Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stupid decision has turned out pretty good.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I, against my better judgement, decided to play the piano whenever the room kinda cleared out whenever I went with my Mom to a talent show at a local church. I don't like playing in front of people, because of how nervous it makes me, so I wait for the upper floor to clear, and everybody went and got snacks/drinks, and I played a couple songs on one of the uprights in the side room. Of course, my Mother hears me, and so does the pastor (he gave me a key years ago, but they had to replace the lock within the year I got the key, because it was getting old), and I'm told that I would be welcome to play on the grand piano (and it's nice, lol). So, I try to politely refuse, but I get the "I INSIST" look from a couple of people, so, I breakdown and start playing on the other one. I had to do everything not to have a nervous breakdown, but they liked my playing, so I'm welcome to come back and play on it any time, even on weekdays or whenever (students and trustworthy people can go in and play).

I'm happy and grateful that I've been given permission to go in, but it felt like my heart was going to burst from fear when I got caught playing piano.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

It pays to go outside your normal borders every once in a while.

I guess; people tell me I'm talented, but I still strongly dislike playing in front of other people.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

DrBob276 wrote:I guess; people tell me I'm talented, but I still strongly dislike playing in front of other people.

I know the feeling, man. Just ignore them. I know it sounds easier said than done, but just imagine you're in a comfortable place and that you're doing what you're doing purely for yourself. I've had people watch me practice playing drums as well as watch ,me sing with my band in rehearsals and during live shows. Just like it takes practice to play, it takes practice to play in front of people. Just do your thing, dude and fuck everyone else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum