Chewy
Patrick Star
menacinglemon
StormEye
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

Total Gaming Network wrote:<div class="article cms_clear restore postcontainer">A few days ago, it was revealed that DICE would be implementing a command line switch for <i>Battlefield 3</i> that would allow players to safely disable the game's color grading. This came a bit after other solutions were discovered by the community that not only made the game look absolutely gorgeous and not washed out, but also resulted in a large number of server kicks being dished out for modifying game files.<br />
<br />
Well, as it turns out, DICE has gone back on their stance and will not be including this feature in the next, or any, patch.<br />
<br />
<h5>Mikael Kalms, an employee at DICE, made this official remark on the Mordor HQ forums</h5><div style="margin-left:40px">After discussing this further with my colleagues, we have decided to not implement this feature. This is the studio’s take on this matter, and I support this decision:<br />
<br />
"As a studio, it is extremely important for us at DICE to have a unique identity in our games, not only from a gameplay perspective, but visually as well. While we appreciate that some players might want a slightly different look to the game, we are proud of the visual identity of Battlefield 3 and do not wish to change it."</div><br />
If that isn't a huge kick to the pants, I don't know what is.<br />

http://totalgamingnetwork.com/content.php?234-DICE-Reneges-on-Disabling-Color-Grading-Issue-in-Next-Battlefield-3-Patch

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

good for them. They made the game that way for a reason. Why change it.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Good for them? I paid 60$ for half a game and i want the game to look like* whatever i want it to look like and that is not through some unnecessary filer.

Chewy

Chewy

Wow...

That's cold DICE.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Camel wrote:Good for them? I paid 60$ for half a game and i want the game to look like* whatever i want it to look like and that is not through some unnecessary filer.

Sooo.... umadbro?

But seriously They made a decision and to go back on it (year after the game is made) for the people who can't stand a dirty look, because they want a pretty game to look at while they shoot things, is just bad, YOU MAKE A DECISION STICK WITH IT. Half a game really? Campaign was good. The co-op mode could have had more missions. Multiplayer was fun and if you played it for as long as everyone else has...you have no right to say it is half a game.

again....

Should I pick up some tampons while I am at the supermarket or do you still have some?

Chewy

Chewy

What is bad about changing a decision?

And this isn't even really removing their preference for the visual look, it's giving users more option. They would only be adding additional features here.

They're going against integrity here either way here since they've already stated they were going to change things. I'd rather them go against artistic integrity over the integrity of their word.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

menacinglemon wrote:
Camel wrote:Good for them? I paid 60$ for half a game and i want the game to look like* whatever i want it to look like and that is not through some unnecessary filer.

Sooo.... umadbro?

But seriously They made a decision and to go back on it (year after the game is made) for the people who can't stand a dirty look, because they want a pretty game to look at while they shoot things, is just bad, YOU MAKE A DECISION STICK WITH IT. Half a game really? Campaign was good. The co-op mode could have had more missions. Multiplayer was fun and if you played it for as long as everyone else has...you have no right to say it is half a game.

again....

Should I pick up some tampons while I am at the supermarket or do you still have some?

I am quite mad actually. Campaign was alright, more of a CoD rip off. Half a game because they release multiple DLCs after the game is released(shallow i know, most games do it) but most of these DLCs were flops and plus all the glitches that happen upon a new patch (M26 MASS, frag rounds) and once they have fixed them the weapons ar epretty much useless with the exception of the FAMAS, barely. I have a right to be mad as a consumer.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm glad that we are allowed to have the freedom to play the game as the studio heads intend.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Chewy wrote:What is bad about changing a decision?

And this isn't even really removing their preference for the visual look, it's giving users more option. They would only be adding additional features here.

They're going against integrity here either way here since they've already stated they were going to change things. I'd rather them go against artistic integrity over the integrity of their word.

I am just arguing for shits and giggles...but to say it was only half game is stupid. People complain about a lot these days ... granted there are few games that extremely bad and should not have been made.

But did you know that Moammar Ghaddafi was the richest living man in the world when he was alive... $200USD Billion in his possession...fucked up.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

wish we could get oil stipend checks like his citizens got

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Camel wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:

Sooo.... umadbro?

again....

I am quite mad actually. Campaign was alright, more of a CoD rip off. Half a game because they release multiple DLCs after the game is released(shallow i know, most games do it) but most of these DLCs were flops and plus all the glitches that happen upon a new patch (M26 MASS, frag rounds) and once they have fixed them the weapons ar epretty much useless with the exception of the FAMAS, barely. I have a right to be mad as a consumer.

Name a game that has no glitches or problems. And the dlc was released for fresh content...

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

menacinglemon wrote:
Camel wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:

Sooo.... umadbro?

again....

Name a game that has no glitches or problems. And the dlc was released for fresh content...

DAMN IT LEMON LET ME HAVE MY BIASED OPINION

I suppose saying half a game was a bit of an exaggeration but i was unsatisfied with the finished product.

The SP was horrid!

I dont know which game you played, but my god besides the amazing graphics ( PC ) its sucked donkey balls.

StormEye

StormEye

SP was Frostbite demo.

StormEye wrote:SP was Frostbite demo.

Pretty much.

It was honestly worse than modern day COD. Probably the most linear game Ive ever played, and soooo heavily scripted. Blah

Pariah

Pariah

Dice is now trying to compete with Valve and Gearbox for the title of Troll-Kings of Videogameland.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Camel wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:
Camel wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:

Sooo.... umadbro?

again....

DAMN IT LEMON LET ME HAVE MY BIASED OPINION

I suppose saying half a game was a bit of an exaggeration but i was unsatisfied with the finished product.

That is more appropriate of a statement.

Also sym it was good...scripted events are apart of games like these.

Good to you maybe

I thought it was terrible

True story

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I never even put in the story disc yet....I heard it sucks >__>

Ante

Ante

i enjoyed the campaign...

Crying or Very sad

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Campaign wasnt bad but CoD always has better Campaigns IMO

Wish they had actually let us fly the jet

Also "Unique visual identity"? You mean gritty washed out bullshit? Many games have that visual identity

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ugh.

the SP was really dull. linear and scripted out the ass. i thought BC2's campaign was bad compared to that of BC1, but BF3 takes the piss. as Sym said, it was basically a tech demo.

if there was a choice between sacrificing a little of your game 'vision' or losing a lot of consumer faith by fucking around with promised updates... i'd take the former.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Uninspired is the word that comes to mind when I think of the campaign. I wasn't surprised, though, considering how butchered BC2's campaign was compared to BC1's.

The multiplayer is fundamentally great, but there are some...issues. Map design is not particularly good, attachments are still unbalanced, M16 n general, Stiglas, etc. I was still able to play it for 550 or hours and love it, but I can totally understand why some people can't stand it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum