Metalzoic
DRGN LRD 1213
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DL's Review! Empty DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 09:46

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

A review by a casual gamer.

Ok so I played Black Ops last night after I got home. The first thing I did was go t the multiplayer and I choose the combat training so as to play against some bots and get used to the game play. I haven’t played a COD game since WaW but I figured I would be able to jump back in with no problem. I was wrong. I thought the feel would be faster that BC2 but at first I felt like I was moving in slow motion for some reason. After a few games I jumped into a lobby for some Team Death match. The thing I Like about CoD is that the games are typically fast paced and fast playing. I have only played team death match but I see this taking over as my “by myself” shooter. I would say at the moment my favorite map is firing range. It’s a fun little map that reminds me of the old days of CoD.

One thing I thought I was going to like but I don’t is the currency system. You get money but you still have to reach a certain level to even unlock a gun so I don’t really see the point. I also thought I was going to like all the customization but for me I was just getting annoyed by it all. There are almost too many choices and I was getting frustrated trying to mess with it in between games. I did like being able to choose what kill streaks I got though. I do NOT want the RC car. I would just rather have the spy plane. The car to me was wonky to use. TO me I think they should either have gone all currency, or all level unlock. I think the combo of both is just irritating.

Wager matches! I LOVE this feature. I only played the gun game but it was a blast! Lots of exciting moments can occur here. I did great till I would get to the sniper rifles and then it was HARD! The maps are smaller so it’s hard to stay away from people to get that sniper shot I think! It’s also AWESOME to knife someone and take them back a tier!

Zombies. I only played one game of this and it was by myself so it wasn’t much fun. I can see this being fun with a group of 4 guys from the SeC t8ough.

Campaign. I played for about 30 minutes. I’ll not give away anything but the style of the way the story is told is kind of Meh to me. When I was playing I enjoyed it though. It had a lot of those epic CoD moments that I liked in other CoD games.

What this game has going for it. It has a TON of stuff to do for your money. I could see myself playing wager matches for weeks and this is just a small part of the game. SO I feel like this game is worth the money I spent on it. I will play this game, and I know I am going to have fun.

What is has against it. Last night it was laggy sometimes, and my connection was maxed out perfect so I know it wasn’t me. The hit detection is crap! I think it is worse than BC2 ever was. I would watch kill cams where the red dot would not be on me and it kills me. I know one guy would be pissed because I got the final kill of a game and my reticule was so far off it wasn’t funny.

I would give this game a 9 out of 10. It’s a great game with a ton of content.

2DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 11:44

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I did great till I would get to the sniper rifles and then it was HARD!

Same here. I was in first by a mile, but once I had to use a damn sniper I started sucking and ended up finishing 3rd. Haven't tried it again.

One in the chamber was fun and I won my first (and only) game by a landslide.

But what is with the betting system? The first tier you can only bet 10-20 and only win 30... wtf is the point of only winning 30? It should at least be a 100 - 200 wager. Maybe I'm missing something.

3DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 11:49

booolack ops!

4DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 11:52

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Metal,

I think you can wager more in the other two lobby's right? I don;t know because I just did the first one to try it out. Yea I was steamrolling at first till I got to the snipers. O well It was still fun I thought!

I also thought the car was kinda dumb!

5DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 12:17

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:
Zombies. I only played one game of this and it was by myself so it wasn’t much fun. I can see this being fun with a group of 4 guys from the SeC t8ough.

Campaign. I played for about 30 minutes. I’ll not give away anything but the style of the way the story is told is kind of Meh to me. When I was playing I enjoyed it though. It had a lot of those epic CoD moments that I liked in other CoD games.

Those are the only modes I've played so far...

Campaign - I agree that the way the story is told is very "meh" to me too. Overall though the campaign is pretty good, I've finished 9 of the 15 missions...playing through on normal difficulty this time, will go back and beat it on veteran later.

Zombies - 1 person zombies isn't very fun. I've played a little with 1 friend, but its best with at least 2-3 friends. I bought the hardened edition so I got a code to DL all the WAW zombie maps to play, hopefully those will be available for purchase through live for everyone so I can actually play those(since the 3-4 real life friends I have that are on Live didn't get the hardened edition).

Luckily I get off work today at 4:30 and don't come back until Monday morning, off for Veteran's Day tomorrow and took a vacation day Friday(gotta take 3 more by the end of the year or I lose them), so I'll have plenty of time to play the next few days.

Last edited by Bama Psycho on 2010-11-10, 17:06; edited 1 time in total

6DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 12:19

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i saw like pro'ish peope tryin to use the car and even they have a hard time, zombs is only good with a party of four, bc2 is faster than cod due to unimited sprint, thank god treyarch had the balls to make the sniper a marksmen weapon, wgaer matches sound like soo much fun, and metal ive heard you can doulbe down in the game lobby if everyone chooses to.

7DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 15:39

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

metal ive heard you can doulbe down in the game lobby if everyone chooses to.

Everyone has to choose it? Weird I wondered why I still only got 30 when I doubled down and won.

It just doesn't make sense to have a wager as low as 10 to win 30. I mean even if you do horrible and lose in a normal match you'll get a few hundred, so what is the point of winning such a small amount. I must be missing something, but there's several things I don't understand.

The leaderboards for Free-For-All show me with 1500+ kills. But my Stats say I only have 400 total kills? How does that work?

The ticker says 1500+ people have prestiged already? When I turned it on yesterday morning, just hours after it was released it said 1200 people had already prestiged. All the community stats seem way to high for it only being out 1 day.

They said Kdr wouldn't reflect in the objective games, but it still lowers your overall Kdr? Why?

Etc...

8DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 15:54

Ante

Ante

There's a glitch with the kill counter on the leaderboards.

1500 people probably have prestiged. Just because most of us got the game on release day doesn't means hundreds of people didn't get the game early.

K/D isn't tracked on the objective game leaderboards, it's tracked on your overall K/D because kills and deaths in objective games are still part of the overall online experience.

9DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-10, 18:07

I like the rc car......

10DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-11, 11:40

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I just have no luck with the damn car. Plus it seems to single me out to kill me!!!!

Last night was great Symbolic. I got that grim reaper in the care package and Otmis said I had at least 2 RC cars coming at me HAHA

11DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-11, 18:18

Yea good games yesterday DL

12DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-13, 15:58

fighter4u

fighter4u

Zombies is quite fun split screen with a friend, but online you do want four people. I love the new map those, it very scary and quite big. And the more modern weapons make you feel so bad ass to mow down all the zombies.

13DL's Review! Empty Re: DL's Review! 2010-11-13, 16:19

Wacco

The only complaint I have about zombies in this game is that it's so much harder. Even with 4 friends we only got to round 9 on five and 11 on the Nazi one. On Nacht der Untoten, I got to like 30, 20 on Verruckt, I think over a hundred on Shi No Numa solo (really easy on solo), and 32 on Der Reise. I think I just need to find a good strategy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum