We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

just bought the witcher 2

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1just bought the witcher 2 Empty just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:28

Ante

Ante

good idea? i tried it out for a bit on 360 a while ago and just couldn't get a feel for it. how's it play on PC?

2just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:40

Pariah

Pariah

I considered buying it when it was on Steam Sale, decided against it. Could you possibly post a review when you get more into it?

3just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:44

Ante

Ante

i'm not good with fleshed out reviews but i'll post my thoughts for sure. i really want to like this game because i know it's full of content and deep lore, but we'll see.

4just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:45

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I got it,been meaning to play it

5just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:46

Awesome game is awesome

6just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-10, 23:47

Chewy

Chewy

Yes, good idea. It's a good as shit game.

It takes a little while getting used to, and gets easier as you level up. I found the interface a bit intimidating at first but caught on relatively quick.

I find it plays better with a controller actually, analog movement seems to help a lot in a game like it.

Some tips:
-Quen can make you invincible. It might seem lame because it's a defensive spell, and it is lame because defensive spells are lame, but it can be extremely useful. It's a nice thing to have but it can make the gameplay a little lame because it's lame. I would only use it when your health is down to keep the game fun.

-The key to combat in the game is to never get surrounded. You get damaged twice as much if you get backstabbed unless you level up a certain skill. So just dodge like a mafk and prevent this from happening. Seriously, dodge constantly.

-I personally wouldn't even fuck with the alchemy tree. I never use potions, and in the big battles where I might need them I never remember to prepare before them. That's just me though.

-This is also just me, but it seems to help getting more vigor ASAP. Once you have 4 you can basically cast force pushes all the time which helps out a lot.

7just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-11, 00:01

If you like RPG's theres no reason not to love this game

8just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-11, 14:50

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

A very good game, I play it on 360 not PC, but I've heard nothing but good things about it, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It did take some time to get use to the controls and world, but it was really fun, and the learning curve isn't too steep (Dark Souls)

9just bought the witcher 2 Empty Re: just bought the witcher 2 2013-01-11, 14:56

Ante

Ante

alright yeah i'm digging it. controls with mouse and keyboard were a lot more natural feeling for me.

tell you what, after hundreds of hours playing streamlined RPGs like Oblivion and Skyrim, this game is pretty overwhelming, ha. i mean that in a good way though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum