mount and blade is a lot of fun!

+2
menacinglemon
Duck
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

just started playing warband with the floris mod pack.

pretty amazing game. I love how it doesn't hold your hand and can be completely brutal.

In something like skyrim you can just run and jump past all the bandits, here if you try to travel across the land on your own it's actually really dangerous.

And the combat is actually functional. In skyrim you can just pound on someones shield until they die, here you have to actually be smart with your attacks. I love the high risk, high reward style. Not to mention mounted combat is awesome.

Being able to recruit a big army or just a band of mercenaries to loot and pillage the country side, or enlist in a vassal or king's army, pretty badass. You can trade by buying low and selling high, own land, by a merc, a bandit, whatever. 

Definitely recommend this anyone looking for a fun open world game. Just by warband on steam, you don't need the original and it's better than the "sequel".

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I own all three...played the with Fire and Sword single player a lot more then the others...still not as much as someone on my friends list who has like over 120 hours in

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sounds intriguing... I'll have to check it out. What do the mods do?

Ive never been able to get into them

The story is really bland in the beginning and I cant get any further than that

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've heard of these and see em on sale alot but never checked them out,it sounds cool

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im playing The Clash of Kings mod which is based on the ASOIAF books with Floris elements added

Just conquered the Westerlands and am now at War with the Iron Islands

Bla125

Bla125

I've put at least 300 hours in the game. Still love it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I looked at some gameplay vids... Probably not my kind of game.

Duck

Duck

Sym wrote:Ive never been able to get into them

The story is really bland in the beginning and I cant get any further than that

Yeah it is definitely not a story driven game. You make your own story.

It can be really difficult too, but the floris mod fixes that. You can just enlist in a noble's army and instantly get some equipment, a weekly pay, food, and participate in huge battles without having to fret about losing too many men or whatnot.

Once you get to a high enough level and save up some cash it gets easy to train your own men or hire mercenaries so you can get more money by looting villages or being a bounty hunter or whatever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum