We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL: My thoughts, AFC West

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-08, 18:36

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Chargers- learned a valuable lesson last year, the West is no longer theirs. Off the field issues with Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeil is the most likely reason for poor team play. Ryan Matthews didn't turn out to be the RB the need, but Philips Rivers leadership of this team turned out to be absolute. The Chargers got caught in politics last year. If they stay healthy, and keep off the field issues to a minimum they have the weapons in Jackson, Floyd, and Gates, and one the best young QB's in Rivers to have a top rated passing attack. Ryan Matthews needs to stay health, Darren Sprloes is not the answer at RB. I can see them switching to a RBBC approach. Needs to find an elite-pass rusher.
Chiefs- Up and comers, Cassel is not a great QB, but makes good decisions, the emergence of this young team shows how important good coaching is. Scott Paoli was the QB coach at NE when Brady went down and Cassel carried them that season. Weapons on offense such as McCluster, Jones, Moeki ( very underrated TE), and Bowe, Cassel has plenty of options to spread the ball around and a strong running game for support and take pressure off of Cassel. The defense stepped last and made a statement: We will no longer lay down.
Broncos- One word last year: meltdown, couldn't get anything going on either side of the ball, McDaniels probably deserves most of the blame for chasing Cutler, Marshall, and trading away Hillis out of town. They are now a "rebuilding team" This team has been in turmoil since Shannhan was fired, and any productivity was due to weakness of the division at the time (that is no longer an issue). They need to find their identity: whether it's behind Tebow, or someone else at QB, that is where it starts. (I think Tebow has the work ethic to be successful, but that's me)
Raiders- Another up and coming team, but until they figure out a QB they will just be spoiler in this division. ANOTHER head coaching change still makes this team a bit of a wildcard, but Hue Jackson was the offensive coordinator last year, and with a strong running game they can do alot without a QB but they need one to compete in the division.

My thoughts on end of season ranking:
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders
Broncos

Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

2NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-08, 21:54

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I agree

3NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-09, 09:05

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I forgot to mention that I'll go through the entire NFL division by division. It's fun for me really, maybe it'll spark some discussion on and off. I'm sure as I hit some member favorite teams i'll start getting some hatemail Very Happy .

4NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-09, 10:26

Zillah

Zillah

I think we can all agree the Chiefs will end up in 1st place.

5NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-09, 10:48

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I won't count the Chargers out, they very good offense, and if the defense is solid, they can take the west.

6NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-09, 10:54

Zillah

Zillah

Yeah i have no idea why they did so bad last year, they have an aweosome team.

I actually went to the monday night game with the Cheifs vs Chargers. we got lucky and came out with a win

7NFL: My thoughts, AFC West Empty Re: NFL: My thoughts, AFC West 2011-05-09, 17:16

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Zillah wrote:Yeah i have no idea why they did so bad last year, they have an aweosome team.

I actually went to the monday night game with the Cheifs vs Chargers. we got lucky and came out with a win

NICE!!! that was very good game to see.

as for SD: most people say it was lack of defense, mostly lack of a pass rusher to put pressure on opposing QB's.

Me: I say Norv Turner, I don't think he is a good coach. I'm a firm believer in that good coaching will always be talented players. Plus the GM AJ smith tried making a point with Jackson and McNiell, and the team suffered. I just don't know if this will be a one season thing, or a new trend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum