Wacco
TheGM
StormEye
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

StormEye

StormEye

Dropped da soap wrote:Are they spoilers if you say what they are? If so, don't tell me. If not, what are they.
Are you talking about restrictions for HC? Or something else?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

StormEye wrote:Oh wow... flippin eh... after I finished watching the credit roll, I saw the unlocking of Hard Core mode, and there is one restriction in there that will probably make me get REALLY annoyed, if I try this mode.

EDIT: Scratch that, its not one, TWO restrictions that will be annoying.

Those are what I was talking about.

StormEye

StormEye

Its not really a story spoiler or something, but you would not have much WTF effect when you see it being unlocked, and realize something.

Its only minor at best.

Spoiler:

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Wait, so you can only save three times?!? Wow.....I don't think I am doing that mode.

StormEye

StormEye

I know I'm going to be in extremely annoyed state playing that mode, but I'm not sure whether I'm actually going to play that mode any time soon...

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I wouldn't. I prefer to play games to have fun. Not going to force myself to play through something just for a measly number of points on my Gamerscore.

I mean yea I love boosting my Gamerscore, but only if I find it fun. Which is why I never really do the hardest difficulties of games unless I really enjoy them.
Even then I won't do it on all games. Like for example Mass Effect 2. I love that game, but I am not going through it on Insanity.

StormEye

StormEye

Now I just did New Game+ to get a little more achievements and upgrade most weapons. Time to massacre enemies with my foresight and unfair fighting conditions (my advantage)!

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Hehe, I love games that give you the ability to restart with all the stuff you had at the end of the game.

StormEye

StormEye

I think my new favourite weapon is Contact Beam.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I wouldn't know. I haven't gotten to play it yet.

StormEye

StormEye

Did you play the first one?

Its the same weapon that appeared in the first one, where you charge up and shoot focused particles at enemies obliterating them, unless they are boss types which will at least shred one limb off.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah I played through the 1st game. But it was a while ago, so I don't remember. Also I remember that gun having limited ammo so thats prolly why I never used it.

Ok storm update time- I am now halfway through chapter 8 and gotta say, this game is top notch. I finally came to a spot that gave me a ton of trouble.

Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

All weapons have a higher chance of ammo drop, if you have it in your inventory, and if you use it often it gives it a higher drop chance too. Its actually a good choice of weapon, if you utilize stasis and your position in the room well, you kill enemy/enemies with a single shot. And when the ammo drops, it drops in 2s. Its quite abundant actually.

The same system in 2, except that it seems that there are higher chances for weapons that you do not have in the inventory to drop too, which can get annoying (it does not happen often, but when it does...) in the beginning of the game when you do not have much inventory space.

StormEye

StormEye

Symbolic wrote:Ok storm update time- I am now halfway through chapter 8 and gotta say, this game is top notch. I finally came to a spot that gave me a ton of trouble.

Spoiler:
This is the part where
Spoiler:

Lol yea that part was a bitch. You get friggin ambushed like none other.

Spoiler:

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I want this game so bad now.

StormEye

StormEye

That is where you use the Detonator, though I actually never bought it in the first playthrough. LoL

For Stalkers
Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

Its a top notch game.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

How much better is it then the 1st game?

I loved the first game. Does this one actually feel like a sequel and not a 1.5 game?

Yea its also very cinematic, and the cut scenes are incredibly awesome. plus the sound, my god the sound is great! My x11's are being used for my whole playthrough.

Soap it is better in every way

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I so can't wait to get it. Gaagh. The wait....

My only complaint is it seems to be rather short. Which isnt a huge deal for a game like this,since Im gonna replay it regardless. Im midway through ch 8 and only about 4 hours of gameplay.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Then whats up with the whole 2 disk thing if it seems so short?

StormEye

StormEye

I think its lengthy enough, but it was weird that it requires two discs. It did not feel it required two discs.

When are you getting it Soap?

Also I tries the mp for about 20 mins and its actually not half bad.

I think iys probably the cinematics and MP making it require two disks. Like I said, its probably long enough. Considering every moment is tense as hell.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Im hopefully getting it tomorrow. Er. Later today.

But the MP looks like its a variant of L4D's Versus mode. Is that what its like Sym?

StormEye

StormEye

MS needs to make it so that if you install disc 2 to the HD you don't need to swap disc. So that you can just keep disc 1 in and make it mandatory to play the game, if they are so concerned about people lending games, since you cannot start the game without disc 1 in this case (if they decide to do so, that is).

Anyway, Pulse Rifle got some nice buff by replacing that useless short range 360 shooting with grenade launcher.

Wait so if I also install disk 2 I wont need to switch it?

The MP is pretty similar to l4d's vs mode yea. Just alot more hectic, and the humsns have and objective. You can climb through vents as the necromorphs and sneam ambush the humans. Pretty damn fun. Hell of alot better than Bioshock 2's MP.

StormEye

StormEye

No no no.

Thats my WISH. It is not the case.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Hey, I liked Bioshock 2's MP.

Lol gotcha. 2 disc games are annoying. Its not like it has the content of your average RPG.

StormEye

StormEye

Hence why I think my wish makes perfect sense. It would not be hard at all...

The MP in BS2 just felt forced to me. It wasnt terrible thats for sure. But dead space 2 feels much more polished and focused when it comes to mp. I dont know how much ill play it, but its a fun.diatraction. Its got a leveling system as well. I didnt play enough yet to tell you more than that.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I was looking forward to trying the MP tonight. Yeah I bought the game last night. not sure if I have money for the water bill, but I can just melt snow inside for water lol.

Ok storm its update time- I am now on ch 11, and gotta say this game is incredible.

Spoiler:

Also I dicked around with the MP again, and I find myself really enjoying it. Plus its really easy, people blow lol. My first two game I went 30-6 and 25-4 lol.

StormEye

StormEye

Jar
Spoiler:

Yea. I remember posting this game was easy as I was early in it. Lol! This is not an easy game! Its not to brutal on normal, but you must always be on your toes or death is inevitable.

Also this game os nerve racking and mentally draining lol. Like the old Silent Hill games, the atmosphere is filled with dread and evil. Plus the sound! My god the sound! So creepy. I find myself constantly turning around and checking my 6.

StormEye

StormEye

Its very draining due to atmosphere constantly urges that there is something around the corner, or even right next to you at all times, providing constant pressure (well at least that subsided a lot after I finished the game and I sort of know what to expect).

Spoiler:

StormEye

StormEye

Symbolic wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i would not like this game.
not one bit.

i get freaked out by L4D2 on occasion so im not sure i could cope with dead space.

or i would just stay still with a gun pointed at the only door for hours on end.

Yea like I said Chapter ten is an all timer. Also I think the zero g parts are really fun. Personally to me those parts were by far my least favorite part of 1. I always got so dis orriented.

Lol ive been playing "horror" games sincw RE 1. I love them, but the genre was getting terrible until DS1 dropped.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I'm opn chapter 6 and I hear you guys I can only play for about 2 hours at a time because of how tense the game is. my GF was watching me for like 2 hours last night and she had trouble dealing with how intense it was

you are never safe

StormEye

StormEye

Dead Space brought back old 'good' formulas with new twists. Its definitely another stepping stone set in survival horror game genre.

StormEye

StormEye

TerryMay wrote:I'm opn chapter 6 and I hear you guys I can only play for about 2 hours at a time because of how tense the game is. my GF was watching me for like 2 hours last night and she had trouble dealing with how intense it was

you are never safe
The best part in DS is when you are dealing with one necro while laughing, then all of a sudden you see a blackish figure in the corner of your screen indicating something is RIGHT behind you, and you go 'SHIT!!!!!!!!'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum