TheGM
StormEye
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

StormEye

StormEye

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dead-space-2

That is pretty darn high. It is actually higher than the first one, which usually is not the case, iirc.

TheGM

TheGM

My counter arguement.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/fallout-3

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/call-of-duty-black-ops

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/halo-reach

Wacco

Whoa there cowboy, what do you have against Fallout 3?

TheGM

TheGM

Played it.

Been there done that in another topic.

Last edited by TheGM on 2011-01-26, 00:46; edited 1 time in total

StormEye

StormEye

First halo got 97.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Awesome. I lved the 1st, and I plan on getting the second tomorrow.

StormEye

StormEye

I'm enjoying the game so far.

Spoiler:

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol Touche on Reach and BlOps but why Fallout 3

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Awesome Storm.I was inlove with Dead Space 1. So I am really looking forward to getting this one.

How is the MP by the way? From the looks of it it looks like a new take on Left 4 Dead's versus mode.

StormEye

StormEye

You are asking MP from a wrong person. LoL

If I decide to try to play MP, I will play it after I beat Hard Code mode (yes, they had to name it that...). There are five difficulty levels this time around, instead of three from the first one, iirc.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Hard Code mode? Really? Why? Thats just.....stupid.....really stupid.

Aw well, still getting the game.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

I gotta wait 3-4 weeks Sad

StormEye

StormEye

xsilentshooterx wrote:I gotta wait 3-4 weeks Sad
Whoa~

At least thats around the time I get to play MP (hopefully) again.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Thats just Dumb dark

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

No, did you ever stop to think that you are the dumb one Frost?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I meant the law

Mind you keeping children away from Dead space may be a good idea

Ante

Ante

I'm a grown man and I can't play horror games. They scare the fuck out of me. I remember a while back playing Code Veronica and it was this part where a bandersnatch jumps through a window. Ugh, I nearly shit myself as I threw the controller and shut the Dreamcast off. Never played that game again.

Alright dudes! This is my first two hour impression! Holy shit! I think I said that probably 20 times in those first 2 hours. And it gets you right from the first scene. Man oh man is this game awesome so far. It had me on edge the whole time.

StormEye

StormEye

This game has impressed me greatly so far.

But... Why would you need a sniper rifle in this game... LoL

I need to use TK more, since I find myself running low on ammo a lot, but never completely out, since I juggle around ammos pretty well. However, I only killed like 3~5 enemies with TK so far...

Ive had no problems with ammo so far, and im on chapter 4. Try stomping on dead enemies, you get quite a bit of ammo.

StormEye

StormEye

I am OCD on stomping EVERYTHING! LoL

There are sequences where they throw some enemies which will sort of drain you of ammo a bit, and I think getting rivet gun ripped me off of more useful ammo like PC ammo, in the beginning when I was using it for lulz.

Stasis is also nerfed, and it does not last as long as before, I assume fully upgraded stasis would only be as powerful as second stage upgrade of the DS1 stasis. This limited my Line Gun mine attacks for only certain situations. I used to spam that thing like crazy.

What difficulty are you playing on?

How far are you?

Yea stasis does not last very long at the default level. Im planning on fully upgrading my rig and plasma cutter before anything else

I got the TK pin on the wall cheevo VERY early in the game on complete luck. Classic.

StormEye

StormEye

LoL, I got it half way through chapter 3.

I'm playing on normal at the moment.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

How hard is the game so far? And I know you guys might not be that far yet, but are there any of those "Protect the station with this big ass turret from a huge asteroid storm/big ass thing chucking rocks at your window" kinda stages?

I hated those in the first game.

StormEye

StormEye

LoL!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that horrendously hard part of the game that had nothing to do with general game play (its like an ultra hard mini-game you HAD to pass).

I have not encountered it thus far, and hopefully devs are smart enough to not add that thing anymore. But there are some COOL sequences that I'm not going to spoil for you. I had some man tears flow through my eyes while going through it.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Cool. i don't know when I can get this game. Buying a computer this Sunday, so I don't think I can afford to buy it now.

Soap im actually finding the game quite easy so far. But im on normal like storm for my first playthtough

StormEye

StormEye

It was not a hard part but I died in one part a lot due to my stubbornness
Spoiler:

Lol! This is a game I have to wait till night to play. Its not the same on the daylight.

StormEye

StormEye

Ok, they upped the TK damage A LOT. In DS1 in most caess it did not even damage them, but it just stunned them a little.

I killed swarms of enemies by picking up one dead necro and flinging him around. Not even his claws or something. Just dead blunt body part. LoL

I love TK metal poles through necromorphs and stickong them to walls. Full of lulz

StormEye

StormEye

On the second disk right now.

Been using
Ripper - Great for ammo conserving, since you can use one blade for a while
Pulse Rifle - For suppressive 'stay away from me' weapon
Line Gun - For mines, don't really shoot that thing often.
Plasma Cutter - Basic

Just replaced Ripper with Flamethrower to see how it goes. Have no ammo for it though since I just bought it.

What chapter you on Storm? I havent played since last night so still mid chapter 4.

I hated the ripper in the first. Im loving the Javelin so far.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Did you guys watch the Dead Space movie on SyFy lastnight!? They had game play in between comercials and now I'm wantin' the game. Crap I've been buying too many toys!

StormEye

StormEye

I'm on chapter 7.

I use ripper like a Plasma Cutter but with option to save ammo. When you propel the blade, it has same damage width as PC and it works pretty good as a chainsaw on those assailants that tends to just charge at you.

But now I have flamer and lets see how this thing does. I liked it in the first game against more powerful enemies due to damage over time effect once you put them on fire. Its just that I have not been able to use it on stronger enemies yet.

Still have not used Javelin.

One thing I will say is they really improved the zero G sequences with full control. These parts often frustrated me in the original.

Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

Yup they sure did improve the zero G. Though I did enjoy some spacial maneuver challenges (in the DS1).

Spoiler:

I also like that Issac now talks. Him being mute in the first worked, but its much more immersive when he speaks imo.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

ITS 2-DISKS?!?!

StormEye

StormEye

I just finished solar panel sequence, and at the end of the sequence you would give two thumbs up for the suit Issac is wearing.

StormEye

StormEye

Dropped da soap wrote:ITS 2-DISKS?!?!
Jar, I kind of (not really) regret getting it for 360. It would have been 1 disc for PS3.

Yea blu ray> hd dvd Sad

StormEye

StormEye

The funny thing is that I have Dead Space 1 for PS3. LoL

About to finish Chapter 7 since I just passed the solar panel part.

Lets see what awaits next.

Your way ahead of me now lol

StormEye

StormEye

Flamer is awesome against boss type enemies. But it kind of sucks on lesser ones due to such massive ammo drain.

But it also works awesome on TINY enemies. Just squirt them once and they are all gone!

StormEye

StormEye

Finished the game.

Weapons in inventory at the ending
Plasma Cutter
Pulse Rifle
Line Gun
Contact Beam

Some interesting sequence/parts to the game near the end, and there is one annoyance that returns with longer duration. Not really going to jot down anything much more than that.

Now I guess I'll just have to wait until someone else finishes the game so that I can start to talk about spoilers.

StormEye

StormEye

Oh wow... flippin eh... after I finished watching the credit roll, I saw the unlocking of Hard Core mode, and there is one restriction in there that will probably make me get REALLY annoyed, if I try this mode.

EDIT: Scratch that, its not one, TWO restrictions that will be annoying.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Are they spoilers if you say what they are? If so, don't tell me. If not, what are they.

I was hoping to get the game tonight, but my mom wasn't feeling well so I didn't get the chance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum