New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whelp, my bro got console banned on xbox

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

You know those things like greenman always posted talking about made a chinese LIVE account and download the free games,etc? Well the other week it was create a chinese account and you could get that fighting game Injustice and some other no-name arcade games for free, well my bro did it, then he comes up crying talking about he just got console banned

I feel bad for him, he was an achievement hunter and had almost 80k, that was his life pretty much....I told him to call/email them and ask the reason why....but I'm gonna tell him to say fuck it pretty much and just game on pc and get the ps4. He has a decent enough steam library

RStudios

I always thought an xbox console ban just banned the hardware, not the live account... so a new xbox and he should be able to login with his normal account. But Id ring them first.

Grey

Grey

Whelp. He broke the TOS. What did he expect? Should teach him a lesson too. Can't just steal to get what you want.

Ante

Ante

I wouldn't say it's stealing per se, but still kinda shady to take advantage of loopholes like that.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban

not all hardware bans come with a profile ban. if he isn't profile banned he can just get a new xbox. if he is profile banned too then he's out of luck.

it might just be a hardware ban, since he was using a chinese profile so they locked the hardware to stop him using those free games. that chinese account will most likely be banned, but his normal account shouldnt be since it wasn't violating TOS (well, that account wasnt, but they might just ban everyone on the console if they were intent on punishing the user completely).

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I told him it was pretty stupid to steal that shit, that's why I quit pirating, the internet is pretty much all I have.

anyways,he's trying another system now but it's so slow doing a system update, guess we'll know in about 10 mins or so. Hopefully it was just the console.

And didn't many of the people here get AC3 for free doing the same thing awhile back? Don't judge you need to look at yourself in the mirror too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum