Chewy
1fnbighen
DRGN LRD 1213
Artimise Flare
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Thoughts? The 40mm is what's makes up the vast majority of my shotgun kills, for "buckshot" I've killed many people with it at decent ranges. This raises the question to if the 40mm shotgun is a little too powerful when compared to standard shotguns. To achieve the same OHK range at such distances, from my experience, one would either have to get a head shot or use slugs with magnum ammo. Some would argue what makes the 40mm shotgun balanced is its slow reloa time, and limit to one shot per load.

I for one support it's current state, but I've often heard complaints from other players that it's op. Granted I believe said complainers are used to the 3in Ohko range of shotguns from halo and cod.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well the 40mm has limited ammo, and longer reload time as being a one shot itme so I think its balanced. I for one do not like using it.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

you cant shoot again so i agree with its balanced, i dont liek using it though, limited ammo isnt really an issue becuase u can only fire i at a time and you are an assault

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Tue but if you blast a few fast shots you have to wait for it to reload.

It seems there is a reload order as well. For instance it seems to stock the guns for your bullets before your graandes, and secondary weapons so you could be waiting for a bit to get your ammo restocked.

Chewy

Chewy

I never really used it, I loved 40mm grenades and smokes too much. But it seems balanced because it's one shot at a time.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I wish I could just detach the damn thing and have c4 instead!!!

Chewy

Chewy

Or a 40mm c4 launcher.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA That would be sweet! When I role wit an AR i just never seem to use the secondary much. I will use the GL to make my own doors but I don;t use it for trying to get kills. Hell if I see someone by the time I flipped out the GL and aim I lost my shot!

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

i second detaching the damn thing

what if they added a bayonet attachment?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I'm not a fan of 40mm either, man...

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Holy crap a bayonet would be awesome!!!!!! HAHA

Ante

Ante

The 40MM shotgun has no damage drop off. You can get some crazy OHKs with lucky buckshot grouping.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Remember, you also have an assault rifle backing your 40MM.

Both of these kill at longer ranges than an all kit, and one of them can beat out an all kit at close range.

Ante

Ante

remShotz wrote:Remember, you also have an assault rifle backing your 40MM.

Both of these kill at longer ranges than an all kit, and one of them can beat out an all kit at close range.

Yep, rolling with the 40MM shotty gives you a long range weapon, a short range weapon, and your sidearm. Firepower get.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The 40mm sgn is situational, but by far the best between the two combat oriented 40mm attachments. I get kills with it all the time, and usually keep it up when I'm in buildings or capping a flag that's in one. It is particulary useful on panama canal on B where grenades can be used to flush them out into the open. It's also good for when that pesky ATV driver is rushing you and trying to run you over. The key for success with it, at least go me, is knowing when and where to use it. You won't snipe with it like an all kit shotgun with slugs, but it fills the middle ground nicely where you need the extra firepower especially against other shotguns, the ridiculous boost to ohk range for the 40mm sgn over a normal shotgun really does make a difference. It is the perfect companion for those assault players that use x4 too, since cqc abilities tend to be hindered by the zoom of the optic. I think last time I checked, I had close to 250 or 300 kills with the 40mm shotgun.

Tip, always flip it out before entering a building that has a flag, it's saved my life on multiple occasions.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Lots of hate for the 40mm shotty. I've been useing it a lot lately because I used it with the F2000, I really rely on it when I'm moving through buildings and tight areas. I have trouble useing the normal grenades anymore because they just don't kill things, adn I rarely NEED to destroy a wall.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I always have a NEED to destroy somethi9ng when playing! HAHA It's fun to blast shit up!!!!!

THe F2000 is pretty beastly close quarters I think.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The F2000 is OK in CQC but when its one on one all I need is one 40mm shotty round to end that fight. plus I think it sounds cool

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yes it does have a sweet sound!

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I always use the 40mm shotgun, since I very rarely use the 40mm grenade launcher. And I tell you, the shotgun is simply amazing. I'm a powerhouse with it, since I roll with an assault rifle, the REX, the shotgun and Magnum Ammo, boosting all 3 weapons.

I can't actually compare it to all kit shotguns, since the 40mm is more of a support weapon, than a main weapon due to reload speed. It has higher damage though and it's not uncommon for me to get double kills with it. It also has the highest kill range, because of its power.

All in all, an amazing support weapon and something I always trust.

TheGM

TheGM

It took me a week to get a plat with it.

Since Iron Sights are for men use extra grenades with the 40mm Shotgun. Body Armor is ideal since we are dealing with CQC here.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Don't listen to GM, Magnum ammo is the spec of champions.

TheGM

TheGM

Magnum ammo is the spec for people who don't know math.

I never use the 40mm shotgun. What do you not-already excel at while playing assault? The guns handle fine at close range, better than most at mid-long and you have unlimited ammo.

The shotgun could be worthwhile if it was in Vietnam, but its not so I enjoy the home wrecker power of the 40mm grenade. Too many assbags hiding in buildings in regular mode.

Even if its weak they usually panic and I have time to fire again and pick up on the kill. Or the 5,000 Gustav users will get it.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

GM is slysamurii some guy in your alternate BC2 community or clan?? If he is you can tell him he's a try hard! HAHA He shot me once and teabagged me like he was some ultimate dude! I laughed got his tags a few times and proceeded to destroy him!

TheGM

TheGM

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:GM is slysamurii some guy in your alternate BC2 community or clan?? If he is you can tell him he's a try hard! HAHA He shot me once and teabagged me like he was some ultimate dude! I laughed got his tags a few times and proceeded to destroy him!

Wow just fucking wow.

the Clan tag is bullshit and he is just somebody I played with before you guys.
I guess Captain Comment will have some crap to say about this now. Some of you where in a party with him yesterday.....yeah. They know.

Zillah

Zillah

if you look at denkirson, the 40mm shotgun is the best of the shotguns. it fires 12 pellets instead of 8, with no damage drop off.

But... im currently using the F2000 which is pretty good at close range, so im just sticking to the 40mm grenade for now.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Gotcha! Not bashing the rest of thos guys because I don;t know then but I saw that guy tea bagging me and I was like WTF is his problem! So I actually did tag hunt him a few times. ANd then I hear Derp say Damn DL why are YOU teabagging. THen I told him samurii was being a piss ant and Derp said he played with you so I was like WTH is he being a dick for then.

TheGM

TheGM

He is jealous that you guys took his GM away.

Sounds sad as all hell but it is probably fucking true.

Hell I think I heard Epyk facepalm when he was in the party with me and him.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Yea maybe he was pouty and shit.

If you Nemis me, or take my tags a bunch, or something else that just dominates me whatever teabag me. THis guy does it right off the bat I was like man you did nothiing to deserve to teabag so I had to zero in on him some! HAHA Tis all good I had my fun!

Zillah

Zillah

yeah he was getting mad at me for flying the hueys on phu bai conquest, calling me a chopper whore. Rolling Eyes

I was like, welll, if the choppers are there and no ones flying them, im gonna fly them. And then half the time he would get in the chopper and gun.

TheGM

TheGM

Hotdamnitssam wrote:yeah he was getting mad at me for flying the hueys on phu bai conquest, calling me a chopper whore. Rolling Eyes

I was like, welll, if the choppers are there and no ones flying them, im gonna fly them. And then half the time he would get in the chopper and gun.

It is fun fucking with him though. Call him out on his hypocritcal bullshit and he flips out!

You really wanna cheese him.....sick Khult on him.....He hates Khult.

Duck

Duck

I don't think the 40mm shotgun is overpowered, if you made it only as powerful as a regular pump shotgun it would be worthless cause those things can never reliably kill anything in one shot.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

TheGM wrote:
Hotdamnitssam wrote:yeah he was getting mad at me for flying the hueys on phu bai conquest, calling me a chopper whore. Rolling Eyes

It is fun fucking with him though. Call him out on his hypocritcal bullshit and he flips out!

You really wanna cheese him.....sick Khult on him.....He hates Khult.

Has Khult become the pissed off doberman that we sick on people, man?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum