the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who here has an iPod touch?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who here has an iPod touch? Empty Who here has an iPod touch? 2011-01-12, 11:32

My son has one and is locked out of it because his buddy fucked up the password he had. So now we can't unlock it. Is there a way to reset it?

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah i think after a few hours it should let you back in.

How long has it been?

It happened yesterday. It's still showing the password screen when I turn it on.

Zillah

Zillah

Hmm try hooking it up to the computer and see what that does.

If all fails they can always unlock it at the Apple store, kind of a hassle though

Yeah, I googled a walkthrough. Looks like hooking up to the PC is the way to go. I'll mess with it when I get home.

Same

Same

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Yeah, I googled a walkthrough. Looks like hooking up to the PC is the way to go. I'll mess with it when I get home.

Since we lost tom I will have to take his place..

Okay what you need to do is hook it up via the cable you get to the computer
and hold the power on button and the home button for a good 10 seconds. This will run it into DFU mode and will allow your ipod to be read and restored. When you restore it, you lose everything back to factory default settings. You can redownload everything once for free that you previously had. It shouldn't take long to do or if you made a backup before hand then you shouldn't need to worry.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Boxxy wrote:
MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Yeah, I googled a walkthrough. Looks like hooking up to the PC is the way to go. I'll mess with it when I get home.

and hold the power on button and the home button for a good 10 seconds. This will run it into DFU mode and will allow your ipod to be read and restored. When you restore it, you lose everything back to factory default settings. You can redownload everything once for free that you previously had. It shouldn't take long to do or if you made a backup before hand then you shouldn't need to worry.

Unless you bought music using the Touch and never backed it up on a computer. Everything else you can get back but not the music.

Same

Same

Dropped Da Soap wrote:
Boxxy wrote:

Unless you bought music using the Touch and never backed it up on a computer. Everything else you can get back but not the music.

Oh except that then sorry, forgot abuot that. Then again if you bought it all, you mightaswell go redownload it illegally because you know you paid for it.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I made the same mistake before I got my laptop. Bought like 60 bucks in music ON my touch. Tehn one day was too lazy to put it in my pocket before leaving for work and came home to find that my brothers found it and permanetly disabled it.

I was so fucking pissed.

10Who here has an iPod touch? Empty Re: Who here has an iPod touch? 2011-01-13, 12:34

I hooked it up to the laptop and restored the ipod to the original setting. He just had to put his stuff back on. No big deal.

11Who here has an iPod touch? Empty Re: Who here has an iPod touch? 2011-01-13, 13:41

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea!!! Tell him to not let his idiot friend mess with his shit anymore

12Who here has an iPod touch? Empty Re: Who here has an iPod touch? 2011-01-13, 14:28

He's actuallt grounded from it.

13Who here has an iPod touch? Empty Re: Who here has an iPod touch? 2011-01-13, 14:57

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i never put lockout type codes on my stuff.

the only codes for my phone are the keyguards but you can get that wrong as many times as you like it doesnt shut the phone down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum