Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So did anyone else get in the Elder Scrolls Online beta?

+9
Duck
RStudios
Artimise Flare
menacinglemon
Dropped Da Soap
JrTapia1991
Ante
HydrasBreath ♜
Pariah
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pariah

Pariah

topic

Strange.....I literally just opened the email.....

Only 3 days though

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

nope

Ante

Ante

Yep, a bunch of my friends did as well. Sounds like a stress test.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

HydrasBreath wrote:nope

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Nope.

almost all my friends did though Sad

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

yeah they are doing stress tests I believe

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'll wait and see what the community says, ToR was okay, though you burned through the content very quickly, and I've been on hiatus from GW2 for a long while now.

Not sure what it is, maybe I've burned out on MMORPG's at the moment. Is ESO a subscription based game or is it F2P with MT's?

Its sub based

MMO;s are usually not my thing....

But thing one shows promise to me

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Hmmm...don't know if I'd want to get back into a subscription based MMO or not. The last one I played was WoW, and I hate feeling obligated to play just to get my moneys worth each month.

I'll hold judgement until I've actually seen what the game can do, though I'm certainly interested.

Yea Ill play the beta on this weekend and let you know how it is

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sym wrote:Yea Ill play the beta on this weekend and let you know how it is
Awesome, look forward to what you have to say about the game Smile

I hope its not just Wowderscrolls

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, yeah, the game looks pretty enough though, but looks are not enough to make a game good IMO. FFXIV (when it first launched) is a fine example of how crappy a game can be despite looking fairly good (character models were nice, but the world sucked)

IF there is one thing Bethesda can do right its make a world vibrant and exciting

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The cynical side of me foresees that the game will be buggy as all hell gets out, and Bethesda won't give a shit to patch the game. Because we ALL know how good they are in regards to QC with their games. Hell 90% of the bugs that get fixed on the PC version is due to the modding community.

I really love the worlds Bethesda creates. They are usually awesome......

But yea shit is buggy beyond belief

Plus they arent very good at writing stories

FO3 story was a joke...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee" ~ random NPC

If only Bethesda had Obsidian's writers

Ante

Ante

Pretty sure ESO has an entirely different team developing it.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Obsidian did ES:Oblivion right? I actually really enjoyed that game, one of the better titles in the franchise IMHO.

I personally would love to see spears or pole arms in the game, but the technical aspect of it, I can kind of understand why they don't have them in the game. Much harder to animate than say a 2H sword or what have you.

Would also have liked it if you were able to come up behind an enemy (that can be assassinated) with a sword or knife, and it would be an insta kill. Really annoying to sneak up on a guard, back stab him, only to have him turn around and own your face because the damage multipliers were not enough to kill him outright later on.

Damn you all, now you're making me want to play Skyrim

Naw Obsidian did FO NV and the main dude from there(Avellone) was one of the original Fallout devs.

Bethesda has done every Elder scrolls game

Ante

Ante

Artimise Flare wrote:Obsidian did ES:Oblivion right? I actually really enjoyed that game, one of the better titles in the franchise IMHO.

I personally would love to see spears or pole arms in the game, but the technical aspect of it, I can kind of understand why they don't have them in the game. Much harder to animate than say a 2H sword or what have you.

Would also have liked it if you were able to come up behind an enemy (that can be assassinated) with a sword or knife, and it would be an insta kill. Really annoying to sneak up on a guard, back stab him, only to have him turn around and own your face because the damage multipliers were not enough to kill him outright later on.

Skyrim has assassination animations.

RStudios

Wel FML, I didn't get one, even tho i registered like 12 months ago. But they asked for sys specs, and my comp is a pile of shit, it only just runs oblivion Very Happy

Ante

Ante

RStudios wrote:Wel FML, I didn't get one, even tho i registered like 12 months ago. But they asked for sys specs, and my comp is a pile of shit, it only just runs oblivion Very Happy
I've heard that a lot of game developers look for underpowered PCs when handing out beta keys. Helps them optimize the game.

I got an invite and at the time of registration I had my 580

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ante wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Obsidian did ES:Oblivion right? I actually really enjoyed that game, one of the better titles in the franchise IMHO.

Skyrim has assassination animations.
They do, but you have to kill the NPC outright with the first attack in order to get that assassination animation. Problem is, stock stats won't allow this even later in the game.

If you buff the stats via mods, the dagger becomes ridiculously OP depending on how you do it.

Would also have liked a better means to actually dodge and parry enemy attacks other than being forced to use a shield all the time.

Would give more incentive to use something like dual daggers or perhaps a short sword and a dagger off hand.

As it is now, trying to be the sneaky stealth assassin is pretty difficult without some heavy modding.

RStudios

Ante wrote:
I've heard that a lot of game developers look for underpowered PCs when handing out beta keys. Helps them optimize the game.
Yeah, I built this one like 8 years ago Very Happy

Again you need to upgrade

RStudios

Sym wrote:Again you need to upgrade
I know, and I wish.

This comp is my income source too lmao, but I have more important shit to spend money on than a comp.

Also I have a problem, I wont go buy a £400 comp (which would prolly own mine) I wouldnt settle for anything less than 3x that lol

Dude we could throw you together a build for 650-750 that would crush what you have now

Duck

Duck

i wanted an invite. Ive been super into elder scrolls lately. im playing oblivion with like 20 mods right now.

I never had to tell them my system specs though.

Duck

Duck

One o y'all needs to record some stuff and share it. Unlisted YouTube video or something.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Duck wrote:One o y'all needs to record some stuff and share it. Unlisted YouTube video or something.
someone did that a while ago, blocking out the account name and all that. inevitably it leaked and got taken down.

unlisted stuff doesnt stop search engines finding this topic and people finding the unlisted video then sowing it to news sites. even if it was in the sec hideout it would probably still leak.

Duck

Duck

Pm people? Or we will replace ESO with the code word "nickel back amv compilation"

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Duck wrote:Pm people? Or we will replace ESO with the code word "nickel back amv compilation"
fucking genius.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Duck wrote:Pm people? Or we will replace ESO with the code word "nickel back amv compilation"

hahaha, that was great.

What you guys dont like Nicelbacjk?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

double threat.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I kinda want to get it when it comes out, then again I'm really not into the whole subscription thing....bleh lol

Tom

Sym wrote:I got an invite and at the time of registration I had my 580
Yeah I had a 560 ti.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum