Ron Swanson
Captain Pirate Pineapple
DRGN LRD 1213
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Song of Ice and Fire Empty A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-29, 14:14

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Is a series of books by George R.R. Martin. THe first book is titled A Game of Thrones and this is one of the BEST fantasy series I have ever read! Martin does a brilliant job of creating a wrold, and characters so vivid that they stand out in your mind. In addition HBO recently started airing a series based on the book. I have not seen it but I here it is good! I strongly recomend this series to anyone! In addition would love to discuss the books with anyone that has read them.

2A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-29, 15:47

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Haven't read the books, but I caught a little bit of an episode on HBO. Looks awesome. I'm currently also watching The Borgias on Showtime too. I want to watch more episodes of Thrones though, but it does look like something that I would pick up to read.

3A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-29, 15:54

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I haven't read a really good fantasy since LotR in high school. I might check into it a little bit, I loved LotR enough to own about 4 other books on the series and read each several times....... Im such a dork

4A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-29, 16:41

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

If you liked LoTR I think you will also like this series! If someone asks me for a good fantasy read I always tell them to read these books and everytime they always get back to me they ask why I have not tols them of these books sooner. I am series. Go get them TODAY!

5A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 00:06

zachattack46

zachattack46

About halfway through a game of thrones great book. I like the fact it's pretty light on the fantasy side too it almost seems like historical fiction if it wasn't for the others or whatever they're called.

6A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 00:46

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I've watched the first 2 episodes of the series and like it so far.

Oddly enough an HBO rep just gave me a new copy of the book today along with a Game of thrones fold out family tree thingy, a tiny metal stark(?) shield, a Thrones notebook and the first episode on disc.

Not sure if the disc is a dvd or Blu-ray though. I haven't opened it yet.

DL if you want the loot (dvd, foldout, shield etc...)I'll send it to you, I'm not a collector so it'll probably just get thrown out if I don't give it away.

I'm keeping the book though...

7A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 09:43

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the topic title keeps reminding me of this

8A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 11:32

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Holy shit I would LOVE that stuff dude! My favorite series besides LOTR!

9A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 12:08

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I just added it to my library requests. I've always heard it was really good so I will have to grab it this week!

10A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 12:21

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Borders or Barnes & Nobles was closing down near me. I think I'll later today and see if I can find them. They had a huge sale on everything in the store, and I mean everything. They were selling the book shelves, coffee makers, and everything else.

11A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-04-30, 12:28

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Holy shit I would LOVE that stuff dude! My favorite series besides LOTR!

PM'd you DL.

12A Song of Ice and Fire Empty Re: A Song of Ice and Fire 2011-05-02, 10:36

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yes keep the book for sure and read it Metal! I hope everyone else also gets it soon and reads it! I have my copy out on loan but plan on reading it again as soon as I get it back.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum