Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you say the best movie this decade is?

+13
The Adli Corporation
zachattack46
TexasMace
Metalzoic
Tater
Heebs
Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11
Zillah
Patrick Star
TheGM
Keyser Söze
Frostbyrn
Khfan60
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Khfan60

Khfan60

I say The Dark Knight. Or Clerks 2....

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

No freaking ideas i got kind of sick of movies after i realized everything had a Romantic sub plot

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Piemasterjelly wrote:No freaking ideas i got kind of sick of movies after i realized everything had a Romantic sub plot

This is how I feel about most movies now a days, man. Always some chick-love interest involved somewhere. As if a movie plot can't develop without some poontang...

TheGM

TheGM

Tommy Chong wrote:
Piemasterjelly wrote:No freaking ideas i got kind of sick of movies after i realized everything had a Romantic sub plot

This is how I feel about most movies now a days, man. Always some chick-love interest involved somewhere. As if a movie plot can't develop without some poontang...

It is the lowest form of motivation. Something the sponged brained masses can get behind.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

TheGM wrote:
Tommy Chong wrote:

It is the lowest form of motivation. Something the sponged brained masses can get behind.

Most movies have evolved into horny dicks chasing after wet pussies, unfortunately. It's sad, man...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah its seriously starting to piss me off

Even the hardcore Historical war movies are getting them its fucking stupid

Khfan60

Khfan60

...And thats why the best movies came out before 2000, like Dirty Harry, The Warriors, Red Dawn etc.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

The best movies don't concern love interest, man.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im also sick of movies trying to be Realistic then making Characters do stupid shit that no one in RL would do

Like Tommorow when the War began

Spoiler:

The best movies do concern love interest, but tie it to something deeper.

See:

Brazil
Amelie

As for this decade... The Royal Tenenbaums. The first one that comes to mind, at least.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

i would say the warriors or lords of dog town.....maybe donnie darko Very Happy
EDIT:oh shit misread affraid

Zillah

Zillah

Dave Bowman wrote:The best movies do concern love interest, but tie it to something deeper.

See:

Brazil
Amelie

As for this decade... The Royal Tenenbaums. The first one that comes to mind, at least.

Cram you definitely are a hipster. Ive decided. not a bad thing im just sayin Very Happy

Zillah

Zillah

and if you want to get an idea of what the critics think are the best movies, check this list out.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt_year.php

I saw Man on Wire from there, that is such an awesome movie.

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

They didn't always have boring romantic sub plots? And what about those random sad scenes in movies? I hate those, too.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

No back in the day Movies focused solely on their Genres and didnt try to Add romance to something that was best left without it

Heebs

Heebs

i love movies with a romantic twist, so long as it isn't cheesy and overdone, or the female lead isn't WAY too strong/bitchy/unlikable.

but i also enjoy movies with no romance in it at all, depends on what the movie is. like Cram, i thought Amelie was very good, and it was about love in its various different forms.

i also enjoy films that are more artistic, or metaphoric, like i said, it just depends on what the genre is and who wrote the script and what the director chose to do with it.

at any rate, there are far too many good movies from this decade to choose a favorite, but to name a few i especially enjoyed Amelie, Bronson, Fish Tank, and Hot Fuzz.

Last edited by Heebs on 2010-12-30, 16:43; edited 1 time in total

Tater

Tater

Oldschool.... definitely Oldschool.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm not even sure which movies are from this decade...

TexasMace

TexasMace

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Shutter Island

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah LoTR sounds good

I also liked Avatar since i went to see it because i wanted to see what an Alien planet looked like apparently some idiots went to see it for the plot

I take my vote back.

The Departed.

Oh wait, Pan's Labyrinth?

Shit. I can't pick a movie from an entire decade.

Besides, I haven't seen any new movies in the past couple years.

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah Ive really stalled out on movies recently. So many come out i just cant keep up.

I havent been to the theater in months...

zachattack46

zachattack46

I don't watch many movies but I'd have to say clerks 2 lord of the rings was very well done but just don't think it should count due to the books and all.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Just saw Gullivers Travels and it was pretty funny

Zillah

Zillah

Piemasterjelly wrote:Just saw Gullivers Travels and it was pretty funny

The new one that just came out?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah theres just something about seeing jack black parody other movies and shit lol

Gavatar FTW

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

XXX housewives.

jokes.

it was awful.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Metalzoic wrote:I'm not even sure which movies are from this decade...

This. Anything before a couple of years just seems old, man.

Horror movies of tge last decade were a joke

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

This is true, unfortunately, man.

Wacco

I'm gonna say Lord of the Rings. Those movies were damn good, and I still watch em with my family whenever we have a break. Other than that, there are too many honestly. I saw some really good indie ones, like Shotgun Stories, but I can't really decide any one movie is the best of the decade.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Seriously, how are we expected to pick favourites over a period of the last ten years, when I'm willing to bet that most of us can't remember half the movies released in the last two years, man?

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11

Symbolic47 wrote:Horror movies of tge last decade were a joke

I feel so young right now. I didn't know they ever were any good.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Leeroy_Jenkins!!!!11 wrote:
Symbolic47 wrote:Horror movies of tge last decade were a joke

I feel so young right now. I didn't know they ever were any good.

The golden age of horror and splatter has long since passed, man.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Zombieland
>.>

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Really, man?

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Best in last 10 years?
Probably.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

C'mon, man...

Admin

Admin

Dragon ball live action movie?

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Screw this last decade, the next one has a Smurf movie. What could possibly top that, man?

Khfan60

Khfan60

I change my choice to The Hurt Locker. Honestly, it's probably the best movie about the war in Afganastan(sp?) ever made.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Afghanistan, man.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Thanks, im horrible at spelling the names of places. Razz

Admin

Admin

Fraggle rock?

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

What did you call my momma, man?

The hurt locker indeed rules

Duck

Duck

No matter the genre... its always satisfying to see the guy gets the girl in the end

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I think that is relative, man. Not all plots need a piece of ass to get them moving.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum