MEGA MILK
TheGM
StormEye
Duck
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Duck

Duck

I think it's pretty good. the campaign was really nice, there aren't any really bad parts. I like the combination of equipment and pickups like active camo.

The only downside was

Spoiler:

And whatever happens to the last guy of noble squad? I don't remember his name but he just walks off with dr auggy or what's her name and you never see him again.

StormEye

StormEye

I think that guy re-appears in the novel or something, iirc.

At least thats what people said.

Duck

Duck

They definitely needed an epilogue for him or something. He's a massive loose end, especially since this is the last Halo game.

TheGM

TheGM

I feel asleep playing the campaign. The only ever otherthing to knock me out was Contact.

StormEye

StormEye

Ducksaws wrote:They definitely needed an epilogue for him or something. He's a massive loose end, especially since this is the last Halo game.
Its a ploy to sell the novels. I guess it was not selling enough, and this would entice some players to go out and buy the book.

LoL

Duck

Duck

The only character I really got attached to was George. You don't even really get to know Emile until the last mission. They should've saved hiring Nathan Fillion and the Firefly crew for voice acting for this game. Would've been epic.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Jorge was pretty baller, but that's to be expected considering he's a model 2.

I agree with you on Kat's death, it was shitty. I guess you could say it shows the random chaos of war or something, and that not all heroes die gloriously, but where the fuck were her shields?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

^ in her other suit?

Duck

Duck

MEGA MILK wrote:Jorge was pretty baller, but that's to be expected considering he's a model 2.

I agree with you on Kat's death, it was shitty. I guess you could say it shows the random chaos of war or something, and that not all heroes die gloriously, but where the fuck were her shields?

They weren't all the same model? hmm.

And yeah with the shields, there isn't even a beam rifle in the game anymore. the covenant doesn't have anything powerful enough to oneshot headshot a spartan.

another fun fact, you can shoot emile's corpse and he will still have shields.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Everyone in Noble team, excluding Jorge, is a model 3. They are easier to produce, but not as refined and tough as model 2s.

TheGM

TheGM

...................why do you knows this....

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol I hated Kat i celebrate her death Very Happy

And Jorge he too was an Asshole Mr Im going to catch this plasma on my Face then hug you

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I find Halo lore to be fascinating stuff.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I dont think Jun was in the Books though

If i remember though Doctor Halsey was going around with a Spartan 2 Kelly i think

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

You're correct. I remember reading somewhere that he survived the war.

StormEye

StormEye

One error that they have made in Halo universe is that it made the suits possible to withstand the harshness of space, but a lot of conventional and energy weapons, which are not as damaging as space would provide, that would damage/destroy the spartan/elite suit.

LoL

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Damnit Stormy, damn you and your science.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Use your powers for Good Stormy Go watch Weird Science and recreate the experiment Very Happy

Duck

Duck

StormEye wrote:One error that they have made in Halo universe is that it made the suits possible to withstand the harshness of space, but a lot of conventional and energy weapons, which are not as damaging as space would provide, that would damage/destroy the spartan/elite suit.

LoL

So you're telling me a NASA space suit is more bullet resistant than spartan armor?

And I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. The re usable powers are great. I only use active camo and hologram so far. Active camo is amazing on Sword Base, I just get a close range weapon and switch it on whenever someone shows up on my radar. Sometimes they're on the floor above me, sometimes not, but the other guy always assumes the dot on his radar is above or below him and it's just me being invisible.

Hologram is great for those grassy slayer maps with lots of rocks and obstacles. I just throw that guy across the field and it tells me where all the enemies are because they start shooting at it. Or when someone is shooting at me, I run behind something and send the hologram on my original path, double back and get a beat down on the guy who was shooting me.

StormEye

StormEye

NASA's suit can actually withstand an object that travels at an orbital speed, which is much higher velocity (with vastly higher momentum) compared to the projectiles fired from many Halo weapons. It will not withstand sustained damage, but it can withstand few hits of those outer earth objects.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Stormy you know as well as i do most of the time in Videogames that Balance and story often Override Realism

Like i dont think my Freaking Character with Maxed out Intelligence we keep falling for these stupid traps especially on like my 5th Playthrough of RPG games

StormEye

StormEye

I know, I'm just pointing out an error that could have made Kat avoid her death from such "Umm.... just that?" death.

LoL

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

*Pulls out Emiles Kukri*

Dont worry if the Covenant didnt get her i would have!

Valukar

Ducksaws wrote:
StormEye wrote:One error that they have made in Halo universe is that it made the suits possible to withstand the harshness of space, but a lot of conventional and energy weapons, which are not as damaging as space would provide, that would damage/destroy the spartan/elite suit.

LoL

So you're telling me a NASA space suit is more bullet resistant than spartan armor?

And I'm enjoying the multiplayer a lot. The re usable powers are great. I only use active camo and hologram so far. Active camo is amazing on Sword Base, I just get a close range weapon and switch it on whenever someone shows up on my radar. Sometimes they're on the floor above me, sometimes not, but the other guy always assumes the dot on his radar is above or below him and it's just me being invisible.

Hologram is great for those grassy slayer maps with lots of rocks and obstacles. I just throw that guy across the field and it tells me where all the enemies are because they start shooting at it. Or when someone is shooting at me, I run behind something and send the hologram on my original path, double back and get a beat down on the guy who was shooting me.
uhh the radar tells you if they're above or below you...

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

I actually was expecting quite a bit from the Reach storyline before it came out.

I mean ODST had a nice story and the characters were pretty interesting and different.

Before Reach came out Bungie put up some character bios for noble and they were quite good. Jorge has a lot of compassion for humans, Carter is a master of military tactics and is the glue of the team. Kat is a bit fiesty, but feels very responsible for Thom's (Original Noble Six) death, Jun's mouth gets him into a lot of trouble and Emile has a large Covenant "trophy" collection and suffers from PTSD.

With all that said, nothing besides Jorge's character and Kat's moxie are ever made apparent in the campaign. Another "insert silent protagonist lone wolf here" storyline.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah i liked that about ODST

You really feel the rookies Fear and Loneliness when hes by himself

Valukar

you don't feel anything when they don't fucking talk

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yes you do if they dont Talk you can imagine yourself in the role more easily

Some people just dont have the ability to do that and so bitch about their failures blaming it on the game

Valukar

in that case, i'm sorry YOU (not the character) feel scared and lonely when you're playing a single player game

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Well not scared exactly but definitely lonely im a social butterfly i haz to have other people around to observe my wacky antics Very Happy

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

StormEye wrote:NASA's suit can actually withstand an object that travels at an orbital speed, which is much higher velocity (with vastly higher momentum) compared to the projectiles fired from many Halo weapons. It will not withstand sustained damage, but it can withstand few hits of those outer earth objects.

Dammit, Stormy, have I told you I love you?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i liked the ODST campaign.

my favourite level is data hive since i can go all out on VISR mode with the magnum and SMG and feel like a ninja.

its a shame the SMG feels so weaksauce. i usually end up charging the brutes and having a punchoff to kill them instead, and the magnum does 1 shot headshot kill on grunts jackals and drones. Crying or Very sad

i usually end up running magnum and carbine since the SMG sucks compared to the carbine.

budha_monks

budha_monks

I enjoyed the campaign on that game as well. I can't seem to find that game tho Crying or Very sad ...................... reach lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum