2I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:44

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

llama cconfused. homer?

3I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:46

What caused all this rage D?

4I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:47

D

There's a Niner fan on the Gamefaqs board that still feels like they could win the division.

That's a total embarrassment to me.

5I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:48

D

And it's not really rage worthy, but jeez, at some point dude needs to ditch the rose-colored glasses and see the team for what they are.

It's pathetic.

6I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:48

Phoenix I know that bad guy you have as your avatar from somewhere. I think it was a movie about a cop that gut frozen into the future, am I right?

7I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:52

D

Demolition Man!

8I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 15:56

C'mon T-800....

9I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:02

Simon Phoenix wrote:There's a Niner fan on the Gamefaqs board that still feels like they could win the division.

The West is awful. So I wouldn't call them done yet.

Didn't the Giants lose their first 3 before winning the super bowl?

10I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:07

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'd say the NFC is pretty wide open, but not for the niners.

11I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:09

lol... I wouldn't pick the 49ers either. Detroit Lions will win the NFC!!!

12I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:14

D

John Spartan wrote:
Simon Phoenix wrote:There's a Niner fan on the Gamefaqs board that still feels like they could win the division.

The West is awful. So I wouldn't call them done yet.

Didn't the Giants lose their first 3 before winning the super bowl?

They'd need to be at least 8-8 to have a chance. I don't see them only losing 3 more games.

13I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:15

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

So you pick the Lions! HAHA Washington NFC Champs.

14I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:15

*shrugs* Trying to be optimistic. Look at the Titans last year. The 49ers just need Vince Young.

15I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:18

D

John Spartan wrote:*shrugs* Trying to be optimistic. Look at the Titans last year. The 49ers just need Vince Young.

0-5 makes it hard to be optimistic. The worst thing that could happen for the Niners would be to back into the playoffs.

That would enable another year of this bullshit.

16I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:25

I see. Then they should shoot for the number 1 pick? Any QB you're eyeballing?

17I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:33

D

I personally don't think drafting a QB high is the right move for them (we all know how that turned out.). I would like to see them make a play for Vick (or another experienced QB) then draft a 2nd or 3rd round QB and try to groom.

I think a big part of Smith's problems are that he was drafted way too high and wasn't groomed at all.

Rodgers is a perfect example of how to bring a QB in the league, there aren't too many NFL ready QB's out there

18I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:36

Bradford worked out well. Stafford wasn't a bad choice either. But I get your point. Vick would be great for the 49ers.

So if a QB is a bad high pick, what do they need? O-Line?

19I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:41

D

For every Bradford or Stafford you get a Russell or Leaf lol.

It's tricky man. I don't know what they need to be successful but they need consistent QB play regardless of who it is.

I won't act like I know what they need at other positions cause I don't.

20I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:48

I have not watched many 49er games so I have no clue what they'd need. Just curious. I know they have QB issues. Gore is good. So no RB needed. I can't name a WR other than Crabtree.

I can't recall an Offensive Lineman being drafted by them recently. But once again, I don't follow the 49ers at all.

Russel and Leaf huh? touche. Mad

21I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:52

D

John Spartan wrote:I have not watched many 49er games so I have no clue what they'd need. Just curious. I know they have QB issues. Gore is good. So no RB needed. I can't name a WR other than Crabtree.

I can't recall an Offensive Lineman being drafted by them recently. But once again, I don't follow the 49ers at all.

Russel and Leaf huh? touche. Mad

We actually picked up 2 O-linemen in the last draft and they are both playing ok. Maybe more pieces on the defensive side of the ball and QB of course.

22I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:53

Majora1988

Majora1988

I can't decide what is wrong with the Niners, I don't think it is the players as much as it is the coaching. Other than Alex Smith, the Niners should be fine at all positions, and we just drafted an Offensive Line this year. I say if the Niners end up with a high pick (we will) we trade for a place holder QB and draft one, let him develop under Mr. Placeholder, and then put him in.

Vick would be awesome.

23I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:53

Singletary gone after this year?

24I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:56

D

Majora1988 wrote:I can't decide what is wrong with the Niners, I don't think it is the players as much as it is the coaching. Other than Alex Smith, the Niners should be fine at all positions, and we just drafted an Offensive Line this year. I say if the Niners end up with a high pick (we will) we trade for a place holder QB and draft one, let him develop under Mr. Placeholder, and then put him in.

Vick would be awesome.

Exactly dude. On paper the Niners appear to be solid which is why they were projected to win the division with little to no trouble.

Problem is they are having trouble executing and and just flat out doing stupid ****. On top of that, weak coaching is why they are 0-5.

25I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:56

Majora1988

Majora1988

John Spartan wrote:Singletary gone after this year?

Absolutely. As for a replacement, I have no idea.

One thing I am hoping is that the Niners don't try to dip into the college game again. I love College ball, but the stuff that works in College doesn't work in the NFL, and vice versa.

Just go ask Nick Saban or Charlie Weis.

26I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 16:58

D

Majora1988 wrote:

One thing I am hoping is that the Niners don't try to dip into the college game again. I love College ball, but the stuff that works in College doesn't work in the NFL, and vice versa.

Bring in Gruden and let him kick the organization straight in the ass. Gruden is great with QBs so I think that would be a great choice.

27I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 17:00

Majora1988

Majora1988

Simon Phoenix wrote:
Majora1988 wrote:

Bring in Gruden and let him kick the organization straight in the ass. Gruden is great with QBs so I think that would be a great choice.

I actually think that is a great idea. I don't know if Gruden wants to coach anymore though, he didn't try to get hired in this last coaching hire cycle.

28I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 17:02

I hear Gruden is interested in coming back. He's young enough.

29I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 17:04

Majora1988

Majora1988

John Spartan wrote:I hear Gruden is interested in coming back. He's young enough.

Hopefully it would have the same result as the last time he went to coach an organization in the bay area.

30I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 17:06

D

Majora1988 wrote:
Simon Phoenix wrote:
Majora1988 wrote:

I actually think that is a great idea. I don't know if Gruden wants to coach anymore though, he didn't try to get hired in this last coaching hire cycle.

Real loose talk has been going around here and there that he wants to coach again. Of course he denies it whenever it's brought up but you know he still wants to. This is Chucky we're talking about.

31I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 17:08

Majora1988

Majora1988

Simon Phoenix wrote:
Majora1988 wrote:
Simon Phoenix wrote:
Majora1988 wrote:

Real loose talk has been going around here and there that he wants to coach again. Of course he denies it whenever it's brought up but you know he still wants to. This is Chucky we're talking about.

Gruden would be exactly what the doctor ordered for the Niners.

32I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:05

D

Also, let's give Troy Smith a shot at some point and see what he can do.

33I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:13

Who do the 49ers play next?

34I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:14

D

The Raiders and they're going to be coming in with momentum after taking out the Chargers.

35I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:19

The last thing I think of when someone says "Raiders" is momentum. If I had to search for one other team as screwed up as the 49ers, I'd pick the Raiders.

36I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:26

D

Raiders also have 2 wins and are in a tie for second place in their division so that's says alot about the state of despair that that Niners are in.

37I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 18:30

That says a lot about the NFC west. Tied for first with 2 wins. That just doesn't sound right.

38I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 19:31

Majora1988

Majora1988

Simon Phoenix wrote:Also, let's give Troy Smith a shot at some point and see what he can do.

I'd give Carr a shot first. He can't be worse than Alex Smith.

39I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 19:37

From my experiance Oregon Duck fans are the worst.

40I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-11, 19:42

Simon Phoenix wrote:Also, let's give Troy Smith a shot at some point and see what he can do.

Yes! Granted I'm a Buckeye fan. But also realistic. Troy can be a good qb ig somebody gives him a fair shot. He got screwed in baltimore big time. You guys got weapons, and he cab distribute and take care of the ball. Plus you want to put a statue in carr behind that line? Troy can move and avoid the rush that's encourages inevitable.

41I can't stand Homers. Empty Re: I can't stand Homers. 2010-10-12, 13:10

Symbolic, you have an interesting perspective if you actually live in Oregon. There's a great possibility Ohio State will play Oregon for the National Championship. You'd be in enemy territory.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum