Grey

Grey

First MS, now EA? Am I dead?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

we're in chewbacca land

sheep

sheep

Server problems, bad economy, they might be losing out by forcing players to buy an online pass on top of their online subscription (if they use xbox - or on top of their internet bill too). Because hey - they don't want to. And there are plenty of game available where you don't have to.

Online passes dont prevent piracy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

they encourage it if anything >__>

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

What.

Is this a trap? I find it hard to believe without there being a catch. Microtransaction spam? More disk locked content? Our games will be always-online and therefore we have no need for an online pass? The brand new offline pass! $10 to play your game offline, yay!

Only time will tell, but it they really are getting rid of online passes without any other consequence... good of EA (it's weird to write this, it even feels wring). Considering that they were one of the first to introduce them, it's quite vexing.

Edit: A commenter on Destructoid sums up what I couldn't put into words:

I have no doubt that they're only doing this because they already have something worse planned.

always online

Zillah

Zillah

"Our games are always online now, so were introducing a special $20 pass that gives you access to offline play, 24 hours a day!"

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Maybe somehow everyone in the SeC got transported to an alternate universe

Can anyone smell fudge?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Yeah this is eerie. I can just feel something bad is about to happen to balance out the somewhat good news in the last couple days.

My current theory is that EA will now be charging by the hour for online play.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

It's got to be always on DRM...no way they are suddenly changing their stance on this.

HydrasBreath wrote:It's got to be always on DRM...no way they are suddenly changing their stance on this.

Yup

This is exactly what I said early in the thread.

Its super obvious

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum