isn't exactly new Sym... boosters have been in the game since its inception. You can either buy them with Station Cash (real money) or cert points ( http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Certification_Points .) Also, the boosters are the same whether or not you buy them with Station Cash. You get nothing unique or more powerful using it.

All that sub service does is give you a boatload of cash to blow on boosters every month, and I doubt queue priority will ever be an issue. No one's going to be running around the battlefield blasting everyone away because they spent $100 to go godmode.

Last edited by Ante on 2012-10-25, 23:20; edited 1 time in total

I hope not....

Im still pissed that I cant even play the beta even though Ive had access for over a month. And SOE customer service was a total joke, so maybe that is tainting my POV right now. I dunno.

I see what your saying though.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sym wrote:This guy annoys the hell out of me lmao

Yeah, I had to stop watching it. I wanted to punch him in the face less than a minute in.

Metalzoic wrote:

Yeah, I had to stop watching it. I wanted to punch him in the face less than a minute in.

He does have a very punch-able face....

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sym wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

He does have a very punch-able face....

For some reason that really made me laugh! Laughing

Some people have faces that you just want to punch....you know?

At least that happens to me

Does that make me a bad person?

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Sym wrote:Some people have faces that you just want to punch....you know?

No, it makes you a violent sociopath.

MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:Some people have faces that you just want to punch....you know?

No, it makes you a violent sociopath.

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum