New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Metro: Last Light Chief Technical Officer Interview

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-inside-metro-last-light

Lost of really great info. I particularly found this quite interesting.

You just cannot compare consoles to PC directly. Consoles could do at least 2x what a comparable PC can due to the fixed platform and low-level access to hardware

If the Xbone and PS4 are using a 7850 level GPU and this quote is true, that means that these consoles will be at least as powerful as a GTX Titan in a few years.

Well through closed platform optimization I agree

But the thing is in two year a Titan is gonna be super outdated sooooo

Sym wrote:Well through closed platform optimization I agree

But the thing is in two year a Titan is gonna be super outdated sooooo

I guess it just bothers me that a $400 console will be playing games just as well or better $1500+ computer. Really makes me wonder if I should not even bother getting a new GPU until consoles are around 2+ years old.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I would just wait that way you get better performance than the console

I read the new GTX 780 chumps the titan at about half the price lol.

Im not gonna be upgrading for awhile either

Gonna wait for a big jump in tech

My current 580 is just for atm

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I honestly think 4 or 5 years is about good to wait then I'll get whatever is 300 then I guess. by then whatever is in the consoles will be really dated.

seems like they put a decent gpu 7850 in it,but weak 1.6ghz cpus. I think that will be the bottleneck of this console gen first and foremost,the weak cpu

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I would just wait that way you get better performance than the console

I read the new GTX 780 chumps the titan at about half the price lol.

i think the Titan is still better. the 780 probably has much better price:performance though.

JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I honestly think 4 or 5 years is about good to wait then I'll get whatever is 300 then I guess. by then whatever is in the consoles will be really dated.

seems like they put a decent gpu 7850 in it,but weak 1.6ghz cpus. I think that will be the bottleneck of this console gen first and foremost,the weak cpu

BUT 8 cores!

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_780_SC_ACX_Cooler/18.html

just read that on gamefaqs. Take it for what it's worth,but seems like the 780 beats it by a little Razz

StormEye

StormEye

If EVGA or other companies release after market cooler for Titan frame (780 is that too), then the cooler difference is gone.

I don't think that model is any different from reference model, just cooler difference.

Might as well get water block and water cool the card. They actually have that out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum