We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Watchmen (SPOILERS INSIDE!!!)

+2
Keyser Söze
DRGN LRD 1213
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just watched this last night. I'm curious to know what everyone here thinks about it.

I've heard people tell me it's total garbage and others say the exact opposite.

I thought it was entertaining. Way too long. The ending felt rushed. But overall, I fell in love with the characters. They did a great job highlighting each "hero" individually.

My biggest complaint: Too much blue penis. No

Last edited by MISTER ZOMBEE on 2011-04-14, 16:14; edited 1 time in total

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Have you watched Blackhawk Down yet??????????????????????????

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I thought it was really cool, although a bit drawn out. Then again I've heard from people that have read the graphic novel that it's actually well done.

I especially thought that Rorschach was bad ass, the fact that no matter what he never compromised. I especially like that line in prison.

"None of you seem to understand.
I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me."

Tater

Tater

Alls i'm gonna say is..

SUCKER PUNCH.

The Watchmen  (SPOILERS INSIDE!!!) Sucker-Punch-Movie-Poster1

DL, you're killing me. I'll rent it this week.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said Greg. Rorschach was my inspiration for my avatar. His end was upsetting to me though.

And Tater, Sucker Punch looks awful. Maybe I will be wrong about that.

Tater

Tater

visually it looks impressive though. i'm not expecting a writing masterpiece.

the director or producer of watchmen and 300 made suckerpunch.

Yeah I knew the connection to 300 and Watchmen. I love both of those flicks. SO maybe this will be good. Looks like a Big Daddy in the background of that pic.

Tater

Tater

It looked VERY wierd. a combination of sword fighting giant evil samurai then trench warfare against nazis and then into mech fighting like from gundam or something. and all the main characters are scantily clad females....

Idk seemed visually stimulating if anything.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Rorschach was my inspiration for my avatar. His end was upsetting to me though.

It's his demise that was his biggest bad ass moment. A big fuck you free of compromise in the face of certain death.

Jack Torrance wrote:
MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Rorschach was my inspiration for my avatar. His end was upsetting to me though.

It's his demise that was his biggest bad ass moment. A big fuck you free of compromise in the face of certain death.

True. But I reacted the same way Night Owl did.

Tater

Tater

DANGIT

I'm hoping Watchmen is on netflix? i never saw it, but now i want to watch it.

Oops... sorry Derp. It's almost 3 hours long.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:
Jack Torrance wrote:

True. But I reacted the same way Night Owl did.

As did I.

But it was the only way...

TexasMace

TexasMace

Mr. Bubbles!

I LOVED The Watchmen! Need to put that on the buy list.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Not long if you stop mid way through to roll a fatty.

I rolled a burrito.

Tater

Tater

I'll be fine. i've sat through long snoozefests before... cough...cough avatar...

what was that other flick.... *remembers as i'm typing. SIN CITY. that was a good one too.

I still have to finish my Battlestar galactica series!

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Still technically rolling.

Score!

I still need to watch Sin City. Thanks for reminding me.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Sin City is kind a like watching three seperate films. I suggesting rolling three times.

One of my favorite movies is The Wrestler. I thought Mickey Rourke was great in that. Then I discovered he was in Sin City. So I'm all over that.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Well if you had time to watch the watchmen you had time to watch BHD.... THats all I'mma saying foo!

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Oh stop it already!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

*stops*

now what?

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ready?

*blows whistle*

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

O shit o shit o shit.

What do I do..... what DO I DO?????????

Fuck it! *walks over to the bar and grabs a full bottle of Woodford*

No one has sent me a copy of BHD..... *glares at DL*

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I was going to but my wife already gave away my extra copy.... I thought I had told you that already? Maybe not. Here *pour Mills a Woodford and Coke*

You did, but that doesnt help MY situation.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I creamed my fanboy pants when I first saw this movie in theaters. Creamed them again (twice in the same sitting) when I bought the bad ass ultimate edition that's like 5 hours long. I love the longer version simply because it's very true to the comic. I own two different copies of that too. The only thing that's really changed from comic to movie is how Adrian makes peace throughout the world. In the comics, it's some create that he created with the help of scientist, artist, and other peoples. I have to say, it's not only one of my favorite comics ever, it's also one of my favorite movies. Besides, Malin Akerman! Yummy!

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:I was going to but my wife already gave away my extra copy.... I thought I had told you that already? Maybe not. Here *pour Mills a Woodford and Coke*

Mmmmm Woodford. That's some of the best bourbon I have ever had!

Oh shit, dont do that. You will get DL started.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I have a bottle (over half full) at home. My friend said he's bringing up a bottle of the Special Reserve (?) for my wedding.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Kalei2418 wrote:I creamed my fanboy pants when I first saw this movie in theaters. Creamed them again (twice in the same sitting) when I bought the bad ass ultimate edition that's like 5 hours long. I love the longer version simply because it's very true to the comic. I own two different copies of that too. The only thing that's really changed from comic to movie is how Adrian makes peace throughout the world. In the comics, it's some create that he created with the help of scientist, artist, and other peoples. I have to say, it's not only one of my favorite comics ever, it's also one of my favorite movies. Besides, Malin Akerman! Yummy!

I downloaded some Ultimate Cut that had some cartoons bits in it. Didn't watch it but, what the fuck is up with that?

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Jack Torrance wrote:
Kalei2418 wrote:I creamed my fanboy pants when I first saw this movie in theaters. Creamed them again (twice in the same sitting) when I bought the bad ass ultimate edition that's like 5 hours long. I love the longer version simply because it's very true to the comic. I own two different copies of that too. The only thing that's really changed from comic to movie is how Adrian makes peace throughout the world. In the comics, it's some create that he created with the help of scientist, artist, and other peoples. I have to say, it's not only one of my favorite comics ever, it's also one of my favorite movies. Besides, Malin Akerman! Yummy!

I downloaded some Ultimate Cut that had some cartoons bits in it. Didn't watch it but, what the fuck is up with that?

In the graphic novel, there was a black kid sitting by the newspaper guy reading a comic book. He reads it throughout the whole graphic novel. You also see the comic and get to read it too. They ended up making that into some cartoon like thing to help keep the feel of the original graphic novel. Basically when reading the graphic novel, you get a comic to read inside of it too.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

YES!!!!! Fellow Woodford fan! I have a bottle and a half at my house at the moment. I think the wife is taking the kids to her Moms Sunday for a few days so I may have no Woodford by the end of next week!

Woodford is THE Best Bourbon Whiskey EVA!!!!!!!!!! Bourbon is the nectar of the gods!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

O and is he bringing Woodford Reserve VIP, or the Woodford Masters Collection?

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:YES!!!!! Fellow Woodford fan! I have a bottle and a half at my house at the moment. I think the wife is taking the kids to her Moms Sunday for a few days so I may have no Woodford by the end of next week!

Woodford is THE Best Bourbon Whiskey EVA!!!!!!!!!! Bourbon is the nectar of the gods!

Yes it is. I let two of my coworkers try some, and one of them loves it too. It sucks because it's hard to get in PA, but I don't care. I just order it from my liquor store and they ship it in for me. I think he said that it's 6-10 years old. Whatever that would be.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

They are just a hope skip and a jump away from me! Kentucky is AWESOME!!!!!!!! Well I know it is made in small batches, I can;t remember how old it is before it is bottled and shipped. Love the Woodford! Try Four Roses if you ever get a chance. Its good stuff as well.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Kalei2418 wrote:
Jack Torrance wrote:

In the graphic novel, there was a black kid sitting by the newspaper guy reading a comic book. He reads it throughout the whole graphic novel. You also see the comic and get to read it too. They ended up making that into some cartoon like thing to help keep the feel of the original graphic novel. Basically when reading the graphic novel, you get a comic to read inside of it too.

Is it any good or will the cartoon parts seem too much?

The Watchmen  (SPOILERS INSIDE!!!) Rorsch10

Moment of silence....

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

SPOILER ALERT!

We spoiled the fuck out of this whole topic. But I'll change the title.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Jack Torrance wrote:
Kalei2418 wrote:
Jack Torrance wrote:

Is it any good or will the cartoon parts seem too much?

The cartoon bits are small. They are broken down into 4-5 different segments throughout the graphic novel and movie. I wish that they would have explored the story that they wrote for the comic book a bit more. It was kind of dark and deep, but I really liked it. It did seem to add something to the overall feel of Watchmen.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I liked the move don't get me wrong. But the original Graphic Novel is 100x better. There was a lot of stuff in the movie that kinda irked me. Like Dr.Manhattans dong.

I mean in the book he wasn't naked ALL the time. And when he was, it wasn't....out there. Like you had to look for it. And in the book they only really did it near the end of the book and that was just to show him losing his touch with humanity. Yet in the movie it was like "Hey guys! Check me out! BLUE PENIS!!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum