We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

My nexus s impressions.....

+2
TheGM
D
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My nexus s impressions..... Empty My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 17:08

So I just got my nexus s (my christmas gift because I sold my other phone early) and holy crap is the screen amazing. The phone also has been flying at everything I have thrown at it with 0 lag. I will update with detailed impressions when I use the phone for a week or 2.

D

Pics nao

Not my picture but the screen looks way better in real life. You can also see it really well in sunlight.

My nexus s impressions..... 47598_10150360815895711_571875710_16462627_2074278_n

D

Looks pretty sweet. Touchscreen keyboard or is there a slide out keyboard?

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:Looks pretty sweet. Touchscreen keyboard or is there a slide out keyboard?
Touch but they finally fixed the keyboard on android. Very Happy

I feel confused looking at the phone already, lol. Is this one of those brand new phones? It looks more like a mini-computer than a phone.

D

T-800 wrote:
D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:Looks pretty sweet. Touchscreen keyboard or is there a slide out keyboard?
Touch but they finally fixed the keyboard on android. Very Happy

Oh nice.

DrBob276 wrote:I feel confused looking at the phone already, lol. Is this one of those brand new phones? It looks more like a mini-computer than a phone.
Yah smart phones these days are more like mini computers.

It just blows my mind how incredible that is though. Sad I've never even seen a phone like that before. I thought cell phones in general were crazy, lol.

10My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 17:53

DrBob276 wrote:It just blows my mind how incredible that is though. Sad I've never even seen a phone like that before. I thought cell phones in general were crazy, lol.
Well maybe you should go to your local best buy and check them out.

11My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 18:00

TheGM

TheGM

Pretty soon they will phase the phone part out and you just talk with your thumbs!

12My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 18:07

D

I'm waiting for the cellphone implants myself.

13My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 18:33

But then we would not have any more games, cameras, and interwebz.

14My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 21:05

Zillah

Zillah

T-800 wrote:Not my picture but the screen looks way better in real life. You can also see it really well in sunlight.

My nexus s impressions..... 47598_10150360815895711_571875710_16462627_2074278_n

Thats a pretty sexy looking phone.
How does it match up with the almighty iPhone (functionally)?

15My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 23:22

hotdamnitssam wrote:
T-800 wrote:Not my picture but the screen looks way better in real life. You can also see it really well in sunlight.

Thats a pretty sexy looking phone.
How does it match up with the almighty iPhone (functionally)?
They are both the around the same speed with the nexus s lagging in the browser because of flash and a memory leak.

16My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-18, 23:46

sheep

sheep

I think its ugly.

I'm waiting for Eye Camera! Where you can look at something and take a picture using your eye.

Being a cyborg would be awesome. cyborg sheep = mind blowing

17My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 00:05

Zillah

Zillah

sheep wrote:I think its ugly.

I'm waiting for Eye Camera! Where you can look at something and take a picture using your eye.

Being a cyborg would be awesome. cyborg sheep = mind blowing

Or contact lenses that act as a HUD? that would be sick.

And cyborg sheep made me think of this - have you ever seen Wallace and Gromit, A Close Shave?

Spoiler:

18My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 00:13

sheep

sheep

I love Wallace and Gromit! I don't like metallic doggies though, they bite too hard.

19My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 02:58

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I'm waiting for the retna computure.
Seems like a holo screen pops up in front of our face, but it all takes place in your eye!

Noa plox

20My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 14:58

Awesome MD wrote:I'm waiting for the retna computure.
Seems like a holo screen pops up in front of our face, but it all takes place in your eye!

Noa plox
That is like 20+ years away and will most likely not happen since people could hack into it and cause you to see things.

21My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 15:02

So I just converted a video for the phone and holy crap it looks amazing. I am actually able to get the native resolution from the DVD on the phone.

22My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 15:24

I still want a goddamn shoe phone.

My nexus s impressions..... Get_smart_shoe_phone

23My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 15:25

Max Cohen wrote:I still want a goddamn shoe phone.

My nexus s impressions..... Get_smart_shoe_phone
Why not but your phone in a shoe and talk into it?

24My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 16:14

D

I want something along the lines of Leela's arm thingy.

25My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-19, 16:22

Galaxy S is still the best phone ive used. I wont be changing phones for a good while.

26My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-20, 18:33

So I have only been able to test out one high quality 3D game (NFS: shift) I have to say that it looks and plays amazingly. I can nto wait when android starts getting more games from the iphone. Also does anyone want to see a photo quality or video test?

27My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 18:00

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ok Tom. You told me once that I was dumb for waiting until Gingerbread came out...

Now what do you think? Do you owe me a taco or what?

28My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 21:42

Metalzoic wrote:Ok Tom. You told me once that I was dumb for waiting until Gingerbread came out...

Now what do you think? Do you owe me a taco or what?
Yah but the difference in gingerbread in minimal and dual core is next year. Though I will get you a taco if you want. Do you like del taco?

29My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 21:51

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What do you mean by dual core? Phone cpu's?
Never tried Del Taco, sounds delicious!

30My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 22:23

Metalzoic wrote:What do you mean by dual core? Phone cpu's?
Never tried Del Taco, sounds delicious!
Yes dual core CPU's but I would still get the nexus s just because that it will always get updates first. (I actually just got an update)

Del Taco is like a better taco bell with a more authentic taste. (there burgers and fries are also amazing)
Menu: http://www.deltaco.com/menu.html

31My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 22:42

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

There's Del Tacos all over around here I've just never actually tried it.

32My nexus s impressions..... Empty Re: My nexus s impressions..... 2010-12-24, 22:43

Metalzoic wrote:There's Del Tacos all over around here I've just never actually tried it.
*gives metal a dollar to go buy a chicken taco*

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum