I personally think you can and i try to most of the time

2The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 00:58

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Sure, I guess, if that's your thing.

3The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:00

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah well ive met people who think if you dont actively exploit every little flaw in the game then your a Bad player or a Scrub

4The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:10

Wacco

Yea, you can. And I try to all the time. By not resorting to using things such as the AN-94, you already show more honor than most other players. That said, it can come off as an arrogant sense of honor that you're better than everyone else.

5The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:13

Land somewhere in-between. Sure, using shit that's clearly superior to other shit all the time is boring, but you shouldn't ever not-use them either, because it's just like a game man. fun first, honor/not-fun broken shit second.

Hell, you people cease to exist when I shut my 360 off D_D I care what you think of me.

6The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:19

I usually try to keep honor when I play games but that might just be trying to prove I am better than most people that play the game....

7The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:22

I keep honour as much as I can; I've been leaning away from it though, because honestly I have fun with things that are OP, and when the whole lobby has it, I've decided that I may as well use it, because it's bullshit that I don't allow myself to. Hence why I've been using more vehicles and OP weapons in games.

8The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:26

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

But some things like Explosives with EXPL MK2 on small Maps is just ridiculous and highlights you as a bad player to me

9The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:29

I never use anything extremely OP, like the FAMAS in Black Ops (unless I pick it up), the M16 in CoD4, the SMGs in WaW, etc.

10The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:30

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I thought the AKS was the OP gun in BLOPS?

11The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:32

MEGA MILK wrote:I thought the AKS was the OP gun in BLOPS?

Contrary to popular belief, it's more about the fact that it's more easy to use than actually OP. The FAMAS/AUG are the only OP weapons, even though they aren't really that OP. The FAMAS more so than the AUG, because of the even easier to control recoil.

12The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:37

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I think that makes more noobish, not necessarily OP. It does need a slight nerf, though. They ought to make it and the AUG 4-5 shot kill.

13The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:39

AUG/FAMAS should be 30-25 weapons, IMO. They aren't that OP though; not compared to the CoD4 M16. People that complain about OP weapons in Black Ops should be forced to play a team of people in CoD4 using M16 w/ RDS, Frag x3, SP, and Deep Impact/SA, or an entire team of Dual Mag MP40 users with Juggernaut and Steady Aim in WaW. That is the definition of OP in CoD.

14The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I wanted an AUG on BLOPS

Seriously they need a nob only playlist so you can level up without people on like theyre 4th Prestige beating the snot out of you

15The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:44

Frostbyrn wrote:I wanted an AUG on BLOPS

Seriously they need a nob only playlist so you can level up without people on like theyre 4th Prestige beating the snot out of you

They need a playlist like this in every game, so I don't have new players on my team that don't know how to play.

16The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:47

They should have a Black Ops play list where the guns are actually Vietnam weapons instead of that prototype/illogical shit.

American involvement in the war was winding down by the time most of the guns in game actually had working prototypes...and how the fuck would any of the forces in game come across a FAMAS/AUG anyway? seriously, it's so stupid.

If you're going to make a cold-war game, at least use cold war guns.

17The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:53

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

What is the timeline of the game?

18The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:54

Vietnam-Cold War, but it's not very specific at all.

19The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 01:57

Also, the only weapons it really bothers me to see in this game and MW2, is the WA2000, because there is no way anybody would have one, at all, considering the number made and cost. But then again, I guess it's geared more towards fun, kinda how the XM8 is seen all over in the BC series though it was discontinued very quickly.

20The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 02:03

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Well, the Cold War lasted until 1991, so it's not unreasonable to speculate that some of the missions took place during the early or mid 80, during which most of the weapons would've been available.

Yeah, the XM series always kinda annoyed me. Would've rather had more European weapons, the M240B, Mk46 and Mk48, SCAR-H, etc.

21The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 02:15

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah i could think of quite a few good guns instead of the XM8 series

Or at least put in the XM8 Sharpshooter

22The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 13:48

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

BO takes place in the 60s if i remember and a flashback mission to 46 i think

23The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:22

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

xsilentshooterx wrote:BO takes place in the 60s if i remember and a flashback mission to 46 i think

Multiplayer is supposed to have a loose timeline from 60's - early/mid 80's it seems. I still haven't even started the SP...

24The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:27

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Really metal? Thats crazy talk. You should go play it now.

And as for MP timeline...since when did multoplayers have a story?(besides chromehounds, i cant think of any)

25The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:31

Yeah, this CoD has my favorite campaign so far.

As for playing with honor...
You either play unscrupulously, and abuse whatever you can, and exploit as much as possible... or you play with honor. It's all or nothing. The thing is that there are different degrees of what one would consider honorable. One guy may say "I won't use such and such weapon, or this combination of perks etc..." whereas one guy just refuses to use the RCXD.

Personally, I think anything that is included in the game is up for grabs. Use whatever you want to and damn anyone who says otherwise. Just don't exploit any glitches, and it's all good.

26The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:46

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'll try to get around to it. I still haven't played BC2 Sp yet either...
Hmmm... and I traded MW2 in without ever trying the Sp.

Not so much story timeline as a loose timeline for different weapons.

27The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:52

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I just finished the SP for BO. It was fun I thought! The Vietnam portions where really kick ass!

Honor in a vid game? Does it exist? LOL For me I don;t give a crap if someone thinks a gun is noob, or OP. I am just playing to have fun really and if the gun is there then I will use it at some point. When I see people bitch and moan so much about a gun it makes me WANT to use it just to mess with them more.

Glitches though yea I don;t use these and think its cheap. so I guess I have some vid game honor.

28The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:57

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Is the Sp co-op DL? If so want to take another run at it with me?

29The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 14:59

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

No just single player my man or I would love to.

30The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:10

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Damn. The most fun I had with Halo was co-opin' it up with you.

31The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:13

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea I had a blast doing the co op thing. My interest in Halo waned a ton when you left it man!

You still playin BO online? We should hit up some CTF, or zombies! Though I havn't had much time for online gaming lately =o(

32The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:27

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Yea I had a blast doing the co op thing. My interest in Halo waned a ton when you left it man!

You still playin BO online? We should hit up some CTF, or zombies! Though I havn't had much time for online gaming lately =o(

Yeah, Ive been having so much fun with BO that I haven't been playing BC2 with you guys lately. I'm down to play!

33The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:52

I miss you on BC2 Metal Sad

though everyone will be back for Vietnam :3

34The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:53

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Vietnam =o( Not getting this now.

35The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:55

Tater

Tater

wait DL.... your not getting the expansion? i musta missed something in my 5 day absence!

36The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 15:56

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Lead Based Toys wrote:I miss you on BC2 Metal Sad

though everyone will be back for Vietnam :3

Thanks man. I'm not gone though, just enjoying BO at the moment.

37The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 16:16

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I had to use the cash I was going to use to get Vietnam to buy a new tire for the wifes car. She blew a tire and screwed up the rim. ALl my spare cash is gone. Hell there are some xmas gifts that may be having to go back as well! Not been a fun few days.

38The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 16:17

that is unacceptable. I think we should do a bake sale or something so DL can get it first-day.

39The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 16:20

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Meh. I'll just have to wait till next month to try and scrap up some cash. Maybe I can sell plasma or something! HAHA

40The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 17:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I actually really loved Black Ops singleplayer unfortunately unlike BC1 the Singleplayer on BC2 felt phoned in and they actually completely ignore the BC1 storyline like it never happened

41The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 17:41

The BC2 story line was utter garbage.
Still fun to play through once, though.
Man, I hated that chopper pilot.

42The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 17:41

Frostbyrn wrote:I actually really loved Black Ops singleplayer unfortunately unlike BC1 the Singleplayer on BC2 felt phoned in and they actually completely ignore the BC1 storyline like it never happened

This. The first time I played BC2's storyline, I was just thinking, "WTF?!"

43The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 17:46

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

If they had put a Scene were you in an Airport Terminal or something and to learn the controls you had to escape from Cops that might have pulled the storyline together

Also i still think of the Chopper Pilot as Greg from here Very Happy

44The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 20:08

Duck

Duck

Max Cohen wrote:The BC2 story line was utter garbage.
Still fun to play through once, though.
Man, I hated that chopper pilot.

Dude... **** you. That guy was the man.

Kidding... but seriously. THE MAN.

45The Age old Debate Empty Re: The Age old Debate 2010-12-16, 20:16

Duck

Duck

Im somewhat honorable. I mainly use the thompson and garnad right now, which are pretty terrible. I platinumed the XM8 cause I love the XM8 and pretty much the M4 just happened because I felt like platinuming a gun and it was just the assault rifle I used when I had to use an assault rifle. But I like being different. I'd probably have better stats if I always used good guns...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum