RStudios
Epyk MD
Dropped Da Soap
MEGA MILK
JrTapia1991
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

We may have done this before? I dont know anyways I dont give a shit if we have.

What is the story behind your user name?

Mine is from my favorite band Death. They have an album names Symbolic. Its a great album, gee whiz is it good. They also have a song too named Symbolic, which is the real reason behind my name.

When I first started posting on forums it was SymbolicActs, then Symbolic when I came here, then Sym for short as I prefer now. 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zbp60IX_jFQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT- Youtube vids are borked again

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm lame and my name lol...although I go by solidsnake from metal gear on several sites before

I always think of talapia when I see your name haha

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Good natured Christian art from Japan.

MEGA MILK wrote:Good natured Christian art from Japan.
LOL

do share?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Mine was from way before I got a 360. 

I had a Wii, and had Medal of Honor Heroes 2(easily one of my top 5 favorite MP shooters). And in the game it would just say "Somenamehere" - "another name here", whenever anyone killed anyone or whatever.

So I thought it would be funny to put Dropped_Da_Soap.

Been almost 6 years since I made it.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

use bbcode buttons, html is disabled.

ive used Epyk for a long time...im not even sure anymore.
MDA was concocted in a gamefaqs thread about a month after we started doing gfaq weekly games.

RStudios

The "R" Stands for 'Revelation'... mystery solved Razz

Dropping the Soap would indeed be a truly traumatic experience. 

Wii eh? Cant imagine playing a fps on a wii

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Epyk MD wrote:
RStudios wrote:The "R" Stands for 'Revelation'... mystery solved Razz
http://www.revolutionstudios.com/

thats the joke >.>

Last edited by Epyk MD on 2013-08-29, 20:53; edited 1 time in total

Epyk MD wrote:use bbcode buttons, html is disabled.

ive used Epyk for a long time...im not even sure anymore.
MDA was concocted in a gamefaqs thread about a month after we started doing gfaq weekly games.
Interesting.

I always thought you had the mda thingy

Epyk MD wrote:
RStudios wrote:The "R" Stands for 'Revelation'... mystery solved Razz
http://www.revolutionstudios.com/
The story behind this?

Do you work for them R?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

bad attempt at a joke.

its revelation not revolution

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Sym wrote:
LOL

do share?
This message board is very secular, and I doubt they would appreciate me posting traditional, family oriented Japanese comics.

Niche appeal, you know.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Sym wrote:Dropping the Soap would indeed be a truly traumatic experience. 

The only hard thing was using grenades. As you actually had to do the damn motion of unscrewing the grenade, and throwing it. 

Other then that, it was really easy. But incredibly fun.
It was honestly one of the better FPSes on the Wii, and that still stands today. 

Plus, the GFAQs board for the game, was quite possibly better than even the BC2 board in its heyday.
Had a GREAT community.

MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:
LOL

do share?
This message board is very secular, and I doubt they would appreciate me posting traditional, family oriented Japanese comics.

Niche appeal, you know.

is it the boob thing?

That you have had as your avatar before?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:
LOL

do share?

Niche appeal, you know.
incest hentai bro.

Dropped Da Soap wrote:

The only hard thing was using grenades. As you actually had to do the damn motion of unscrewing the grenade, and throwing it. 

It was honestly one of the better FPSes on the Wii, and that still stands today. 

Plus, the GFAQs board for the game, was quite possibly better than even the BC2 board in its heyday.
Had a GREAT community.

Thats interesting considering we spawned this place from GameFAQs haha

RStudios

Lol...

1) No that one is spelt different
2) Its name of the company I ran programming / web development about 8 years ago, but I just work freelance now.

I don't own the .co.uk domain no more tho

Ah word

I didnt know you are into WD

Thats what im going to school for.

Did you ever see my old site? We you around for that back then?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

RS is a little farther along than us.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Sym wrote:
Dropped Da Soap wrote:

Had a GREAT community.
Hah! Yeah, I know. But no, the MoHH2 board was a GREAT board.  I am honestly more upset about that board dying out than I am over the BC2 one. Though that might just be because we all still talk to each other, unlike the guys I hung out with on MoHH2. 

Though we did make our own sites and crap. We had two.But those died out years before BC2 was a thing

RStudios

Nope, not seen it, and maybe not a good idea, I tend to rip ppls coding apart Very Happy (bad habit)

Also how come your wife knows what i do for a living but you dont? lmao

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Epyk MD wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:
LOL

do share?

Niche appeal, you know.
incest hentai bro.
You forgot the shota tag.

Dropped Da Soap wrote:
Sym wrote:
Dropped Da Soap wrote:

Had a GREAT community.
Hah! Yeah, I know. But no, the MoHH2 board was a GREAT board.  I am honestly more upset about that board dying out than I am over the BC2 one. Though that might just be because we all still talk to each other, unlike the guys I hung out with on MoHH2. 

Though we did make our own sites and crap. We had two.But those died out years before BC2 was a thing

The SeC has lasted way longer than any private community Ive been a part of......and Ive been in a few. We got about 25 regular posters here. and more than 50 occasional posters I do think.

That old GFQ board was pretty epic at times. We pissed alot of people off lmao. I got banned like 3 times for talking off topic.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I was doing alot of research into Greek mythology at the time because I was looking for cool band name ideas and I read up on hydras and how they have been popularized as basically being fire breathing land dragons with the whole cutting off the head and more pop up deal.

But according to what I read they where historically described as being more like giant multiheaded snakes that have a poisonous breath. The head cutting thing still applies.

So yeah I was looking for a cool and unique XBL tag that wouldn't require ten numbers after it and I settled on HydrasBreath and it's pretty much become my go to online handle.

I almost named one of my old bands Hydra

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Sym wrote:
Dropped Da Soap wrote:
Sym wrote:
Dropped Da Soap wrote:

Had a GREAT community.

The SeC has lasted way longer than any private community Ive been a part of......and Ive been in a few. We got about 25 regular posters here. and more than 50 occasional posters I do think.

That old GFQ board was pretty epic at times. We pissed alot of people off lmao. I got banned like 3 times for talking off topic.
Yeah, this is certainly the longest community I have ever been with. 

I haven't even talked with any of those guys in a good 4 years. I have one on my friends list on LIVE, but we have never said anything to each other, and to be honest I can't even remember what his gamertag is.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:I almost named one of my old bands Hydra
Top contenders for me at the time were Call of Cerberus and Cry of the Hydra.

We all get along for some strange reason, even though we have tons of totally different strong personalities on here.

HydrasBreath wrote:
Dude wtf are you in my brain?

We were deciding between Cerberus and Hydra lollolololololol. 

We went with Eternal Divide

RStudios

Just playing and testing this haha Very Happy

What is the origin of your user name? Pacman_left

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

Well they are two of the more badass Greek mythological creatures plus they have a nice ring to them.

That band never went anywhere so we never really settled on a name.

HydrasBreath wrote:
Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

Well they are two of the more badass Greek mythological creatures plus they have a nice ring to them.

That band never went anywhere so we never really settled on a name.
Yea no doubt. 

This band never really went anywhere either, but we settled on a name. Had about 40 minutes of material before my and the other guitar player(my best bud) broke off and did out own thing. Which is what you have heard of my music.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Higurashi was the name of my favorite anime. Looking back, the anime is kinda meh but the source material (visual novel) is still awesome so I still use the name. Kyuubey is a character from a different anime that is still one of my favorites.

What is with that Mexican rabbit?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I've been trying to come up with some names for a solo stoner/progressive thing I might do. I think I've settled on the name Fractal Dimensions. Same type of stuff as that 20 min stoney jam thing I posted here before.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Sym wrote:What is with that Mexican rabbit?
That's Kyuubey. The Mexican theme is just a piece of fan art I found that I liked.

HydrasBreath wrote:I've been trying to come up with some names for a solo stoner/progressive thing I might do. I think I've settled on the name Fractal Dimensions. Same type of stuff as that 20 min stoney jam thing I posted here before.
Oh my god I would killto find a few musicians locally who would be willing to write a 20 minute song with me

Me and  my buddy wrote lots of long shit, and I love it. And I make it super progressive, while still being thrashy and heavy aS FUCK.

Kyuubey wrote:
That's Kyuubey. The Mexican theme is just a piece of fan art I found that I liked.

Oh ok

Always wondered why you have a damn mexican rabbit as your avatar haha

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Something like Vektor, Sym?

What about Vektor?

I like Vektor

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

You said something about writing a long progressive but still thrashy song, and Vektor has a few of those.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Sym wrote:
Kyuubey wrote:
Oh ok

Spoiler:

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:I've been trying to come up with some names for a solo stoner/progressive thing I might do. I think I've settled on the name Fractal Dimensions. Same type of stuff as that 20 min stoney jam thing I posted here before.
Oh my god I would killto find a few musicians locally who would be willing to write a 20 minute song with me

Me and  my buddy wrote lots of long shit, and I love it. And I make it super progressive, while still being thrashy and heavy aS FUCK.
I've written a few concept pieces that were 20+ mins. It was pretty melodic stuff though but yeah it can be great to run with an idea and fully develop it and evolve it into something epic.

Kyuubey wrote:You said something about writing a long progressive but still thrashy song, and Vektor has a few of those.
Oh yes.

I love Vektor. Good modern day thrash. Greg hates them though haha.

HydrasBreath wrote:
Sym wrote:

I've written a few concept pieces that were 20+ mins. It was pretty melodic stuff though but yeah it can be great to run with an idea and fully develop it and evolve it into something epic.
I would love to collaborate something with you and Greg. My problem is I dont have the equipment to record right now. Got my beastly PC and thats really it.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:
Kyuubey wrote:
Oh ok

Spoiler:
i mean...it makes sense if you think about it.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:
Sym wrote:

I would love to collaborate something with you and Greg. My problem is I dont have the equipment to record right now. Got my beastly PC and thats really it.
Yeah that would be cool for sure.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Epyk MD wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:
Sym wrote:
Kyuubey wrote:
Oh ok

Spoiler:
i mean...it makes sense if you think about it.
Here's the scene where he explains it if you're interested lol

https://youtu.be/kFHqO-o5cGc?t=6m36s

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum