Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you like Star Control, Mass Effect or space exploration games in general then read this!

+4
sheep
Heebs
TexasMace
Metalzoic
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Toys for Bob, the developer that made the classic Star Control 1 & 2, is trying to convince Activision to let them make a new one.

A while ago, Toys for Bob, the creators of Star Control 1 and 2 (but not 3), made it known that they were in talks with the Powers That Be at Activision about what their next game should be.
They decided that the stars are finally right, and are trying to convince the Powers that their next game should be a Star Control game. And they're asking the fans for help.
If we could send them mails in support of a new Star Control, they could use those as a powerful argument in the discussion.
So here we are.

They have a petition going to help them get it made. It only takes a second to do. Here is the link:

http://sc2.sourceforge.net/petition/petition.php

For the love of God sign the petition people. If we all sign it and it actually gets made then we, the SeC, can take credit for it!

TexasMace

TexasMace

WASSUP, METAL!?
I'm on it even though I don't know what it is.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Thanks. A new Star Control with modern day gameplay would be a dream come true for me.

Star Control 2 sits pretty close to the top of my all-time-best games list.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

For the rest of you that don't know what Star Control is here is some info for you:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Rottenwood/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25795547

The Greatness Files: Star Control II

Like everyone else, I've spent the last few weeks with Mass Effect 2, enjoying the ride and discussing it with my fellow gamers. Most notably, it has sparked a "just what constitutes an RPG?" debate that is long overdue. As I play it, though, it kept reminding me of something... another superbly-written game that completely defies genre classification. Oh, Star Control 2, it always comes back to you, doesn't it?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

More proof you need to sign the petition:

Star Control 2 also has spots in top games compilations of notable gaming publications. IGN named Star Control II the 17th best game of all time,[1] and Gamespot named it one of the greatest games of all time.[2] It also has 8th place in Gamespot's Reader's choice - Ten Best Gameworlds listing,[3] and 3rd place in Gamespot's Ten Best Endings among games.[4]

And yes... I am going to keep this going until each and every one of you has done it.

Heebs

Heebs

there you go! i signed it for ya. <3

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

i signed that thing so hard we had to cuddle afterwards.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

WOOHOO! Very Happy
Thanks Chief and sexy, sexy ladies!

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I like space operas. All signed.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Thanks Fox.
The rest of you lazy asses get to signing! Very Happy

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i dont play it, but hey it makes you happy.

*signs*

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Mr. KutKu wrote:i dont play it, but hey it makes you happy.

*signs*

Thanks, yes it makes me happy. If they ever actually get to make it, it will probably make you happy too.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ooooh i like the SC2 videos on youtube...

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMG SC3!!!!!!!!!!!

i want it now Smile

Duck

Duck

Looks kinda like point and click elder scrolls in space from the 3 seconds of the youtube video I just watched.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah but considering the advances in gaming, it has the potential to be so damn awesome.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ducksaws wrote:Looks kinda like point and click elder scrolls in space from the 3 seconds of the youtube video I just watched.

Well it wasn't point and click. You controlled/battled in your spaceship kind of like asteroids. There were tons of star system (far, far more than ME) each with many planets (more than ME) that you could land on and explore. Conversations are like ME/ES with different replies that would get you different info. Lot's of alien races. lots of crew/ship upgrades etc... Basically a huge exploration/mystery/adventure game with ship combat.

EDIT: that link in the first post has a free version you can play.

Duck

Duck

With all the extra work of combat physics and graphics and whatnot I think it wouldn't be nearly as spectacular as a modern version of the old games.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Ducksaws wrote:With all the extra work of combat physics and graphics and whatnot I think it wouldn't be nearly as spectacular as a modern version of the old games.

You could be right. Mass Effect was practically touted as a new SC while it was in development, but it turned out to be a fairly small, narrow game for the most part.

I want them to make it anyway though, because there's at least a potential for awesome!

SIGN PEOPLE!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum