You are not connected. Please login or register

[FONV] Gauss Rifle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-09, 14:15

StormEye

StormEye

Got myself YCS unique Gauss Rifle.

Creates nice LoL'ful moments, it only requires 75 Energy skill (unlike AM's 100 Guns), and I think it is basically Energy version of AM rifle.

Now all I have to see is how good the AM rifle is.

Probably after that, I will be able to tell which path I am sticking to (Energy or Guns) when I decide to play serious.

2[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-09, 17:15

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

You should consider doing an Explosives run. I'm doing one right now, and it's really fun. The Missile Launcher with the Splash Damage and all three ranks of Demolition Expert perks is insane.

3[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-10, 00:29

TheGM

TheGM

I keep running into guys that explosives don't even hurt.

It is like every 5th guy is not even fazed by a missle slamming into his chest, yet ripping the guy standing 7ft to his left apart.

4[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-10, 15:17

StormEye

StormEye

From my calculation, by the time I reach level 30, I can achieve 100 for everything (with help of skill books, and some being 90/95 but with equipment) except barter, medicine, unarmed, and melee.

Almost there with sneak, and explosive is on its way.

I will be able to test out explosive. Though, I would not be able to experience how it feels like to start off with explosive character, going through the struggles, but I will be able to test out all weaponry without having to suffer any penalty.

5[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-10, 17:02

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Except you won't have any explosive based perks. Demolition Expert immensely improves Explosives.

6[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-10, 18:53

StormEye

StormEye

Higurashi wrote:Except you won't have any explosive based perks. Demolition Expert immensely improves Explosives.
True, so true.

Though this character I am playing is mainly for having fun, experimenting, and figuring out. Learned a lot by doing some of the things.

7[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-11, 01:07

StormEye

StormEye

Ok. I just bought AM rifle and tested around Deathclaw area.

Basically it seemed that Gauss and AM rifle basically behaved same for me, apart from AP consumption, and my slight preference to Gauss/YCS.

I can only shoot AM rifle once per VATS, even with a perk added to Action boy, while I can shoot twice. I think If I get rank 2 action boy, I'll probably be able to shoot three times.

I did not notice much difference on AM rifle using AP rounds, since I think it just brings up the damage closer to Gauss just as is.

And I am assuming probably getting Hand Loading perk to create Match Grade Ammo, might even the score, but Gauss can just use MC rounds too.

Anyone else toyed around with both?

EDIT: Incendiary rounds for AM rounds are pretty fun to use. I think it is better choice than the AP rounds, since AM rifle can practically kill anything apart from Deathclaw, so far, resulting DT reduction totally unnecessary. Might as well let those Deathclaws burn before they reach you. LoL

8[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-11, 05:52

TheGM

TheGM

When you are sniping you are using the sneak criticals to drop targets mostly. You can still drop a Deathclaw with Sneak Crit with a Sniper Rifle for allot cheaper. It really comes down down to preference.

And a Sniper with .308 JSP rounds will tear them up. Sure you need Hand Loader but that is great perk to have if you use guns.

If you have Boone's Spooter perk and This Machine(M1 Garand) they rip DCs apart.

9[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-11, 13:23

StormEye

StormEye

Hand loaded .308 rounds do 1.5 times the damage, which basically puts it at par with regular AM rifle damage, right?

I have done sneak critical (with better critical perk) with AM rifle, and it did not drop them in one shot. Have not tried .50 AP rounds, though.

I definitely one shot sneak criticalled with YCS MC rounds.

10[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-11, 16:51

TheGM

TheGM

Yeah you might as well use the YCS then. Ammo is easier to get, I just turn SEC into MFC.

Try This Machine. I Sneak Crit the Legendary Deathclaw in the face and knocked him down to 25% health with one 1 .308 JSP. The Same guy ate 3 Drums of CZ-57 Avenger ammo.

11[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-11, 17:38

StormEye

StormEye

I have a feeling it is going to be possible to OSK sneak attack Legendary Deathclaw with YCS MC round if This Machine was able to drop it down to 25%. With added bonus from Lily's perk, the damage probably is near 300 without sneak critical taking affect (I'm not sure how much is sneak critical is anyway. LoL)

12[FONV] Gauss Rifle Empty Re: [FONV] Gauss Rifle 2010-11-12, 19:56

StormEye

StormEye

Cleared Quarry, and near Sloan of ALL Deathclaws with YCS.

YCS regular MF round only kills in headshot with sneak attack and better critical perk it seems. Though MC round is one shot anywhere as a sneak attack. Did not take too long to clear the entire place. LoL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum