New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Texas, just ordered my AR15 :D

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Topic, should be shipping out this Monday. Got a good deal from these guys in Indiana, funny how I found them. Contacted a guy on a message forum I frequent whom I also subscribed to his You Tube channel. He actually went out on his lunch break and found my rifle at his local gun dealer and the dealer gives special deals to subscribers of the You Tube channel. So I got my Stag Arms Model 4 M16 style AR15 for a flat rate of 899.99 which normally retails for 1,100.00 and he tossed in shipping and a 30 round magpul magazine. Not bad if you ask me.

I'll post pictures as soon as I get it Very Happy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Sounds nice man.I'm still waiting to find a good AK around here.Haven't been to the pawn shops in awhile but last time I did they were way over priced.One of em even wanted 600 for a SKS w/folding stock.

I found this site kinda like gunbroker but it's only in Tx and people meet face to face to sell and I saw these two AK's I wanted.Still waiting for a reply on a guy with an underfolder w/3 mags and bayonet,the other is a Yugo for 650 which I'm not sold on...too much for an AK for me lol.I have 700 to spend though.Might pick up a cheap hi point pistol to see if they're any good.Youtube reviews have seemed promising on them

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Here man, if you know a place where you can get an FFL transfer, check this rifle out.

http://www.hendersondefense.com/store/pc/Century-Certified-AK74-Carbines-5-45mm-50p85.htm

It's not an AK47 but the slightly newer one an AK74 which fires a slightly different round and is just as reliable as the 47 (Ammo is cheaper too). Further more, it's a bit more accurate. This was the AK I was looking at before, but I ultimately decided to go for the AR15 due to the modularity of the platform.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

woah! XD

Instead of getting this cheap shotgun and pistol I was gonna get,I'm gonna look around and get an AK74.

it says they're outta stock though.I've heard of JG sales being good.I'm just really worried about being scammed online.Ever since years ago I ordered some brass knuckles off of a site and they never came -__-

I'm not sure how,but I heard the 74 is actually more reliable if that's possible than the 47

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The AK74 is an updated version of the AK47, it uses a slightly smaller round and with the addition of a muzzle break it reduces the recoil of the weapon. The exact specifics I can't recall at this time, but it is also more accurate than the AK47.

The best part is that ammunition (If you use the steel cored stuff, which can't be used at indoor ranges) is stupidly inexpensive.

You can get 1080 rounds for a little over $140

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=A54539R&name=Russian+5.45x39+53grn+FMJ+1080rd+Can&groupid=33

as opposed to 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 that the AK47 uses for $239.50 at AIM surplus

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=ABS76239HP&name=Silver+Bear+7.62x39+HP+123grn+20rd+Box&groupid=39

or $218.00 at SGAmmo.com

http://www.sgammo.com/product/brown-bear/500rd-762x39-brown-bear-soft-point-poly-coated

Yeah, AK47 ammunition is getting more and more expensive as the military surplus stuff starts to dry up.

Oh, and by the way, if you're looking at a WASR-10, best to get it from Henderson Defense where they're "Certified" meaning they go through a thorough inspection to make sure they are clear to go. That way you don't get a lemon (Which WASR-10's are known for) with canted sights and all sorts of headache inducing problems usually associated with the cheap AK47/74's which almost all are imported by Century Arms International.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I forgot to mention, this company was recommend by the same guy who referred me to his local dealer for my AR15. He's ordered several rifles from these guys, so apparently they're legit.

I emailed them inquiring about how often the restock their rifles, so hopefully it will Worl out that them be in stock again soon.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Congrats, Artimise! I really want to see some pics so don't forget about us. I don't know if you saw my post but I put up pics of my build. I'm finished as of a few minutes ago. Bought a DPMS Bolt Carrier Group so I'm done! BTW, Stag Arms is a great brand so I'm sure you'll be pleased.

For anyone still looking DPMS has some nice rifles for under a grand as well.
Like this one:
http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=6016

Dangit, now you guys got me diggin' that AK!

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, congrats Texas! Glad you got your rifle together finally! Hope you didn't go through any more crap with your lower receiver.

Where did you post the pic of your rifle?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum