We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Gun talk] Choice between an M92 "krinkov" or an M85 krinkov

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Been looking at parts kits that can be used to build a AKS-74u

Now, eventually I'll own an AK chambered in its original caliber that being the 7.62x39mm round.

The question I'm faced with is if I want to go for authenticity or ease in logistics when it comes to buying one of these parts kits.

The M92 "krinkov" is not a true "Krinkov" rifle since the Russians never produced a AKS-74u chambered in 7.62x39mm (Hence the 74 in its name, being that it's a carbine version of the AK-74m)

The M85 Krinkov parts kit is an accurate representation of the real AKS-74u rifle, being chambered for 5.45x39mm

What do you think, should I go for authenticity or go for ease of logistics?

7.62x39 is a little more expensive at this time, and having two rifles chambered in the same caliber would make trips to the range with either rifle easier, but having an accurate representation of the military version is nice in its own way seeing as how I'm a modern military firearms junky.

Last edited by Artimise Flare on 2012-11-25, 23:39; edited 1 time in total

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'd go with the 5.45x39 since it's cheaper,you could get double the amount of rounds vs- 7.62x39.

7.62x39 does really decent out of the short barrel too though

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The M92 kit would come with a 10" barrel as opposed to the M85 kits 8" barrel which would keep the velocity and penetrative performance of the 7.62x39 for the most part.

The muzzle blast though is pretty vicious if I recall from the 7.62x39 when compared to the .22 caliber 5.45x39mm round that the M85 is chambered in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum