Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody elses chrome been slower than usual and not showing pages?

+2
Metalzoic
JrTapia1991
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it'll act like a website is unavailable or load VERY slowly like it's been doing on here all today for me pretty much. It'll fix itself when I keep refreshing the page though....it had a new update yesterday I believe where it automatically opens up a google search in a new tab.

I was trying out firefox, but to be honest it was loading sites way too slow for me in comparison to how fast chrome is. And I didn't get this SSD to sit around lol. Firefox also didn't like the quick reply box on here (SEC) . I uninstalled no script, and restarted firefox but it never fixed it. Think all I had on firefox was http secure, adblock, and ghostery to try them out

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

We quit using it last year because it always seemed to get gummed up.
We've just been using the newest Explorer since then.

Kaitlynn

Kaitlynn

Can't say I've had any issues even with the update.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

how many plug ins and addons do you have installed? those can slow down your experience quite a bit. I have the problem of whenever I first run chrome after I boot up my PC it doesn't remember the size and position of the window so I always have to resize it.

Other than that mine works fine.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Metalzoic wrote:We quit using it last year because it always seemed to get gummed up.
We've just been using the newest Explorer since then.
Explorer? Really?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

the new internet explorer is actually pretty snappy and loads stuff pretty quick, I just don't use it because I find ad block essential for browsing the internet, and IE doesn't have any add ons pretty much. When they make ad block for IE, I'd try it out.

for chrome, all I have is ad block, and a weather app, and web of trust (WOT), all of which I've had for awhile now and no problems, it's just been since this new chrome version, maybe they're incompatible with it? You'd figure big name things like that would update for the new chrome...the weather app I use is by the real weather.com, pretty much the most used one for chrome.

I do have this other add on called "lights out" which will dim the background when you click it while you're watching a video. Makes viewing MUCH better to me on youtube,etc. due to the big contrast between the stark white background, and general dark colored vids, I didn't have any trouble with it either until the new update.

I wouldn't of even updated if I didn't have to, I opened up chrome yesterday and it had already done it haha.

I suppose until it's done, I'll use firefox, even with firefox taking longer to load stuff,it's still faster than refreshing the page 5 times over in chrome which I'm having to do pretty often.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Jr install this it'll make youtube have a black background.

http://chrome.google.com.evx.ca/yt-dark-theme/

Anybody elses chrome been slower than usual and not showing pages? Youtube_dark_theme_v12_0_8_for_google_chrome_by_everplex-d6hwv1p

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Explorer 10/11 is actually decent as far as general consumers go. I'm just biased because I hate the piece of shit. It's still one, if not THE, crappiest browser for HTML5 related stuff.

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

You have any extra toolbars/searchbars installed on it? I only ask cause that was what was really slowing down my Aunt's pc when I went and worked on it last week. It would take about 5 minutes to load a page until I took that off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum