Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

The beginning of the end for the Souls series.

+3
JrTapia1991
Ron Swanson
Ars Diaboli
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

http://www.destructoid.com/jimquisition-guns-blazing-254101.phtml

http://www.gamespot.com/news/namco-going-guns-blazing-to-market-dark-souls-ii-6408385

We're treating this as a massive, massive triple-A title.

"We're going after people who love and adore Dark Souls, while hopefully widening the net a little. I'm not saying that every Skyrim player's going to be jumping on Dark Souls, but it would be nice if some of them did. It's a different game, sure."

Widen the net > Appeal to a broader audience > Appeal to the mass market

According to my marketing BS translator, this means: dumb down the game, plague it with microtransactions, DLC, and QTEs. Just to start.

The above will later become "failed to meet commercial expectations", and you all know what happens later.

I hope I'm wring, but this story has repetead itself enough so I'm not holding my breath. At the very least, DS2 should be pretty good.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

It is the trend that all games take nowadays. It is too bad.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Dr. Spaceman wrote:It is the trend that all games take nowadays. It is too bad.

Ante

Ante

cynical doom and gloom? yawn. i'll wait until the game actually comes out to pass judgment.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ante wrote:cynical doom and gloom? yawn. i'll wait until the game actually comes out to pass judgment.

Buzzkill Very Happy

Ante

Ante

GET BACK TO YOUR BEES

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I have Diamonds now Very Happy

Ante

Ante

i've been playing my 1.5 single player world...

you can run glowstone through the magma crucible now and turn it into energized glowstone. a liquid light source that fucking flows UP. it will literally fly away if you don't have an upside down pool to catch it.

Also there's butterfly breeding in the next update. and oreberry bushes. and so much stuff it's awesome.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Butterflys?

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I wouldn't put much stock in what Bamco says, only what From says. Dumbasses pushed the deadline, so technically Dark Souls was incomplete when it came out, and it was still good.

As long as they don't go all EA and keep a gun to From's head, this shouldn't be so worrisome.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Nah, I'm thinking that DS2 will be pretty good, like both games before it. What will happen after that is what has a high chance to suck. It's a hyperbole of course, but after seeing many good franchises in the same situation, I wouldn't be surprised.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:GET BACK TO YOUR BEES

The beginning of the end for the Souls series. Tumblr_mek23eXK041rjfqz6o1_400

sorry me and my friend were laughing so hard about this last night and when you mentioned bees it made me think of wicker man again.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I fucking love Wickerman Very Happy

I cant find that scene when he gets his arms and legs broken

That is some of the most hilarious Ham acting in history Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah it's a hilariously terrible movie

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I couldn't bring myself to get it for pc right now,don't feel like starting allllll the way over. I'll get the 2nd one when it's cheap,I could spend forever playing Morrowind alone >__> but my backlog is huge lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum