New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

» The Lounge » Archives » Slugs

Slugs

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Slugs Empty Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:19

The first time I used these when I first got the game I hated them and decided they sucked.

Well they're actually really awesome on pump actions, autos are a bit too weak but whatever.

So I was just wondering - does anyone else YY with slugs? I did it for one round and made a LOT more kills than usual (almost all were in multi-team scenarios or on spawning, oblivious squad mates) and I stopped zooming in for mid-range kills which granted a lot more points too.

so how do you use them?

And on a side note do you prefer to set up road/stair traps with C4 or use a quad bike?

Oh and for a bit of bragging (sorry) I just got my 553rd 870 MSC kill last game - it's definitely going to be my fastest plat, only at 5 hours or so elapsed and half an hour of that came from when I first-got the game and sucked.

2Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:23

I love me my buckshot but yah slugs are awesome in this game. The way I used slugs is to scope in really quick so I can lock on to the target and shoot him.

3Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:26

I don't use YY because I think it's cheap (but what do I know, I don't even play MP games anymore for a reason)

Pump actions with slugs are awesome, but I personally think that they're OP and the easiest weapon in the game to use, because they're a 2SK anywhere, and OSK with headshot or up close at any range. I feel ashamed to have used them for such a long time; even the AN-94 is harder to use than slugs. Shotguns only aren't given as much attention because nobody would expect them to be good, but they are the best weapon in game, by far.

I've used C4 traps before, but mainly because I was a sniper and forgot to bring a mortar strike, and it was just improvised.

4Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:46

Yeah but you only have one shot in a 1v1 - and it's Battlefield so there's usually three of the guy's teammates ready to kill you.

They take a ton of trigger discipline/aim to work, and even then I don't notice them to be full-out EZ mode like the AN94 (which I make a lot more kills with, but don't use anymore). Most of my kills are still CQB which is shotgun territory in any game.

And when people start using them I think that's the time for some sort of collective judgment call. On the PC with the precision behind the mouse they're unstoppable, but on the console with two sticks and online latency they get hosed a lot. I saw a few people copy me, but they seriously couldn't get me and one switched back to the M60 and the other the VSS.

5Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:54

Still, all you have to do, is point-and pull the trigger and they died. I platinumed two of them, and I can safely say that they are VERY OP, especially if magnum ammo. They also take little skill to use, because you don't need to constantly shoot somebody; you only need to shoot once or twice. Why else do you think I used them?

6Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:56

You know I don't really know, you're such a massive ball of negativity so it doesn't really make sense that you don't enjoy video games and constantly feel like your team's performance is tied to how well you do in game, and that most of the time the slightest slip-up causes your team to lose terribly.

And again, shotguns in general have little to no percentage of the console kill share, therefore they're not that good. Fun as hell yes, challenging somewhat, unstoppable no.

7Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 22:57

I think they you have to kind of get used to them first, since you only have once bullet that comes out at once. And with a machine gun you are able to miss a couple shots and still be able to take someone down.

8Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:00

bla I missed you

9Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:02

I missed you too =]

10Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:06

JDM_Jev wrote:You know I don't really know, you're such a massive ball of negativity so it doesn't really make sense that you don't enjoy video games and constantly feel like your team's performance is tied to how well you do in game, and that most of the time the slightest slip-up causes your team to lose terribly.

And again, shotguns in general have little to no percentage of the console kill share, therefore they're not that good. Fun as hell yes, challenging somewhat, unstoppable no.

I'm not negative, just merely speaking the truth. The only reason people don't use them is because they think shotguns would probably be underpowered, like in most games. And yes, I have learned to accept responsibility for any loss, because I have learned that it must be me, because of what statistics show. I've gone 42-3, 30-1, 37-2, and many scores like that in CoD games often, only to have my team lose. Do you know why that is? Because if I hadn't died, I may have called in a killstreak to help my team, or the enemy team wouldn't have had killstreak that allowed them to win, or my team might have won by those 2 kills or so. In BC2, I'm a Recon. Recons have constantly been bashed for being: "retarded" "wookiee" "worthless", and many other such names. So yes, my slip-ups cause losses VERY frequently, because my W/L in MW2 and CoD4 show it. The only reason I have even have ANY wins in BC2 is because I play with the SeC; before I played with them, my W/L ratio was just below 1, meaning I did nothing but leech wins from them, which isn't fair.

11Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:10

Yeah but there's this thing called the objective which is what actually determines the win in the game, not some guy walking around slugging people from across the map, outside of SDM or something.

I used to never go for the objective, spam the CG and use attack helicopters (still use choppers, but it's a hard habit to ween). Are you honestly going to tell me that they take more skill than a single-shot rifle (basically what a slug shotgun is...)?

Heli road-killing and shooting down attack helicopters with an untraced CG maybe, but that's not even on the radar screen for my total kills made with them. All-Kit Assault is underpowered and slugs aren't much of a game changer.

12Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:12

except when your epic and can shotgun snipe a chopper pilot xD

13Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:14

yeah but I have much more ease just-CG'ing a transport, even if it doesn't give you kills most of the time it's still easier.

Especially with that tracer dart.

14Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:16

Yes, but I ACTUALLY go for objectives too, as well as defend them. I played TDM and Domination in MW2, and I was often the only person going for flags, to assure we don't get spawn killed, and trying to take more flags to make sure we won, but I couldn't do something as easy as simply keep 2 flags under control by myself, and win. And in TDM, that ruined it.

In BC2, I try to guard objectives, and will defuse if I have to, but I'm often reduced to fighting off enemies with a pistol when I'm playing as Recon, or even when I have a shotgun, because after the first shot, you have to swap or die. I don't where my teammates are usually, but they're probably doing something ACTUALLY beneficial to the team, like killing off enemies near the other objective, or if there isn't one, keeping enemy vehicles at bay, or something. That's the only explanation I have for when I'm playing alone.

As for the shotgun, it's a OSK at close range or to the head, any range; otherwise a 2SK, no matter what. It has 4 rounds, that can fire quickly, an interruptable reload sequence, an interrupable cycling sequence, is better than a sniper because you can aim faster, with less bullet drop. It's the god weapon. If somebody like me can get a 2.0 K/D, it must be the best weapon in the game, there's no other explanation.

Too bad sniping chopper pilots with a shotgun takes no skill, and ANYBODY can do it if they actually try. :/

15Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:17

It just depends on what your good at and what your preferences are. We can argue all day about this but no one is going to change their mind.

16Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:28

yeah really, I can't snipe chopper pilots, nor can 99.999% of the BF community, even with an actual recon weapon.

let's all start feeling cheery and get back on topic since I don't wanna lock requested or something.

And let's all laugh at all the peasants in public who can't wrap their head around the concept of using something that takes skill, especially if it isn't automatic and totally lacks a learning curve.

17Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:32

Well...whatever...I was just trying to make a point. I have video proof of how I have shamed the SeC, but since we're trying to get back on topic/"cheery", I'll wait for another day to prove it to you.

18Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:33

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Well...whatever...I was just trying to make a point. I have video proof of how I have shamed the SeC, but since we're trying to get back on topic/"cheery", I'll wait for another day to prove it to you.
Could I see this video where you "shamed" us?

19Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:34

we're all good bro

and maybe one day you will, however with everything evidence-related pointing elsewhere you may have to cope with the fact that you're just good.

20Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:40

Ante

Ante

I'm insulted. I'm pretty good with slugged shotguns and I have to say they are one of the hardest weapons to use in the game. They require an incredible amount of precision, if you don't get that headshot you're fucked. I don't have any idea where you get off saying they're the noobiest weapon in the game, you're a psychopath dude. Have you ever been killed by an AN-94 before?

21Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:43

Yes, I have, but what I mean is, it only takes one or two shotgun slugs, from any range to kill you, vs. 4-5 by the AN-94. As angry as that gun makes me, I finally just decided that mines even worse. And no, I'm not a psychopath. Psychopaths kill for pleasure, which is certainly not something I would ever do.

22Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:48

Thats a serial killer.

23Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-21, 23:49

Ante

Ante

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Yes, I have, but what I mean is, it only takes one or two shotgun slugs, from any range to kill you, vs. 4-5 by the AN-94. As angry as that gun makes me, I finally just decided that mines even worse. And no, I'm not a psychopath. Psychopaths kill for pleasure, which is certainly not something I would ever do.

Dude, it takes a fraction of the time to get hit by 4-5 AN-94 bullets compared to 2 shotgun rounds. You know what, nevermind I'm done, I don't get you.

24Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 01:00

StormEye

StormEye

As I have said in the party chat before, I do similar things with Bolt Action rifles, just with an addition of scope 4x. If not, then I would use slugged shotgun. I like using M95 now, since I have been getting more consistent with the shot placement, though the bad side to the BA rifles are that you cannot chamber cancel, since you are forced to go through the cycle again if you cancel it. Fricking shotgun gets to do it though, and with higher rpm. Darn it. LoL

But I like the addition of optics so, meh~

Though, if I role with tightly bound squad, I would use semi-auto, as you have seen me doing so, and get tons of kill assist. LoL

25Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 01:15

The things with slugs is that it takes precision at range to get kills. Precision is the skill. They're slow to fire and limited on ammo.

26Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 01:38

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I can't see the head when my crosshair is blocking me.

Also, you forgot to mention the OPness of the NS2000 ammo glitch.

And the fact that with magnum you get an even farther OHK range than normal buckshot. To put it simply, if you are in range to hipfire OHK an enemy with buckshot, you can step back a few meters and hipfire the body of your opponent.

Makes me angry when people figure out that a slug can beat the spray at ANY range.

27Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 01:40

remShotz wrote:Makes me angry when people figure out that a slug can beat the spray at ANY range.

See? I was right. Smile

28Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 15:42

Ante

Ante

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:
remShotz wrote:Makes me angry when people figure out that a slug can beat the spray at ANY range.

See? I was right. Smile

No, you're not. It's your opinion, and not many people share it.

29Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 19:17

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Slugs are OP, but ONLY in REALLY skilled hands. whats not really strong about a OHK from anywhere within 20ft.

That being said I'm with Ante and some of the others on this. A person who is that good at hitting on the first and/or the second shot is really rare. So therefor useing slugs is much harder than unloading an enitre AR clip downrange. I use slugs and I love them, but part of the reason is because I know who to engage and fight and who to avoid. You really got to be selective on where you go, and who you fire at.

Oh and whoever said chopper sniping is easy. Up yours. It is not easy, I have tried time and again and I only have 1. Maybe your just super-badass, ever thought of that?

30Slugs Empty Re: Slugs 2010-10-22, 21:51

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Yes, but I ACTUALLY go for objectives too, as well as defend them. I played TDM and Domination in MW2, and I was often the only person going for flags, to assure we don't get spawn killed, and trying to take more flags to make sure we won, but I couldn't do something as easy as simply keep 2 flags under control by myself, and win. And in TDM, that ruined it.

In BC2, I try to guard objectives, and will defuse if I have to, but I'm often reduced to fighting off enemies with a pistol when I'm playing as Recon, or even when I have a shotgun, because after the first shot, you have to swap or die. I don't where my teammates are usually, but they're probably doing something ACTUALLY beneficial to the team, like killing off enemies near the other objective, or if there isn't one, keeping enemy vehicles at bay, or something. That's the only explanation I have for when I'm playing alone.

As for the shotgun, it's a OSK at close range or to the head, any range; otherwise a 2SK, no matter what. It has 4 rounds, that can fire quickly, an interruptable reload sequence, an interrupable cycling sequence, is better than a sniper because you can aim faster, with less bullet drop. It's the god weapon. If somebody like me can get a 2.0 K/D, it must be the best weapon in the game, there's no other explanation.

Too bad sniping chopper pilots with a shotgun takes no skill, and ANYBODY can do it if they actually try. :/

ok see that right there doesnt fly. "its so easy to get a shotgun kill on a guy in a roflcopter" no it isnt thats like saying "its easy to knife a moving target" or "nukes on mw2 are SSOOO easy (not oma dc tube) its not fucking easy! and not to mention the it detection does not make slugs easy to use. and most likely u can get maybe 2 if ur lucky shots off. they are average and not op, that like saying bolt actions are op cause they a virually the same with rds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» The Lounge » Archives » Slugs

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum