Not related to the game but...

+4
Zillah
Duck
TexasMace
Artimise Flare
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not related to the game but... Empty Not related to the game but... 2011-01-19, 22:23

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Some of you may have experience with guns and I thought I'd share a short video of me at the range for the first time with my rifle.

Enjoy Razz

Edit: may move this to another section of the forum, though I'm not sure where to put it.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Nice rifle, Arty! That one is on my list as well so after my AR-15 build just maybe.
How'd it end up grouping and at what yardage?

BTW I put my AR build in the "Real Life" area...may wanna check it out too. Wink

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

For the sake of testing we started off at 50 yards, and the groupings were pretty nice. Note I'm no marksmen, and this is the very first time I've fired this rifle, let alone this caliber of round (7.62x54mmr) I was grouping around a 10 inches from the center of a 2ft diameter target. This video was when we decided to move the target to 25 yards, and my grouping tightened up when I was of course much slower and more deliberate with my shots to about 6 inches from center.

If you are looking for an affordable rifle, I highly recommend this one.

Mosin Nagant M91/30, got mine at Big 5 Sports for about 120 some dollars. Ammo is not exactly the cheapest, but it's not super expensive either. You can only shoot it outdoors though due to the fact that it uses steel cased rounds.

TexasMace

TexasMace

I was thinking of making a deer rifle out of one but I'm worried about that caliber of round for deer. Be cool to have one anyway, I mean it's a historic rifle.
Thanks for the tip on where to get one.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Actually, it fires a round very similar to our .308 so it works fine as a hunting rifle, or so I've read. Toss a scope on it and you can probably go hunting with it. I got lucky that mine seems to be pretty accurate right out of the box.

As for your AR-15, very nice. I'm looking into investing into this

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_800/products_id/411535182

M4 variant AR-15. I prefer the carbine styles due to the fact, as you can see in the video, that I'm not a very large guy, and the carbines are just more comfortable, at least to me.

I'll have to see if my local gun range will accept firearms from this company. Since I don't have much knowledge in building rifles yet, I figured it's best to buy a complete one first and then learn all the ins and outs of it so that I can build one later and know what the fuck I'm doing.

Duck

Duck

I can get 5 shots in the width of a quarter with a .22 iron sight after a few years of shooting once a year at boy scout camp *dusts shoulder*

Zillah

Zillah

Ducksaws wrote:I can get 5 shots in the width of a quarter with a .22 iron sight after a few years of shooting once a year at boy scout camp *dusts shoulder*

Awww yeah, good old shootin at boy scout camp. Razz

Comrade Rage77

Comrade Rage77

Nice vid. I also own a Mosin.

Not sure how familiar you are with the markings, but if you'd like to know when and where your rifle was built, check out the website in my sig. Lots of great info on the M91/30.

Voltaire

Voltaire

Yeah it's a great rifle to have because it only costs about 140 or so to buy and with all of the surplus ammo around it is a lot cheaper to shoot than my M1 Garand and to a certain extent my M1 Carbine.

It doesn't get much better than when you have just bought a new gun and you take it out to the range and on one of the first few shots through the rifle you accidentally shoot down a small tree. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I have that logo on my t-shirt....

you got that on jl.com didn't you....

Duck

Duck

Just watched the vid.

two things to say,

one, that gun isn't very loud or the camera isn't picking it up

two, why are you shooting so fast? It's much more fun IMO to take your time and actually hit things than to just blow through all of your ammo in a minute.

TexasMace

TexasMace

That's nice and a good price for that AR but you can build them easily. The one I'm building doesn't even need tools because of how I'm buying the parts.

Zillah

Zillah

Voltaire wrote:Yeah it's a great rifle to have because it only costs about 140 or so to buy and with all of the surplus ammo around it is a lot cheaper to shoot than my M1 Garand and to a certain extent my M1 Carbine.

It doesn't get much better than when you have just bought a new gun and you take it out to the range and on one of the first few shots through the rifle you accidentally shoot down a small tree. Smile

How the hell do you accidentally shoot down a small tree?!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Axcelot wrote:Just watched the vid.

two things to say,

one, that gun isn't very loud or the camera isn't picking it up

two, why are you shooting so fast? It's much more fun IMO to take your time and actually hit things than to just blow through all of your ammo in a minute.

It was the camera, it is quite loud irl, and the video I posted was just something I did or fun that one time to see how many rounds I can put down range while still maintaining a reasonably accurate shot. Only did that once, all my other shots were very slow and methodical. I can upload those if you'd like. Unfortunately my camera doesn't have a lot of zoom, so I wasn't able to get pictures of my groupings on the target.

Last edited by Artimise Flare on 2011-01-21, 01:32; edited 1 time in total

Voltaire

Voltaire

Hotdamnitssam wrote:How the hell do you accidentally shoot down a small tree?!

The tree had it coming! It knew full well that it was growing on the backstop of a shooting range! It was him or me. If I didn't shoot him then he would have fallen on me later at some point while I was putting up a new target.

TheGM

TheGM

Trees arr very, very dangerous.......Just ask Sonny Bono!

Voltaire

Voltaire

Yeah you gotta keep your eyes on those damn trees! Always plotting things like falling on you or running into you when you aren't looking! Evil or Very Mad

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

remShotz wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I have that logo on my t-shirt....

you got that on jl.com didn't you....

Lol yes, I did get it at Jlist.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum