+3
menacinglemon
Pariah
Frostbyrn
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/jan/16/can_dea_hide_surveillance_camera

Pariah

Pariah

this shouldn't be too bad. Any violation of property rights is heavily punished here.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

It doesn't matter they still get rid of the drugs and that location won't be used again....as long as drugs that are still ILLEGAL are off the streets then I dont think they care if people get sent away....they just want less grow ups and warehouses and etc etc etc

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

they trespassed on land, to install cameras, in order to gain evidence of drug production, so that they could get a warrant to go onto the land without trespassing and gain evidence of drug production?

Pariah

Pariah

Basically, the DEA is now fucked, because once the circuit court rules against them, the proprty owner can sue hard.

Pariah wrote:Basically, the DEA is now fucked, because once the circuit court rules against them, the proprty owner can sue hard.

This

Hilariously stupid move by the pigs

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

oink oink lol

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im calling it now that they side with the cops

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Frostbyrn wrote:Im calling it now that they side with the cops

Yeah even though they fucked up hard I can't see them letting the people who were running a huge grow op walk away scott free.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

HydrasBreath wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:Im calling it now that they side with the cops

Yeah even though they fucked up hard I can't see them letting the people who were running a huge grow op walk away scott free.

Yeah and especially opening the option for them to counter sue

Uhhh dont think you guys understand the American legal system

This was a violation of rights, and thats a big deal here. Especially if its law enforcement,.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You...you...you OPTIMIST! Very Happy

Im a sympathizer

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

If I could be bothered following this then I would bet you right now that they will side with the police

They cant

We have laws against this shit here

Unlawful searches cannot be used as evidence in a court of law

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its weird then that they already used it as evidence in a court of law then huh? Very Happy

Read this

30183.htmlhttp://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/search-seizure-criminal-law-30183.html

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Frostbyrn wrote:Its weird then that they already used it as evidence in a court of law then huh? Very Happy

the US district court allowed the evidence to stand. the US district court is not the Supreme Court, if the SC says no, the defendants can sue the DEA.

It has not been ruled on yet

The lawyer said they will push it all the way to the Supreme Court if they have too

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

The District court is still a court I know they are going to push it to the supreme court

Its not like im agreeing with the cops its just that If i had to place a bet then I would say the court would side with them rather than the people illegally growing marijuana

But I dont think you understand the search and seizure law.....

Read that link if you want to understand it.

I would expect the DC to rule in the laws favor, but the SC will not.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Your forgetting the Human component though

They arent robots

Pariah

Pariah

The district court can side with the DEA, that's fine. But the Circuit Court and the Supreme Court can't. There are laws against it (4th amendment yo) and the sole function of the Circuit and Supreme courts is to uphold laws pertaining to protocol.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Makes sense Pariah

and you explained it without me having to click a link and read some bullshit Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

Legal stuff is the shit.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Exactly, such information would become inadmissible, the 4th amendmant protects citizens, even those that are suspected to be breaking the law from unauthorized search and seizures without a proper warrant.

So even if the cops know that the crook is growing pot or producing meth in their garage, without evidence and an approved warrant to search the premises, they can't do anything.

It's fucked up, but it's a small price to pay for the civil liberties that the masses enjoy. Some times it hinders the Law, but 90% of the time, it protects the innocent from the corrupt.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum