Metalzoic
Duck
Keyser Söze
Zillah
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zillah

Zillah

the kinect interactivity looks really cool.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Wow...

Makes me want to get out my steering wheel and play Forza 3 again...

Duck

Duck

As good as the graphics get... at the end of the day it's just a car driving game.

Ducksaws wrote:As good as the graphics get... at the end of the day it's just a car driving game.
Evil or Very Mad

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

A fucking good driving game, especially with a wheel.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm sold.

A couple pretty major things mentioned there.

"Sit on the couch and play with Kinect" obviously this little issue has been solved.
"Kinect head tracking" This is a major selling point for me. Huge. I will be buying a Kinect for this game if I haven't all ready.
"16 player online" thank god.

Not to mention the new graphics/rendering engine. The bump up in cars etc...
Turn 10 really, really wants to take GT down it seems.

Metalzoic wrote:I'm sold.

A couple pretty major things mentioned there.

"Sit on the couch and play with Kinect" obviously this little issue has been solved.
"Kinect head tracking" This is a major selling point for me. Huge. I will be buying a Kinect for this game if I haven't all ready.
"16 player online" thank god.

Not to mention the new graphics/rendering engine. The bump up in cars etc...
Turn 10 really, really wants to take GT down it seems.
Kinect is on sale right now for $139 with a $25 gift card at amazon.

Duck

Duck

Yeah probably. I can't get into sports games or driving games. If I can go drive a car or play football with some friends in my yard I'm not gonna pay extra money for a slightly enhanced version of it on an xbox. Midnight club was pretty fun cause you could free roam around the city and bash into cars and what not though. Can you do stuff like that in Forza?

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Shocked

wantwantwant.

Ducksaws wrote:Yeah probably. I can't get into sports games or driving games. If I can go drive a car or play football with some friends in my yard I'm not gonna pay extra money for a slightly enhanced version of it on an xbox. Midnight club was pretty fun cause you could free roam around the city and bash into cars and what not though. Can you do stuff like that in Forza?
I agree about sports but where in real life can you drive a $500,000 car at 200 miles an hour?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The new Shift 2 looks really good too.

Ante

Ante

Gotta love the White Zombie in the background. Hopefully the soundtrack won't SUCK this time.

This game looks amazing, btw.

Duck

Duck

t-800 wrote:
Ducksaws wrote:Yeah probably. I can't get into sports games or driving games. If I can go drive a car or play football with some friends in my yard I'm not gonna pay extra money for a slightly enhanced version of it on an xbox. Midnight club was pretty fun cause you could free roam around the city and bash into cars and what not though. Can you do stuff like that in Forza?
I agree about sports but where in real life can you drive a $500,000 car at 200 miles an hour?

After the video game/real life exchange rate it's not really the same thing...

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah well at the end of the day Battlefield is just a bullet shooting game.

Forza 3 was awesome, best racing sim of all time. They don't want to take down GT, they already have. There is no other game where each car handles so uniquely. Forza 4 is probably going to be all that but better.

I didn't get to watch the whole video before it got taken down, but I hope they don't put too much focus on Kinect. Mostly because I don't have it.

Duck

Duck

Yeah well at the end of the day Battlefield is just a bullet shooting game.

But I don't get to shoot bullets and blow up buildings in real life so it's fun!

Chewy

Chewy

I do. Much better in real life.

But seriously I don't think gaming is just about doing stuff you can't do in real life, at least not for me. I mean farming is boring as shit, but Harvest Moon was a great game. Videogames are just fun in their own ways, they can even make things that suck in real life fun.

Duck

Duck

Harvest Moon is fun because it's nothing at all like what it appears to emulate. A "harvest moon" of racing would be like Twisted Metal or Mario Kart. Realistic racing games are just... racing. Might be cause I don't like Nascar either.

Ante

Ante

Forza is just as much of a sandbox game as it is a racing simulator. It's more than just "...racing." And as much as I'd like to, I don't have the means to purchase hundreds of the most expensive cars on the planet and tweak them to my liking and then fly to the world's most popular race tracks. Forza is not something you can just "go outside and do."

Also, thumbs up on the Harvest Moon love. Most underrated series of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Duck

Duck

I don't know. Something about driving a pretend car on a linear track doesn't excite me the way blowing up a pretend house with explosives does.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I have a few thoughts about this post

- I hate how everything Microsoft is doing these days is heavily Kinect based

- The game looks great

- Forza 2 and 3 were both great games, although for some reason liked 2 more.

- GT5 is also a great game as well.

- Both games have abouy equally amazing graphics(although the sense of speed and background detail is better in GT imo)

- I like Forza over all better as a game

- But GT is still the king of driving physics

Zillah

Zillah

Ducksaws wrote:I don't know. Something about driving a pretend car on a linear track doesn't excite me the way blowing up a pretend house with explosives does.

I know what you mean duck.

Thats why GTA is so awesome, because you can drive cars with freedom and lots of fun, and then get out and blow cop cars up. Sandbox game with a focus on automobiles.

Ante

Ante

Different strokes for different folks.

Duck

Duck

I know what you mean duck.

Thats why GTA is so awesome, because you can drive cars with freedom and lots of fun, and then get out and blow cop cars up. Sandbox game with a focus on automobiles.

Yeah that's what I mean. I get no satisfaction on how good or realistic the cars are or the race tracks. If I can't get out of the car and land a helicopter onto a hooker something is missing from my car game.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I want weather effects and night driving this time around.

Ante

Ante

Jack Torrance wrote:I want weather effects and night driving this time around.

Seconded.

Crombie

Crombie

video removed? or is it just me...?

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah it's down. Stupid Microsoft being poopy butts.

Chewy wrote:Yeah it's down. Stupid Microsoft being poopy butts.
Well it is their E3 trailer for it.

Ante

Ante

Chewy wrote:poopy butts.

Awesome cred for poopy butts.

Chewy

Chewy

I try to keep a sophisticated vocabulary.

Someone uploaded the trailer again, not the best quality though:

Tater

Tater

I've owned forza 1, 2 and still have 3.

5 RL friends and i have a racing series we do every two weeks, with rules and car requirements. YAH its nerd-like but it's quite fun to play.

We'll be transitioning over when forza 4 comes out.

My biggest quarrel with online sim racers is the sheer about of cheap ass drivers. NO matter where you go theres always 1/2 douchebags who try and wreck everyone!

I'm a definite when it comes to F4. i gave up on GT after a-spec.

chunckylover53

Tater wrote:I've owned forza 1, 2 and still have 3.

5 RL friends and i have a racing series we do every two weeks, with rules and car requirements. YAH its nerd-like but it's quite fun to play.

We'll be transitioning over when forza 4 comes out.

My biggest quarrel with online sim racers is the sheer about of cheap ass drivers. NO matter where you go theres always 1/2 douchebags who try and wreck everyone!

I'm a definite when it comes to F4. i gave up on GT after a-spec.

I agree with you 100%. Especially playing TDU2 "oh no we can't win by actually racing better spin them out!"

Tater

Tater

my friends and i have a serious racer series and a not so serious one.

the serious one we've done S class R3 and R2, now we just started our R1 series.

and after those we have a hoopty series. honda civics or volkswagen beetles with bondo paint jobs and stupid vinyls!! bumping and trading paint is allowed. just no intentional wrecking!

It's fun stuff. we can't wait for Forza 4.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

We should play Forza 3 sometime Tater.

chunckylover53

I've never played any of the forzas. have played a few GT's on the ps2 and ps.

Tater

Tater

sounds good mang!!

I unfortunately get bored online with Forza3 quickly. The competition is either very easy or very hard. Everyone takes the fastest fucking cars for whatever class your racing. I can't stand that. How about building a car you like and race that instead.

I consistently see rookie drivers choosing the fastest car.... then they cant drive em for shit, but still beat me cause i chose something that wasn't easy mode.... LOL

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I know what you mean, driving games online can be iffy at best.

Unless they're Mario Kart.

Tater

Tater

MARIOKART FTW!!!

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Makes me think I should fix my wii...

Tater

Tater

N64 mariokart was the balls!! I remember many mtn dew filled evenings back in my early highschool years playing it with 3 friends from friday night into saturday morning!! Sleep

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Same here dude...

Let me tell you it did not age very well....

Tater

Tater

t-800 wrote:Let me tell you it did not age very well....

You have to understand though tom.. we played this game back when we were how old you are now... back when it was still top notch stuff.

Tater wrote:
t-800 wrote:Let me tell you it did not age very well....

You have to understand though tom.. we played this game back when we were how old you are now... back when it was still top notch stuff.
I did too (I was like 4 though) I am just saying that the sequels are just a lot better.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

You can't beat the N64 classics.

They have aged just fine considering.

Jack Torrance wrote:You can't beat the N64 classics.

They have aged just fine considering.
Most have I am just saying that i would much rather play mario kart ds or wii instead of the n64 version.

Ante

Ante

How about summa dat Super Mario Kart? Best Mario Kart ever.

Zillah

Zillah

I loooveee the mario kart for gameboy advance. Played that game so much when i was like 8.

Now i got it on Wii, still fun to play with my little brothers.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Either Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Wii.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum