You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] So how are the new maps?

+3
Metalzoic
Grey
Artimise Flare
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[BF4] So how are the new maps? Empty [BF4] So how are the new maps? 2013-10-29, 09:01

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Topic.

I'm still finishing up the SP (which as others have said is really really meh) at least it's not flossed with quick time events (though even on hard, the computer isn't all that difficult to kill)

So far the weapons feel very solid in SP, I was surprised at how slow the Rex shoots as opposed to how it was in BF3.

I may be on tonight, late at least since I honestly didn't get much sleep this past night and will likely crash as soon as I get home from my shift.

Will definitely have to run with y'all if you're up.

Grey

Grey

From what I've seen. The 360 maps are actually scaled for 24 people. Really nice.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I was to tired to go pick it up last night so I'll pop into the office for an hour until Gamestop opens, then take off and play.

Flood zone actually is pretty terrible imo

The rest seemed cool though

Ante

Ante

Really? It looked awesome in the videos from JackFrags and Levelcap. Sadness.

Yea none of us particularly liked it

Granted we only played 1.5 matches on it though so it might change

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Right now everyone is in the learning stages, so the maps may not really show their colors until
People actually develop more effective strategies for them.

That said, a real shame that, Flood looked like it would be a blast.

As of now spawning on B or C is pure suicide

Everyone camps the roofs and waits for people to spawn on those flags

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ante wrote:Really? It looked awesome in the videos from JackFrags and Levelcap. Sadness.
Yeah that is weird. Most reviewers seem to think it is amazing.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Sym wrote:As of now spawning on B or C is pure suicide

Everyone camps the roofs and waits for people to spawn on those flags
Just going anywhere near B or C is pretty much a death sentence if the enemies hold those flags. There's just so many weird angles up there to get shot from.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Air support sounds like it would be extremely important in regards to taking those flags then, on too of some really kick ass coordination with a squad or two.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Air support sounds like it would be extremely important in regards to taking those flags then, on too of some really kick ass coordination with a squad or two.
Yeah if there are a lot of people on the roofs it's almost impossible to get any kind of hold. People are just camping the doorways. It was super frustrating to play that map the both times we did.

Oh also Golmud railroad...it was fun but damn is the train ever disappointing. It's just one car. I imagined it to be an entire train. It looks really dinky and I was pretty disappointed by that.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

You think it'll get better when people unlock the air burst and mortars?

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:You think it'll get better when people unlock the air burst and mortars?
Air burst is default for support...mortars might help but you seldom see supports running around. It's still all about medic training from what I've seen so far.

The Ak12 is still ridiculously good.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:You think it'll get better when people unlock the air burst and mortars?
Air burst is default for support...mortars might help but you seldom see supports running around. It's still all about medic training from what I've seen so far.

The Ak12 is still ridiculously good.
Ugh, that's really depressing man, hopefully that will change when more weapons and so on are unlocked.

StormEye

StormEye

XM25 is cheating device.

If I continue to suck at sniping, then I'm going to start sniping with XM25 instead.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'm normally not one for infantry maps, but my god Zahvod 311 is incredible. I absolutely love it.

Was completely rocking with the bolt action rifle.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/395328310509778432/255002912/

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:I'm normally not one for infantry maps, but my god Zahvod 311 is incredible. I absolutely love it.

Was completely rocking with the bolt action rifle.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/395328310509778432/255002912/
There's vehicles on 311? Are you thinking of operation locker?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

No, this one was definitely Zahvod 311, there were helicopter present in the game as well as jeeps. I don't remember if there were tanks or not. The whole map was just absolute chaos.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:No, this one was definitely Zahvod 311, there were helicopter present in the game as well as jeeps. I don't remember if there were tanks or not. The whole map was just absolute chaos.
there are IFVs MBTs and mobile artillery on that map too iirc.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I didn't like flood and everything else was pretty good except for attackers on that map that looks like Gulf of Oman, the defenders are so well protected, plus they have a LAV.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:yeah I didn't like flood and everything else was pretty good except for attackers on that map that looks like Gulf of Oman, the defenders are so well protected, plus they have a LAV.
Yeah Hainan Resort I think it was...the starting base on rush reminds me of Isla from BC2 you have to come in from the water.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum