the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[FONV] Rex upgrade glitch????

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[FONV] Rex upgrade glitch???? Empty [FONV] Rex upgrade glitch???? 2010-11-04, 14:17

StormEye

StormEye

I went with Lupa's brain in Caesar's base, for extra defense. It increases his HP, not noticed DT improvement or heard of it online.

It seems like the upgrade is slightly glitched where it displays the Current/Base HP like this.

452/352

Something like that.

Heard there is even worse bug where he turns into a wimp with 100/0, but luckily I did not get that (or maybe it is SUPER rare to get that wimpy glitch).

Just wondering if anyone else noticed the glitch.

Also, what upgrade did you guys choose for him???

D

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Rex_%28Fallout:_New_Vegas%29

Check out the list of bugs at the bottom of the page, I just skimmed but I think I saw one thing that look similar to what you describe.

StormEye

StormEye

I hope that 440 vase HP means that that is HP AFTER the upgrade. If not, then I got shafted with 450 something hp.

10 HP increase means nothing!

LoL

D

Check this out:

After replacing Rex's brain with Lupa's, his health was set to 540/440 (440/440 being the default). Upon taking damage that reduced his health beneath 440, it could not be restored past 440. This obviously made Lupa's brain's "Blood of the Legion" perk effectively useless.

This sounds closer to what you're experiencing.

D

And how the **** did you beat Lupa? I get my ass handed to me whenever I try.

StormEye

StormEye

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DID get shafted, if 440 is an absolute base.

I only have 1 charisma, so I expect to not receive any companion benefit, so hopefully that 540 is with charisma benefit.

StormEye

StormEye

Kenneth wrote:And how the **** did you beat Lupa? I get my ass handed to me whenever I try.
Circle strafe at a constant speed with and angle rotation aimed mostly at its tail. Only got hit a few times.

D

Rex is a loose cannon anyways. I don't really use any companions so far except for ED-E as a mobile storage unit.

D

StormEye wrote:
Kenneth wrote:And how the **** did you beat Lupa? I get my ass handed to me whenever I try.
Circle strafe at a constant speed with and angle rotation aimed mostly at its tail. Only got hit a few times.

Ah, the circle strafe. I'm too impatient I guess. I was just VATSing it up and doing minimal damage LOL.

I used Violetta's brain for Rex for extra speed. Great, a faster loose cannon Neutral

StormEye

StormEye

Considering you are playing at harder difficulty, AND HC, I can see that Rex being HORRIBLE companion.

Though, I am playing in Normal, HC (so still have to worry about him dying), so he can take some damage (its at 100% to 100% damage exchange rate) and his knockdown is awesome.

StormEye

StormEye

Kenneth wrote:
StormEye wrote:

Ah, the circle strafe. I'm too impatient I guess. I was just VATSing it up and doing minimal damage LOL.

I used Violetta's brain for Rex for extra speed. Great, a faster loose cannon Neutral
Do not use VATS in that combat unless you are built as a melee character, since it seems like you still take TONS of damage while performing VATS moves.

D

LOL yeah it's been pretty difficult keeping him alive when he wants to charge every ****ing thing.

Getting to Jacobstown was interesting.

D

StormEye wrote:
Kenneth wrote:
StormEye wrote:

Do not use VATS in that combat unless you are built as a melee character, since it seems like you still take TONS of damage while performing VATS moves.

Ahh, the shoe is on the other foot now as you mentor me lol.

StormEye

StormEye

Its more like an exchange of idea. LoL

I wonder if Rei (Higurashi) would know any other information about this, since he seems like the Fallout guidebook of this place. LoL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum