Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table.

+5
Keyser Söze
JrTapia1991
Grey
chunckylover53
Metalzoic
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I know none of you care about pinball, but I've wanted a pinball machine for years and I'm really excited for it.

It's being built by Jersey Jack. A new pinball company that just released their first table (The Wizard of Oz). This new table will be based on all 3 of the new Hobbit movies and won't be finished until late 2014. However based on what they did with the OZ table I think the Hobbit is going to be absolutely incredible.

Now I'm not interested in the Oz theme, but the quality of the product that these guys built is far beyond what you normally see in a pinball machine. The Oz table is absolutely beautiful with better artwork, lighting, gadgets & toys then any other pinball table (super bright color-changing leds, spinning house, melting witch, haunted trees, crystal ball with a mini-lcd screen inside, laser etchings, flying monkey etc...). It also uses a 26" lcd screen instead of a monochrome dot-matrix display.

Like I said I'm not a fan of the WoZ theme, but you cannot deny the insane polish and quality that it has. So maybe you'll see why I'm so super excited to have a brand new table from these guys with a more interesting theme. Smaug the Dragon, Gollum, Trolls, Sting, the dark cave etc...

Hopefully it turns out awesome!

I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table. 146I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table. 147I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table. 128I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table. 129I just pre-bought a limited edition Hobbit pinball table. 205

chunckylover53

I don't trust anything that comes out of New Jersey.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

chunckylover53 wrote:I don't trust anything that comes out of New Jersey.

Ha! I have to admit the word "Jersey" does turn me off a bit. Nothing I can do about it though.

Grey

Grey

< Has a Jurassic Park Pinball Machine

>_>
<_<
~slides

chunckylover53

Duct tape... It is pretty nice though all joking aisde i feel like i've seen it before it's about 3-4k?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Grey wrote:< Has a Jurassic Park Pinball Machine

>_>
<_<
~slides

Nice. I'm jealous. I don't think I've ever actually played a real Jurassic Park machine. Don't let Sheep break it!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

chunckylover53 wrote:Duct tape... It is pretty nice though all joking aisde i feel like i've seen it before it's about 3-4k?

Are you talking to me or Grey?

I doubt you've ever actually seen a Wizard of Oz table as they just started shipping from the factory in the past couple of weeks. I might have posted a pic or vid of it here before hand though. The WoZ LE table ran about $6500 if you pre-ordered it. More if you wanted to buy one right now.

There probably won't be any info on the Hobbit table until February.

chunckylover53

Yeah was talking to you metal. I probably seen the pictures somewhere i've never encountered it in real life i don't know anyone who collects them.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

nice.Not many places around here still have pinball machines.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Will you charge people quarters to play when they come over?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Will you charge people quarters to play when they come over?

Absolutely. The family too, otherwise they'll put to much wear and tear on it.

It's going to be a long wait for it, but this company did a real good job of releasing a steady stream of updates, art teasers, manufacturing ideas, design bits etc... with OZ.

So it will be fun getting all these little nuggets and teases knowing I'm eventually going to own my own.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Metalzoic wrote:
Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:Will you charge people quarters to play when they come over?

Absolutely. The family too, otherwise they'll put to much wear and tear on it.

It's going to be a long wait for it, but this company did a real good job of releasing a steady stream of updates, art teasers, manufacturing ideas, design bits etc... with OZ.

So it will be fun getting all these little nuggets and teases knowing I'm eventually going to own my own.

Well, I call dibs on playing free....

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

having a pinball table would be sweet.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

that is fucking sick metal. ive always wanted a pinball machine, and i plan to buy one someday. i just dont have a couple grand laying around to buy a nice one.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ferris wrote:that is fucking sick metal. ive always wanted a pinball machine, and i plan to buy one someday. i just dont have a couple grand laying around to buy a nice one.

I should have put pre-ordered not pre-bought in the title. I didn't drop $7k all at once, I just put the initial $500 payment down they have a payment schedule for the rest over the next 18 months or so. It's also refundable up until you can start to see how the machine is designed and coming together.

Although it would probably make more sense to buy it even if you didn't like it because you could probably sell it for a $1000 profit on day 1. I requested machine #1001 so hopefully that's the one I get.

Crombie

Crombie

Noice... I'm jealous. Next house I buy will have a proper man cave, complete with old arcade games.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

When you get it. I am coming over!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum