+4
StormEye
Kenshiro
Wacco
Duck
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 18:22

So as some of you know I rented medal of honor yesterday and have been spending most of my time playing it. So I have not played through the game in full (5 hours in multi and 2 or 3 in the campaign) but here are my impressions so far.

Singleplayer: Now this one I am really torn on. On one hand you actually have an exciting campaign that never really leaves the realm of realism. On the other hand you have things that completely pull you out of the experience like the horrid explosions and awful movements and bugs that happens to the npcs frequently. Every single time I was getting a sense of ah I lost it because the npc walks through a truck or how funny the bodies look after an explosion. (All there limbs are a really low texture red) It just made me sad that danger close did not put all their effort into actually pulling you into the experience.

I am kinda lost as to what people meant as story. It felt to me that is was random action sequence after another until the final 2 missions in the game. Then there is the technical issues. I had to restart levels 2 and 3 times because I kept getting these stupid bugs. Everything from the npcs not responding, to the game saving right before one of them decides to drive off a cliff or get stuck in a rock. The game also lags a lot when their is a huge explosion even though it looks like shit.

My issues aside the campaign to me was alright where good barely outweighs the bad but it is worth a rent for the campaign if you like military shooters.

Multiplayer: Where do I even begin in with this disaster. So the worst part of the multiplayer for me right now is how one sided the maps are. If you spawn on the good side of the map it is pretty much game over for the other team unless they have some good people. The maps are designed in a way where if you get to a certain point on the map you can see the enemy spawn, and effectively spawn camp them with unlimited ammo because these places always have ammo boxes in them. Now this would not be as huge of a problem if it was not for a fact the spawns change at random around the 3 minuet mark (game are usually 7 minuets long) so by the time you get out of the spawn trap it is too late to do anything and you lose.

The other huge issue is the sniper rifle. This thing is the most powerful weapon with the semi-auto ones killing everything in 1-2 hits up close or afar and the bolt actions that are a one hit kill kneecap up. This basically leads to the same issue bad company 2 had with too many snipers but now they kill since they are so user friendly. With these 2 factors the game basically either turns into a camping standoff or a spawn camp.

Once I beat the campaign I will post my impressions about it and update the multiplayer one as I play more.

Last edited by T-800 on 2010-10-14, 23:01; edited 3 times in total

2Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 20:17

Duck

Duck

So it's basically BC2 only everything is squeezed into a tiny maze like map and the sniper rifles require no skill.

3Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 20:18

Sniper rifles on any game never require any skill anymore :/

4Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 21:26

Wacco

I think BC2 has the snipers that require the most skill of any game I've played, but still.

5Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 21:29

Duck

Duck

In the PS2 battlefield sniper rifles were one shot kill, any body part, any range, and somehow there weren't a lot of snipers at all. Probably because assault rifles were 4 shot kills any range and had perfect accuracy if fired semi auto.

6Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 21:32

Yeah, BC2 still requires the most skill, but I still think sniping isn't that difficult at all really.

7Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 21:41

Duck

Duck

BC1 requires the most skill IMO. There was no bullet drop, but the travel distance was easily twice that of BC2 and the headshot box was TINY. The M95 was my most used weapon in that game and I think I got maybe 5 long range headshots on sprinters.

And man, that reminds me of an epic moment on Isla rush a couple weeks ago. There was a sniper running along the edge of the cliff that hides the first attackers spawn and I got a headshot kill on him. From the back of the second to last base. I could barely see the damn guy and I just fired like 10 feet in front of him and 4 feet above his head and nearly **** my pants when I got the kill.

8Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 23:35

Ducksaws wrote:So it's basically BC2 only everything is squeezed into a tiny maze like map and the sniper rifles require no skill.
No it is much worse than that every gun is a laser gun and hit detection is the worst I have ever seen.

9Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 23:37

Ducksaws wrote:BC1 requires the most skill IMO. There was no bullet drop, but the travel distance was easily twice that of BC2 and the headshot box was TINY. The M95 was my most used weapon in that game and I think I got maybe 5 long range headshots on sprinters.

And man, that reminds me of an epic moment on Isla rush a couple weeks ago. There was a sniper running along the edge of the cliff that hides the first attackers spawn and I got a headshot kill on him. From the back of the second to last base. I could barely see the damn guy and I just fired like 10 feet in front of him and 4 feet above his head and nearly **** my pants when I got the kill.
That is why we pros in bc2 go for the 500 marksmen headshots.

10Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-13, 23:45

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

T-800 wrote:
Ducksaws wrote:BC1 requires the most skill IMO. There was no bullet drop, but the travel distance was easily twice that of BC2 and the headshot box was TINY. The M95 was my most used weapon in that game and I think I got maybe 5 long range headshots on sprinters.

I stopped doing those once I permanently attached an RDS/4X mount on my SV-98.

11Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 00:01

StormEye

StormEye

I still do decent range sniping whenever I need to. Though I am mostly using M95 with 4x these days.

The extra distance helped me quite a bit, for trading off SV-98's RoF.

12Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 00:21

Wacco

lol marksmen bonuses. As Storm and rem said, I haven't used anything but a 4x scope since I realized its potential. I had like 100 M24 kills before then, and got 900 in about a day or two.

13Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:07

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

I haven't touched a BA Rifle in a month. I feel the wookie inside me crawling out though.

14Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:15

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im just surprised that you Though an EA game would actually be Semi Decent

EA is like the Worst gaming company around

15Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:27

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Hey now. BFBC2 was decent.

16Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:29

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

remShotz wrote:
T-800 wrote:

I stopped doing those once I permanently attached an RDS/4X mount on my SV-98.

+50 awesome cred

@ storm
I keep forgetting to try the M95 RDS...

17Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:56

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

BC2 was Decent but EA nearly Ruined and it could be so much better if they actually Patched their Damn games

18Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 04:59

Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Looks like MoH has the Rubber Tomahawk Syndrome

RTS

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/El2stV_7bPY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/El2stV_7bPY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

19Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 15:24

Posted my impressions of the campaign.

20Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 16:48

Duck

Duck

BC2 was Decent but EA nearly Ruined and it could be so much better if they actually Patched their Damn games

They patched BC2 like 4 times.

21Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-14, 19:56

Ducksaws wrote:BC2 was Decent but EA nearly Ruined and it could be so much better if they actually Patched their Damn games

They patched BC2 like 4 times.
BC2 still needs a patch or 2.

22Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-15, 05:52

BC2 reigns supreme until we get BF3.

23Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-15, 06:26

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Used Melee on DICE it Wasnt Very Effective

Seriously they cant seem to make Close Quarters properly these days

24Oh my god MoH sucks. Empty Re: Oh my god MoH sucks. 2010-10-15, 07:58

Same

Same

I got annoyed upon seeing user comments on game.co.uk (Equivalent to gamestation)

Thomas gray posted on 15 Oct 2010
Awsome game , story mode is excellent , multiplayer rocks even better than battlefied , step aside MW2

MULTIPLAYER FUCKING ROCKS BETTER THAN BATTLEFIELD?!
This guy obviously over uses a sniper >_>

Matthew Christophers posted on 14 Oct 2010
I pre-ordered this game early/before september, and I couldn't wait. I've read reviews on the game (betas) and people seemed disappointed, however I didn't think about cancelling. With the Medal of Honor series always being set in the WW era, it's extremely nice to see it move on to the modern day.This game is probably one of the best war/shooting games i've played this year. The gameplay is amazing, you can't say anything bad about it. The sound of the weapons are realistic, and the storyline so far is very good and quite difficult too.I spent most of the afternoon playing it, and time flew by - And I still haven't completed it (Which a plus). If you want a game which could very possibly beat Call of Duty: Black Ops, this is the game you go for. You'll love it. If you buy this game, I seriously hope you will enjoy this as much as I have so far!

Hurrah, this guy obviously doesn't know MP is kind of unbalanced. I wont be suprised if black ops does win. It's only amazing cause of the weapons are realistic.. and the storyline is difficult. Do people even consider negatives >_>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum