Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[FO:NV] There is only one laugh to describe getting shotguns with slugs...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Especially vs. targets with armour that think they're safe (especially "Powder Puffs", as I call them).

I went through rooms of them without getting touched, and they only could get a tiny bit of a word out of their mouth, before getting shut up.

Wait fallout has slugs for shotguns?

Valukar

yeah, but it just lowers the spread 65% so it's not actually a single bullet.

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Ingsmasher wrote:yeah, but it just lowers the spread 65% so it's not actually a single bullet.

Pretty much this, but it's still MUCH more effective against pieces of shit in body armour.

Valukar

That shouldn't work unless his armor sucks really horribly. Since shotguns have very little base damage (multiplied by 7, of course) they get raped by even the smallest damage threshold. So if your shotgun does 4.5x7 damage and the target has a damage threshold of 3, you're really doing closer to 1.5x7 damage, which sucks.

No, the damage is counted as one number, if you check when you have slugs equipped. For example, my single .20 gauge shotgun does 36 with slugs right now. I need to get the cowboy repeater fixed up, and make more .357 ammo; it does about the same damage, but can fire 7 rounds instead of one before reloading.

Valukar

Oh, I didn't use slugs for very long so I must not have noticed that. I guess the reduced spread just means that one shot is more accurate.

Yeah, they work better against armoured targets too; even my magnum buckshot ammo for my 20 gauge does jack shit to armoured targets. I need better weapons, I'm only level 5 though.

Btw, do you ever get a house, like in FO3?

Valukar

Just use armor piercing ammo for now. It ignores 15 of the target's damage threshold so where you're at in the game it puts most enemies in the negatives.

And you can get multiple homes, the first being in Novac.

I have some AP rounds, but not nearly enough. All my guns are weak too. Once I level up again, I'm hoping I'll get the perk that lets me make more different types of rounds, so I can make the AP rounds in .357 for the Cowboy repeater.

Same

Same

I though tyou could make them without a perk. You just lead or something which I have like 1800 of

btw what do you craft?

I never seem to have enough items for ammo D:

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Are you going to get the shotgun surgeon perk, Kitsune? And don't forget to grab the La Longue Carabine as soon as possible.

Also, there are 12 gauge magnum shells that seem really powerful:

Gun CND x 1.15, DAM x 1.15, High powered, use against heavy
hitters

Same

Same

Higurashi wrote:Are you going to get the shotgun surgeon perk, Kitsune? And don't forget to grab the La Longue Carabine as soon as possible.

hitters

Higu why can't I find enough items for making bullets fit for my 10mm Sub machine gun or that gun/varmint rifle?

Valukar

Barnold wrote:
Higurashi wrote:Are you going to get the shotgun surgeon perk, Kitsune? And don't forget to grab the La Longue Carabine as soon as possible.

hitters

Higu why can't I find enough items for making bullets fit for my 10mm Sub machine gun or that gun/varmint rifle?
To make a bullet you need a case, primer, lead, and powder. Cases, primers, and powder are different for each weapon but lead is just lead.

You can get all of these materials from breaking down ammo, or you can turn scrap metal into lead. You can find cases on bodies and you can buy boxes of primers and jars of powder from anyone that sells guns.

Go to a reloading bench to find out what you need to make that type of ammo and then buy the stuff you need. For example 10mm rounds require a 10mm case, lead, pistol powder, and a large pistol primer. I forget how much lead and powder it takes but I know it's just slightly more than 9mm rounds.

Yeah, the real bitch about making guns is trying to get primers more than anything else; you can always turn scrap metal to lead, you always have lots of powder from breaking down spare 9MM rounds, and you always have lots of hulls that you pick up everywhere, but in order to get a primer, you seem to have to destroy one type of shotgun shell for another. :/

And yes, silenced .22 pistols are somewhat easy to find. Can you ever find a .22 rifle?

Valukar

Kitsune no Kaji wrote:Yeah, the real bitch about making guns is trying to get primers more than anything else; you can always turn scrap metal to lead, you always have lots of powder from breaking down spare 9MM rounds, and you always have lots of hulls that you pick up everywhere, but in order to get a primer, you seem to have to destroy one type of shotgun shell for another. :/

And yes, silenced .22 pistols are somewhat easy to find. Can you ever find a .22 rifle?
There's a .22 smg, but that's all I know of other than the pistol.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Since 20 gauge shotgun shells suck, I break them down to make 12 gauge shotgun shells. Once you have a 12 gauge shotgun, you will never need 20 gauge shells.

Also, I bought the .22 smg from the Gun Runners, and it is amazing for stealth kills. It also has 180 rounds a mag, and you can mod it to make it 240 rounds a mag.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum