We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mass Effect RTS space game

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-07, 18:19

Duck

Duck

Do want. There's all this interesting and technical crap in the codex and we never even get to see a cinematic with some big ships duking it out. I wanna see an RTS game or something where we can use and see all of the stuff they describe in the codex. Maybe after ME3, they must be planning to milk it in some way.

2Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-07, 18:25

TheGM

TheGM

3Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-12, 23:17

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Could be really good if they made it similiar to the Homeworld games. God I loved Homeworld...

4Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-13, 13:46

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

They have the whole concept of light, time and space and stuff. And the concept of Newton's Law. So all you really do is take a Dreadnought and force fire one of your units that are lined up with the enemy base, and after the shot is fired, have the small ship jump.

And the really big ships can't fight close range.

So not like Homeworld.

No Hiigaran Battlecruiser quad ion cannons.

5Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-13, 13:49

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You lost me RemShotz. What game are you talking about?

6Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-13, 17:47

Ante

Ante

The way physics and shit are set up in ME, wouldn't space battles be really boring? I'd be more in line for a Mass Effect MMO (which won't ever happen thanks to SWTOR.)

7Mass Effect RTS space game Empty Re: Mass Effect RTS space game 2011-02-13, 22:05

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I was talking more about HW2. If it was HW1 I would say Heavy Cruiser, or if it was HWC I would say Dreadnought. And as Ante said, the way the tech is set up, and intel, velocity, everything, it wouldn't play out. A capital ship wouldn't even be in visual range to fire.

Frigates are used to scout the area, as in ME terms, a battle takes place at ranges where light and LoS based targeting are ineffective. Every shot has to go where its supposed to, due to a travelling mass driver slug potentially impacting a planet EVENTUALLY. It even says that within a certain range (some number of kilometers) dreadnoughts don't even fire their main cannons, in fear of the explosion destroying themselves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum