Metalzoic
Zillah
Patrick Star
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/marijuana-legalization-results_n_2074168.html
Colorado is winning the vote by 6% and Washington by 11%.
Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of prohibition.
Its going to be interesting seeing what industries pop up from this.

I might just move to Washington then

Zillah

Zillah

dude, weed

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm cool with this so long as I don't have to smell it.
In fact I say legalize it in all 50 states, but make it a $1000 fine if you smell even the tiniest bit of it.

Wait....you smoke cigs but you think weed smells bad?

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

weed smells horrible...if you say it smells good get your nose checked.

It should be legal, but banned in areas where smoking is bad....and most public places.

Make it at home or in a designated area thing. Cigs and Cigars do not smell as bad.

I have been to Amsterdam a few times and walking down certain areas is just a unbearable smell...but it is only in those places, people do not walk down streets smoking it, they smoke at home or friends places or in the back alleys of Amsterdam where the coffee shops are.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Half my teachers are cops and they believe it should be legal, but limited to where you can smoke it...cigarettes are bad but not a unpleasant smell....considered to weed.

lol

the dank smells majestic

Cigs smell like ass to me

Last edited by Sym on 2012-11-07, 02:11; edited 1 time in total

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

isn't the federal stance that it's still illegal so they can still do bullshit raids and whatnot on dispensaries?

HydrasBreath wrote:isn't the federal stance that it's still illegal so they can still do bullshit raids and whatnot on dispensaries?

Technically I believe so

BUT as long as your following rules they leave you alone

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

dude weed smells so good Very Happy . I hate cigs tho =/

cigars like black and milds smell decent tho

Very Happy who wants to move to CO or WA?

>____> I don't see Tx. legalizing it anytime soon.....they act like it's the end of the world to have a joint here.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

HydrasBreath wrote:isn't the federal stance that it's still illegal so they can still do bullshit raids and whatnot on dispensaries?

Sym he is asking about Canada.

Um it isn't like that.... (a lot to explain...a lot goes into raids and it is hard to explain... false info is sometimes given to the police...go figure. But)

It is in the process of becoming decriminalized which means, that it would fine to smoke it and what not...no criminal record but a fine...so you can get a fine for smoking within 15ft of a bus stop in Ontario....that sort of thing...but a fine for smoking it anywhere.

It will most likely become decriminalized within the next 4 or 5 years I believe.

It is illegal still, but to find places that raids happen on, heat bills are examined etc,...it is a whole lot of stuff...but for example a cop I know found a grow-up because in winter he was walking the beat and saw a house that had no snow around the house itself...the yard and it but within 2ft of the house or so there was no snow....so it was reasonable grounds (got a warrant) and went in. Found like 30 plants or something like that.

They also sometimes find them when going to calls. For example they went with a landlord who wouldnt open a room that was flooded and causing flooding for the firefighters without the police present, so they went in with her and saw a grow-up it was 60 plants.... in the appartment of a law student at Ottawa U...

again a lot info goes into things, sometimes little, sometimes false info is recieved, and sometimes it is just luck...

but hey

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:

Technically I believe so

BUT as long as your following rules they leave you alone

thought I had seen something a few years ago about how some asshole cop in cali kept doing raids there. Maybe things are better now.

At any rate it's cool that you guys are a few steps closer to full legalization.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

menacinglemon wrote:

Sym he is asking about Canada.

Um it isn't like that.... (a lot to explain...a lot goes into raids and it is hard to explain... false info is sometimes given to the police...go figure. But)

It is in the process of becoming decriminalized which means, that it would fine to smoke it and what not...no criminal record but a fine...so you can get a fine for smoking within 15ft of a bus stop in Ontario....that sort of thing...but a fine for smoking it anywhere.

It will most likely become decriminalized within the next 4 or 5 years I believe.

It is illegal still, but to find places that raids happen on, heat bills are examined etc,...it is a whole lot of stuff...but for example a cop I know found a grow-up because in winter he was walking the beat and saw a house that had no snow around the house itself...the yard and it but within 2ft of the house or so there was no snow....so it was reasonable grounds (got a warrant) and went in. Found like 30 plants or something like that.

They also sometimes find them when going to calls. For example they went with a landlord who wouldnt open a room that was flooded and causing flooding for the firefighters without the police present, so they went in with her and saw a grow-up it was 60 plants.... in the appartment of a law student at Ottawa U...

again a lot info goes into things, sometimes little, sometimes false info is recieved, and sometimes it is just luck...

but hey

no I was referring to the laws in the states.

I was under the impression he was asking about US laws since thats what this thread is about....

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

i assumed canada...since he is canadian

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Back to the smell of weed

Its Terrible

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I don't mind the smell of it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Frostbyrn wrote:Back to the smell of weed

Its Terrible

wait...don't you smoke weed frost? The stoners I hang out with usually enjoy the smell.

Frost is a goody goody
Of course he doesnt smoke

StormEye

StormEye

Metalzoic wrote:I'm cool with this so long as I don't have to smell it.

Indeed.

I had neighbour who smoked it frequently and it is VERY obvious.

Sometimes I wished she & he (neighbour was she, but a guy came by once in a while) just did some other drug that was odourless.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:Frost is a goody goody

oh...thought he had mentioned smoking up before. My bad.

But it smells oh so good

StormEye

StormEye

Its definitely a subjective matter.

But I doubt non-mj-smokers would actually enjoy the smell.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:Its definitely a subjective matter.

I actually kind of like it...way better than cigs in my opinion.

StormEye

StormEye

HydrasBreath wrote:
StormEye wrote:Its definitely a subjective matter.

I actually kind of like it...way better than cigs in my opinion.

I don't like either of them.

But mj is not a problem right now for me, as its STRICTLY illegal here. Smoking, however, is too loose. People smoke everywhere in the street (not allowed in interior) and basically blow the smoke in my face all the time.

Why can't I punch them in the face, which has a short term effect, while they are allowed to do permanent damage to me...

Marijuana Legalization in CO and WA Kisssis02avi_001030571

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

cigarettes are plain nasty. rollies, not so bad since its just tobacco, but straights are the fucking devil. so much shit. i wouldn't want to smell that in a chemistry lab, let alone when im walking through town.

MJ smells different depending on the strain your smoking.

Cigs always smell like ass IMO

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

CO her I come!!

Also, I plan to one day set up a tent outside of Metal's house, and exhale toward his open windows...

Chewy

Chewy

The smell is definitely an acquired thing. Smokers like it, non smokers don't.

Good for CA and WA though. Too bad the DEA is still gonna periodically roll through and bust shops.

Step in the right direction either way.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Cannabi for Men anyone?

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

I'm not fond of stoge smell,reminds me of the beach boardwalks over here.Plus my bro smokes. But i do love me dat pungent weed smell.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Nothing like the smell of some potent skunk. It isn't called skunk for nothing...

Zillah

Zillah

Smoke smells a lot better when you're the one smoking.

When does this law go into effect? January 1st?

Duck

Duck

i think being publically smoking is more acceptable than being publically high off your rocker. That's similar to being publically drunk

Chewy

Chewy

Duck wrote:i think being publically smoking is more acceptable than being publically high off your rocker. That's similar to being publically drunk

It's really not similar to being publicly drunk at all. High people are much, much, much less obnoxious.

Pariah

Pariah

I'm fine with the smell of weed. Not a bad smell. But whatever you think, sup to you.

I'm not a smoker, but I am really happy that two states have fully legalized. That was a present surprise.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

HydrasBreath wrote:
Sym wrote:Frost is a goody goody

oh...thought he had mentioned smoking up before. My bad.

Occasionally I do

Doesnt mean I dont think it smells bad though you guys are just in denial or have deadened yourself to the smell

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Chewy wrote:
Duck wrote:i think being publically smoking is more acceptable than being publically high off your rocker. That's similar to being publically drunk

It's really not similar to being publicly drunk at all. High people are much, much, much less obnoxious.

This.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Chewy wrote:It's really not similar to being publicly drunk at all. High people are much, much, much less obnoxious.

generally. you haven't met my friend Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

now I wanna fire up a joint lol.....such a nice sense of euphoria

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:I'm fine with the smell of weed. Not a bad smell. But whatever you think, sup to you.

I'm not a smoker, but I am really happy that two states have fully legalized. That was a present surprise.

fully legalized? damn I thought this was just for medical use.

Props to them then.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yea there's already like quite a few where it's legal for medical use...off the top of my head I know California does.

in Nov. 2010 (I believe) Cali was voting to totally legalize it,etc like Colorado did, I'm EXTREMELY surprised it didn't pass then...

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

yeah for us it's legal but only for medical use.

Will be interesting how the federal government handles this. The law either way will probably end up in the supreme court though.

Chewy

Chewy

Tom wrote:Will be interesting how the federal government handles this. The law either way will probably end up in the supreme court though.

They'll probably handle it the same way they have been handling it in the pseudo legalized counties: randomly busting dispensaries whenever the fuck they feel like it.

Its already legal for medical use where I live

I want full legalization though

Want to be able to grow 45 sativa plants in my backyard

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Zillah wrote:Smoke smells a lot better when you're the one smoking.

When does this law go into effect? January 1st?
Colorado goes into effect in 30 days after the governor signs it, not sure about WA though.

Zillah

Zillah

Colorado is only an 8 hour drive away too...

grader

grader

Weed should be legal everywhere.Cigarettes should be illegal everywhere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum