Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cliffy B thinks that Bioshock Infinite is too violent.

+6
Ars Diaboli
Pariah
Grey
Kitsune
menacinglemon
Dropped Da Soap
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/47064613574/shocking-isnt-it-bioshock-spoilers-ahead

So, the guy that brought you a chainsaw gun would now like to get on his soap box about violence. Have fun judging me.This is one of the few games that I’ve loved that I felt the violence actually detracted from the experience. The first time I dug my skyhook into someone I actually winced. I love shocking people in these games (it’s not called BioShootBeesAtThem) and I found that nearly every foe I zapped to death had their heads explode, Gallagher style. After the 400th head I was like “come on, already!

”Funny, right? That I’d say that? I know, it’s weird. Maybe it’s the fact that they did such a fantastic job of making this nuanced world that hitting you over the head with those moments felt out of place for me.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I get it but...damn...again the enviroment in gears matches the gore....soo I guess I understand but still

Kitsune

Kitsune

I really don't see a problem with gore in games, if you don't want to see it, then just don't play that game. There's many good games that don't have a lot of gore. Personally, I don't really care, and I actually appreciate gore when it makes sense, like shooting somebody with explosives, I think they should be ripped apart, it only makes sense.

Grey

Grey

Did anyone ever play the original Bioshock? You are in a first person view, violently, beating Andrew Ryan's head in. That's just one thing.

Pariah

Pariah

I'm going to stop paying attention to him now. IMO, the one redeeming point of that essay was that he acknowledged his own hypocrisy.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Bleszinski is a total douchebag. While I didn't particularly care about him before, after some articles I've seen from/about him, I know that whatever he says is just something to be ignored.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I honestly agree with him
Beating andrew ryans face fit in with the game. As did the ending with comstock.

However causing peoples heads to explode with lighting, or instanlty vaporize people with fire hyndreds of time over the game, doesn't fit thw world of bioshock

I agree with him

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

and cleaving the heart out of a giant worm with a chainsaw-gun and then almost drowning in its blood is fine right? i mean thats not over-the-top or anything Razz

Ante

Ante

Why doesn't it fit in Bioshock exactly? All the Bioshock games have very dark and grim atmospheres.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Chainsawing a worms heart fits with the gears tone and theme.

Bioshock infinite took its violence far more then what was in the older two.
Bioshock is dark and grim yes. But vaporizzing people to bones and ash and blowing their heads up icomically styled burst of animated blood and a popping noise isjt dark or grim.

He wasn't badhing the violence. Just stating it s over the top for the tone of bioshock

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I understand where he is coming from. The violence in Infinite almost seems out of place at times compared to the beautiful city and some of the themes being very religious. But I couldn't disgree more with him about it being a bad thing. Other than the executions ripping peoples heads off I have no problem with any of the gore in this game. The lightning head pop is corny but it isn't especially gory, and neither is people burning to ashes. the only time I wish they had toned down the blood is on the executions where their head pops off.

You guys are drunk

Chewy

Chewy

The whole point of the game is that it's a candy coated city that's dark as shit in reality. The violence fits in perfectly.

And the fact that it's over the top fits in perfectly with the Bioshock series as well. The series has always been dark with some humor thrown in - a perfect setting for ultraviolence.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sym wrote:You guys are drunk

I wish, I'm still stuck at work for 3 hours....... hey, maybe I should get drunk!

BTW, what were you trying to say sym? do you think it has too much violence?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Chewy wrote:The whole point of the game is that it's a candy coated city that's dark as shit in reality. The violence fits in perfectly.

And the fact that it's over the top fits in perfectly with the Bioshock series as well. The series has always been dark with some humor thrown in - a perfect setting for ultraviolence.

B ut that's the thing, its not overly violent, its chees.

Chewy

Chewy

Jeff Boomhauer wrote:
Chewy wrote:The whole point of the game is that it's a candy coated city that's dark as shit in reality. The violence fits in perfectly.

B ut that's the thing, its not overly violent, its chees.

Well according to Cliffy it is overly violent....

It is a little cheesy, but so are several elements in the Bioshock series. It fits in.

Bioshock has never been a game that takes itself extremely seriously.

Hank Hill wrote:
Sym wrote:You guys are drunk

I wish, I'm still stuck at work for 3 hours....... hey, maybe I should get drunk!

BTW, what were you trying to say sym? do you think it has too much violence?

No Chewy said it perfectly

The violence is awesome as is

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum